Flint Firebirds 2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
Cant wait to see the new ECHL team come out with Hakan as the top pair dman. My "insiders" (bi weekly night time janitor who sweeps concourse) said players are requesting to get moved out after the SPHL Kwanzaa Break. Btw, my highly placed scout (squirt travel) says that Dellandrea wont report due to lack of shiny skate blades for him.
I heard Ty was holding out for gold blades

Hockey61fan

Oct 14, 2018
It's got nothing to do with jumping ship, it's merely pointing out what is to be realistic statement in Flint and that is it's not all sunshine and rainbows. If you want to bury your head in the sand and pretend it's all good that is your prerogative and mine is to also state the obvious. We all know unless certain pieces are removed it will be another debacle season for this team.
I agree 100%. Even if Rolf gets the team back this year there are still a couple of factors that need to be removed. It will be an interesting year. You can draft all the talent in the world but if they don't change what is wrong it doesn't matter.

Reactions: TcNorth

RedRover

Apr 4, 2019
The Flint Firebirds Hockey Club is looking for qualified interns & employees for their third season in the Ontario Hockey League (OHL), the premiere development league for the NHL. Below are the positions the Firebirds are currently looking for.
If you are interested in gaining quality knowledge and experience within the Firebirds’ organization, please click the above links below to learn more about applying to become a member of our team today!

Reactions: LDN

Hockey61fan

Oct 14, 2018
The Flint Firebirds Hockey Club is looking for qualified interns & employees for their third season in the Ontario Hockey League (OHL), the premiere development league for the NHL. Below are the positions the Firebirds are currently looking for.
If you are interested in gaining quality knowledge and experience within the Firebirds’ organization, please click the above links below to learn more about applying to become a member of our team today!

Wow. Looks like they cleaned house or people left.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
3rd ?
o_O:confused::huh:o_O:confused::huh:

Reactions: LDN

Toldyaso

Tragic Poster
Apr 13, 2015
Short memory syndrome. this happens every year. What you don't see on that list is the position for team trainer. That position is open as well. That is the only critical position to be filled.

Reactions: aresknights

Fntfirebirdfan

Dec 16, 2018

If you click on those links, you will see it's for interns except for the Equipment Manager.

N Da No

Jun 3, 2018
Thank you, admin/EON.

As to Mike Hildenbrand, let me take this time to say that I along with the players and coaches appreciated your dedication and commitment for the past three years with the Firebirds. You have not only exhibited that here in Flint but also during your career which has taken you all around the world.

Best wishes to you and your family Mike.

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
I was thinking the same thing. Guess someone reported them and had the admin remove them.
Seems kind of lame.. :skeptic:. Some of the stuff deleted was pointless to delete. Hell the whole trail wasn't bad. Curious reasons why people "report" these posts. I guess some people can't handle difference of opinion, or providing proof/facts to what they spew. You're masked by a user name. What are you afraid of?

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
So, did anyone ever find out if Othmann signed while he was in town after the draft? Would make me feel much better to know that is out of the way.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
So, did anyone ever find out if Othmann signed while he was in town after the draft? Would make me feel much better to know that is out of the way.

They usually announce it when it happens. The OHL site has had a few since the draft. Nothing from the league or the team so far.

Gensdef

May 24, 2017
To me it seems like Flint always waits until closer to mid summer to start annoucing commitments. Then they kind of string them out as a build up to camp.

Reactions: Toldyaso

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
There’s a dead giveaway when camp rolls around....anyone under 18yo who is wearing a half-shield is signed. Gotta wear full-face protection if unsigned.

Reactions: Toldyaso
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad