Flint Firebirds 2021-22 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Hey guys……coming in peace from Peterborough. Just wondering which OAs the Firebirds will be keeping. The Petes have exactly zero OAs at this point.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
Hey guys……coming in peace from Peterborough. Just wondering which OAs the Firebirds will be keeping. The Petes have exactly zero OAs at this point.

As far as I can find, they only have Luke Cavallin and Chazz Grimes signed in net, so I'm assuming Cavallin will get 1 spot. That leaves Keppen, Morgan, Pierce and Gretz. I'd say the best 2 players out of there are Keppen and Morgan, but I'm also not sure where they stand in terms of positional need, so I wouldn't count Gretz out.

I know the Petes have a lot of spots on forward. Emmett Pierce could certainly fill a role in Peterborough. Big power forward who can put up a decent amount of points.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
As far as I can find, they only have Luke Cavallin and Chazz Grimes signed in net, so I'm assuming Cavallin will get 1 spot. That leaves Keppen, Morgan, Pierce and Gretz. I'd say the best 2 players out of there are Keppen and Morgan, but I'm also not sure where they stand in terms of positional need, so I wouldn't count Gretz out.

I know the Petes have a lot of spots on forward. Emmett Pierce could certainly fill a role in Peterborough. Big power forward who can put up a decent amount of points.

Peyton Grainer, and Chazz Nixon are both signed.

I would 100% expect Luke Cavallin to be the #1 tho.

I thought someone on here said Pierce was drafted in another league?

OHL Fan

Mar 5, 2020
Peyton Grainer, and Chazz Nixon are both signed.

I would 100% expect Luke Cavallin to be the #1 tho.

I thought someone on here said Pierce was drafted in another league?

I believe NAHL for Pierce.

Cavallin, Morgan and Keppen.

Rumours have it that a few 01s may want out or be headed to AHL??

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
OAs are going to be Keppen, Cavallin and Gretz. Book it.
I think so too. Based on the roster make up and the 5 OA candidates, it makes the most sense to keep 1F, 1D and 1G. From there it's just deciding between Keppen, Morgan and Pierce and that to me is an easy decision.

Toldyaso

Tragic Poster
Apr 13, 2015
I think so too. Based on the roster make up and the 5 OA candidates, it makes the most sense to keep 1F, 1D and 1G. From there it's just deciding between Keppen, Morgan and Pierce and that to me is an easy decision.
Keppen and Cavallin are both definitely. My source would have the list of everyone coming to camp and I had a visit with them yesterday.

CCFirebirds

Nov 11, 2020
Davison, MI
So I see the OHL announced that all fans/teams/staff for the 17 Canadian teams have to be vaccinated to go to a game.. think Saginaw and Flint are gonna have to do the same?

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
So I see the OHL announced that all fans/teams/staff for the 17 Canadian teams have to be vaccinated to go to a game.. think Saginaw and Flint are gonna have to do the same?

To be vaxed? I doubt it. Unless the OHL enforces that.

To wear a mask? probably. Both MSU and Michigan football programs announced people will need to wear them indoors at bathrooms and in the suites. Recommend fans to wear them in the stands, but not mandatory.

Since the arenas are enclosed, I could see them requiring people to wear them indoors.

Last edited:

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
No I can't. We only talked about the two OA and the two they are billeting. I didn't don't mention the billets because I didn't want to take a chance outing them.
Good to see someone is getting names. There is nothing coming from this regime that is in place, including the new broadcast/marketing guy! Nothing much about traning camp either

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
US Supreme court, Jacobson v Massachusetts, 1905.
Make it mandatory Michigan, it's constitutional! This comment relates to the OHL's recent announcement and how it might affect US teams.

Last edited:

FirebirdsFan21

Nov 25, 2017
Its going happen regardless. If you want to be in the same area with the players, staff, etc.... who are required to be vaccinated, then shouldn't you be as well. With most of the people coming across from Canada, it only makes sense. If you don't want to get the vaccine, then you don't have to. The league is going to have the final ruling on this.

My entire family already has the required vaccines so it won't stop us from games in the US or in Canada currently.

Reactions: MJ5
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad