Flint Firebirds 2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRover

Apr 4, 2019
Still really high on Cody Morgan. He still has two years left after his very good half season with Flint.
I agree ....people need to remember it's not a sprint it's a marathon and everyone comes into their own at different times. Some players get drafted in their actual draft year, yet never sign with a team, and then there are other players who get drafted after their draft year and they get signed! You just never know.

Last edited:
Reactions: TcNorth

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit

Guess he’s coming lol

Must be nice. Wonder if every set of steel he uses this year is like this or if its just as a perk of being a first round pick or whatever. I'm sure that wasnt cheap. Bet that set of steel cost about $200 and etching im going to guess $50?
Pays to have money. Be sweet if the whole team had these.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Haven't been able to pay attention to any hockey over the last four days. I've been getting texts about the US team, mostly pertaining to Caufield. I'll be able to catch most games this week I think. Koly has exhibited leadership characteristics since day 1 with the Firebirds. It's one of the things that impressed me immediately with him. Though probably deserving, I'm not sure if he'll have a letter next year but I'd be shocked if he doesn't have one the year after.....if he's not in the NHL.

Reactions: Toldyaso

HockeyForLife14

Aug 31, 2018
Must be nice. Wonder if every set of steel he uses this year is like this or if its just as a perk of being a first round pick or whatever. I'm sure that wasnt cheap. Bet that set of steel cost about $200 and etching im going to guess $50?
Pays to have money. Be sweet if the whole team had these.

Gotta put the shiny objects in front of this kids eyes so he doesn't see the inside of this place...

Toldyaso

Tragic Poster
Apr 13, 2015
Hoping the league follows through and gives him the same thing Cavallin got.

Well we are going to find out if the zero tolerance policy on this is zero tolerance for everyone or just some of the players.

RedRover

Apr 4, 2019
I'm thinking the above poster may be referring to the issues at hand with Flint rather then the aesthetics of the locker room. :sarcasm:

RedRover

Apr 4, 2019
Feel free to jump ship
It's got nothing to do with jumping ship, it's merely pointing out what is to be realistic statement in Flint and that is it's not all sunshine and rainbows. If you want to bury your head in the sand and pretend it's all good that is your prerogative and mine is to also state the obvious. We all know unless certain pieces are removed it will be another debacle season for this team.

Reactions: TcNorth

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
It's got nothing to do with jumping ship, it's merely pointing out what is to be realistic statement in Flint and that is it's not all sunshine and rainbows. If you want to bury your head in the sand and pretend it's all good that is your prerogative and mine is to also state the obvious. We all know unless certain pieces are removed it will be another debacle season for this team.
So be it...life goes on

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
Why all the negative on trying to bury an organization that brings you enjoyment and a break from reality. These players are KIDS who are growing up and seeing the real world. Yes its a crappy situation, but turn around and support them for showing up and putting for a competitive effort out there everynight. Yes you can piss in your own wheaties every morning but no need to push it on others. Obviously we can agree to disagree.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MJ5 and Toldyaso

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Gotta put the shiny objects in front of this kids eyes so he doesn't see the inside of this place...
He's not going to report anyway. Nobody will report to Flint. Or waive their 1st round pick no trade clause to come here. It's been all downhill since Dellandrea and Busby were traded at the deadline. It's too bad Flint can't be where Kingston, Windsor or Peterborough are right now.

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
He's not going to report anyway. Nobody will report to Flint. Or waive their 1st round pick no trade clause to come here. It's been all downhill since Dellandrea and Busby were traded at the deadline. It's too bad Flint can't be where Kingston, Windsor or Peterborough are right now.

Cant wait to see the new ECHL team come out with Hakan as the top pair dman. My "insiders" (bi weekly night time janitor who sweeps concourse) said players are requesting to get moved out after the SPHL Kwanzaa Break. Btw, my highly placed scout (squirt travel) says that Dellandrea wont report due to lack of shiny skate blades for him.

Reactions: MJ5 and Toldyaso
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad