Flint Firebirds 2021-22 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
Orthmann and Kuzmin are in NHL Camps. Apparently Morgan wants to be traded. That training camp roster posted by our marketing guy on our site is bogus!

Little early for NHL camps isn’t it?

I don’t think it’s a coincidence those names aren’t there, as well as Morgan and Gretz.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Are other NHL selections from OHL cities reporting for their OHL training camps?

Saginaw yesterday had Bloom, Lennox, Codd, Smith who are all invited to camps in attendance. Not to mention Jenkins, Perfetti, and Suzuki who were also in the building visiting but not participating because they will be pro. If camps are a thing you wouldnt think any of them would have been around

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Saginaw yesterday had Bloom, Lennox, Codd, Smith who are all invited to camps in attendance. Not to mention Jenkins, Perfetti, and Suzuki who were also in the building visiting but not participating because they will be pro. If camps are a thing you wouldnt think any of them would have been around
Saginaw is in a lot better position than Flint is and that is what I expected.

OHL Fan

Mar 5, 2020
Flint seems like they have an abundance of dmen including 4 seniors, 3-4 rookies and stud Import. Their goaltending should be fine with Cavallin.

Their forwards will be fine and GM will trade Morgan for a quality younger player.

They should compete for lower playoff team this year, and should be Mem Cup contenders in 2 yrs.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Flint seems like they have an abundance of dmen including 4 seniors, 3-4 rookies and stud Import. Their goaltending should be fine with Cavallin.

Their forwards will be fine and GM will trade Morgan for a quality younger player.

They should compete for lower playoff team this year, and should be Mem Cup contenders in 2 yrs.

Flint will be lucky to make the playoffs this coming year and I doubt a Memorial Cup contender in 2 years.
Because of ownership they will become known again as the team to stay away from, unfortunate for the fans who love their team.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Flint will be lucky to make the playoffs this coming year and I doubt a Memorial Cup contender in 2 years.
Because of ownership they will become known again as the team to stay away from, unfortunate for the fans who love their team.

Great take, you seem to really be tuned in with whats going on in Flint.

The environment has changed. While Rolf really f***ed up his first year, thankfully hes not in the same situation now.

Reactions: aresknights

OHL Fan

Mar 5, 2020
Time will tell.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
With me living in Travese City, most of you are more invested than I. Season Tickets, winter entertainment, etc. I feel badly for you and all the fans. If these 3-4 veterans do not show up his could be a long fall and winter. Unfortunately, the Rolf and Terry show have returned and that is already having negativie consequences.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Unfortunately, the Rolf and Terry show have returned and that is already having negativie consequences.

I initially thought the same thing, one big difference though is his son is no longer on the team. Perhaps though he will make him Head of Hockey Operations soon? o_Oo_O

FirebirdsFan21

Nov 25, 2017
With me living in Travese City, most of you are more invested than I. Season Tickets, winter entertainment, etc. I feel badly for you and all the fans. If these 3-4 veterans do not show up his could be a long fall and winter. Unfortunately, the Rolf and Terry show have returned and that is already having negativie consequences.

Not sure on the 3-4 veterans that OHLINSIDER is calling out. If you count the veteran players that were not playing in the game, I can only come up with two. Gretz & Morgan. Both OA's. The rest of the veteran players were there.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
The OHL was in charge a season before any current Flint player was even drafted. Morgan was probably made some assurances before accepting a trade to Flint. Cavillon & Gretz probably heard a lot about the horror proceeding the sanctions against Flint. Otherwise, there is not a player on the roster that could know what it was like to be part of that …

Last edited:
Reactions: MJ5 and Toldyaso

N Da No

Jun 3, 2018
The OHL was in charge a season before any current Flint player was even drafted. Morgan was probably made some assurances before accepting a trade to Flint. Cavillon & Gretz probably heard a lot about the horror proceeding the sanctions against Flint. Otherwise, there is not a player on the roster that could know what it was like to be part of that …

Yes, BUT....how many of those players agents are aware of what went on in Flint with Rolf's actions? Remember, that player agents work and advise in the best interest of the players they represent.

It was bad enough to have Nilsen back in control, but then he goes ahead and re-hires Christensen. As one player agent I have spoken with said......WOW, Double WOW, WOW, money does not buy integrity.

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
Yes, BUT....how many of those players agents are aware of what went on in Flint with Rolf's actions? Remember, that player agents work and advise in the best interest of the players they represent.

It was bad enough to have Nilsen back in control, but then he goes ahead and re-hires Christensen. As one player agent I have spoken with said......WOW, Double WOW, WOW, money does not buy integrity.
Was that agent Dellandrea’s? Still hoping to be traded?

Last edited by a moderator:

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
If Morgan wants out…cool…not sure what’s up with Gretz but it shouldn’t be too hard to replace his 11 points he’s gotten in 3 seasons here in Flint

Toldyaso

Tragic Poster
Apr 13, 2015
I think maybe too much is being read into who wasn't at this camp. If you ask me this was more like a spring orientation camp. The vets rarely participate in those. Can't really compare this to a normal camp because it isn't that by any stretch. Don't let the troublemakers get you all wound up. I have been permanently blocked by the mods from seeing The crazy cat ladies posts but when you guys quote her I see them in the email notifications. I see she's up to her usual tricks. Don't buy in she is just trolling you guys like always. Hockey gossip is like mean girl gossip and should be ignored.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

$ sure seems to do wonders for an aging arena. The kids probably appreciate that and other amenities money does buy.
There was never really any doubt Rolf was going to take back control of his team. A little swift for a franchise that seemed to be put in a good place by the league, imo; but Rolf did have five years to plan his 2nd attempt at controlling an OHL franchise. Flint certainly appeared to have a plan in place for the draft.

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
I think maybe too much is being read into who wasn't at this camp. If you ask me this was more like a spring orientation camp. The vets rarely participate in those. Can't really compare this to a normal camp because it isn't that by any stretch. Don't let the troublemakers get you all wound up. I have been permanently blocked by the mods from seeing The crazy cat ladies posts but when you guys quote her I see them in the email notifications. I see she's up to her usual tricks. Don't buy in she is just trolling you guys like always. Hockey gossip is like mean girl gossip and should be ignored.
I just read and laugh

Reactions: Toldyaso

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
$ sure seems to do wonders for an aging arena. The kids probably appreciate that and other amenities money does buy.
There was never really any doubt Rolf was going to take back control of his team. A little swift for a franchise that seemed to be put in a good place by the league, imo; but Rolf did have five years to plan his 2nd attempt at controlling an OHL franchise. Flint certainly appeared to have a plan in place for the draft.
Considering their first 4 picks plus and more are in camp says a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad