Flint Firebirds 2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey61fan

Oct 14, 2018
So, did anyone ever find out if Othmann signed while he was in town after the draft? Would make me feel much better to know that is out of the way.
I heard he may not report. Hence the reason why the nice blades . Trying to sugar coat everything for him. I am hoping this is all just a rumour.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
I heard he may not report. Hence the reason why the nice blades . Trying to sugar coat everything for him. I am hoping this is all just a rumour.
Where did you hear he"may not report" from? That is a pretty bold statement to post when for all indications there is no issue with his reporting.

N Da No

Jun 3, 2018
Othmann WILL be reporting to Flint. The real question that should be asked is WILL he stay in Flint if/when Rolf Nilsen assumes total control.

N Da No

Jun 3, 2018
Agreed, Rolf without #4 around should be different. Like Savard has stated he wants a winner, hes a successful business man, lets hope it translates.

You've left out one vital aspect that hasn't changed, Rolf also WANTS a place for Hakon to play. After what happen with Wichita, he'll do anything...Stay Tuned.

N Da No

Jun 3, 2018
A shout out to Flint Firefighter Rico Phillips who is the Director of the Flint Inner-City Youth Hockey Program which is one of three finalist for the Willie O'Ree Community Hero Award.

Willie O'Ree Community Hero Award finalists announced

The winner will be invited to take part in the NHL Awards on June 19th in Las Vegas..

Phillips formed the program in 2010 to expose kids between the ages of 8-11 to hockey and give them a sense of hope in an economically struggling Flint where hope often is in short supply.

Players receive free equipment, ice skating and hockey instruction during the nine-week program, held at Dort Federal Credit Union Event Center.

You can place your vote thru May 5th at: Willie O'Ree Community Hero Award

Reactions: TcNorth

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
You've left out one vital aspect that hasn't changed, Rolf also WANTS a place for Hakon to play. After what happen with Wichita, he'll do anything...Stay Tuned.
What happened in Wichita??? He played 7 out of 9 games while he was there, had an assist, and was +2. Hardly seems like things went sideways on him. Something off the ice that you know about???

Last edited:

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
There's why I didn't like how Saginaw was built. I didn't think they had quite enough offensive firepower, their D was a bit too risky and Prosvetov. Not how I thought he would fall apart but still... That being said I've liked Lennox since Day 1 and think Saginaw has a goalie that will give Flint fits for the next 3 years.

Reactions: MJ5

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
There's why I didn't like how Saginaw was built. I didn't think they had quite enough offensive firepower, their D was a bit too risky and Prosvetov. Not how I thought he would fall apart but still... That being said I've liked Lennox since Day 1 and think Saginaw has a goalie that will give Flint fits for the next 3 years.

Lennox is legit, played well tonight. Glad Guelph won, controlled the majority of tonight's game.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
When you're going to go all in, you've got to go all in. Their offense pre-deadline looked decent but a lot of those games were against Flint, Windsor and Sarnia. I just felt it was a half buy in that burned a lot of their assets for just a regular season division banner. They still have some assets left though and I think there's a decent chance Wilde and Prosvetov get returned. They'll be strong next year too.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
When you're going to go all in, you've got to go all in. Their offense pre-deadline looked decent but a lot of those games were against Flint, Windsor and Sarnia. I just felt it was a half buy in that burned a lot of their assets for just a regular season division banner. They still have some assets left though and I think there's a decent chance Wilde and Prosvetov get returned. They'll be strong next year too.

I wonder if they will want Prosvetov back.

Gensdef

May 24, 2017
I think Saginaw is set in goal for awhile. They didn't lose because of Lennox. Think he is going to be great going forward. What they do with Prosvetov i dont know, but i would go with Lennox.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Plenty of fans on their board wouldn't mind moving on from him. They either tired of his act, or never warmed up to him in the first place.

He's either going to get signed by the Coyotes and move on or I'm sure he can go to Europe and get paid. I don't think Drinkell is ever going to have to decide what to do with him.

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
Should be interesting to see what happens in Saginaw and now Windsor becoming a smoldering dumpster fire with ownership issues.

So what happened with Wichita? Is this an empty claim or is there something of substance. This type of stuff is starting to be really old. If there was something going on, you'd think it'd leak out already specially considering history with the individual(s).

Hockey61fan

Oct 14, 2018
What happened in Wichita??? He played 7 out of 9 games while he was there, had an assist, and was +2. Hardly seems like things went sideways on him. Something off the ice that you know about???
So what happened in Wichita? Spill it...
All I see is that Hakon played 7 out of 9 remaining games. Ended with an assist and a +2.
Yes he made mistakes at the JR level but who didn't.
You are also only as good as the players you play with and also only as good as you are coached....

Reactions: jprenkert

N Da No

Jun 3, 2018
As to what happen in Wichita? Ask Malcolm Cameron what happen. It ended up costing him his job. Publicly the Thunder GM Joel Lomurno and Cameron agreed "that it was best for both parties to go in a new direction." Cameron stated abruptly "After three years with the Thunder, I decided that I was ready for a new and different challenge.” There is more to the story than that. Ask yourself, out of all the places to go play hockey how and why did Hakon end up playing in Wichita?

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
As to what happen in Wichita? Ask Malcolm Cameron what happen. It ended up costing him his job. Publicly the Thunder GM Joel Lomurno and Cameron agreed "that it was best for both parties to go in a new direction." Cameron stated abruptly "After three years with the Thunder, I decided that I was ready for a new and different challenge.” There is more to the story than that. Ask yourself, out of all the places to go play hockey how and why did Hakon end up playing in Wichita?
Sorry, I don't have access to Malcolm Cameron. I don't have a friend who speaks Belarusian. I don't have a way to get into Jimmy Devallano's private suite at the LCA. If you know something, stop playing games with it. Let's hear it......

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
Could be random coincidence. Many times you see ECHL teams go thru coaches for whatever reason. He probably went there as it was the best opportunity that was afforded him at that time. Unless your not telling the whole story? Or assuming that is what happened. Wichita didnt make the playoffs this year so maybe that was the reason.

When you look at wichita, they are farm team of the Oilers so you arent going to get much talent. I think this is all speculation unless as i stated before, all the facts aren't being disclosed. To me this is purely hot air and they

Reactions: MJ5 and Gensdef

Toldyaso

Tragic Poster
Apr 13, 2015
Malcolm Cameron gets fired after going 84-105-27 over 3 seasons. Best season was 34-30-0 in 17-18 season. eliminated in the first round of the playoffs. Can't imagine why they would even consider firing him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad