Flint Firebirds 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
upload_2019-12-20_23-19-25.gif

Reactions: MJ5

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Does anyone know if the Best Western Plus, 6075 Hill 23 Drive, Flint, MI is conveniently located or close to Dort Arena? Or, any recommendations? Thx.

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
Does anyone know if the Best Western Plus, 6075 Hill 23 Drive, Flint, MI is conveniently located or close to Dort Arena? Or, any recommendations? Thx.
It’s about 8-10 miles away..easy to get to...there are a few hotels in that area...can even hop n the highway and take it to the arena..lots of food choices in the area too

Last edited:

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
It’s about 8-10 miles away..easy to get to...there are a few hotels in that area...can even hop n the highway and take it to the arena
Thank you, sir. We might go to the Jan. 4 game, and stay overnight. Tickets are reasonably priced too (between $12 - $20 Cdn.). Maybe I'll see you there!

Reactions: Toldyaso

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
Thank you, sir. We might go to the Jan. 4 game, and stay overnight. Tickets are reasonably priced too (between $12 - $20 Cdn.). Maybe I'll see you there!
If you’re in town early I would order tickets early and pick them up as early as possible to avoid the will call/ticket window lines because it can be bad at times

Reactions: nelli27

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint

Definitely will be the best area to stay in like 71 said.

Probably 10-15 minute ride. But lots of restaurants in the area depending on what you are looking for. There isnt really a nicer, closer option.

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
I've never stayed at any of the hotels in the area, but just to the north of that Best Western is a Hyatt Place that is brand new. Only been opened a couple of months. New is always good, right???

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
I've never stayed at any of the hotels in the area, but just to the north of that Best Western is a Hyatt Place that is brand new. Only been opened a couple of months. New is always good, right???
A lot more expensive

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
I’ve stayed at the Best Western...it’s nice...so is the one in Davison...which has a ton of food choices all around the hotel

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Brock Otten’s trade deadline preview has been posted. The only real Flint prediction he has is Vierling to Barrie for Tucker. Which is something I’ve heard from a couple sources over the last couple weeks. It would give Flint a monster blue line but I think they could benefit more acquiring a forward. I also would prefer to see a 2 year player returned for Vierling. There’s a few kids who need to up their game just a little bit and Ty needs to return performing the way he left or I don’t like their chances this year a lot. One thing WAS mentioned to me recently after I made a comment about them JUST missing on so many passes and scoring attempts and that was “You don’t always want a team fully in sync and firing on all cylinders mid-season. You want that to gel and click a bit before playoffs start and continue on through the playoffs.” I don’t know if that will happen but there is merit to that and I have seen it happen quite a few times.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Agree. Vierling would have at least two full years after this year. Getting a short term loan fiui r a few months would not be ideal.

Last edited:

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
Mixed results for Ty today...took a dumb penalty that allowed USA to tie up the game late in the third, but then scored the empty-netter that sealed a victory to Team Canada.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Mixed results for Ty today...took a dumb penalty that allowed USA to tie up the game late in the third, but then scored the empty-netter that sealed a victory to Team Canada.
A couple turnovers and came inches from flipping it over the glass and taking another one late too.

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
I am thinking of going. Probably buy tickets the morning of. What section you going to be in TC? Do they still have the hot tub near the Zamboni Entrance? Dont remember if it was still there last time i was there.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
The families tickets are in Sec. 4, but I like to stand behind #6 or #8.

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
...Do they still have the hot tub near the Zamboni Entrance? Dont remember if it was still there last time i was there.
The hot tub died a quick death after Season 1. As soon as the Dort Hwy "gentlemen's" clubs found out about it and started filling it with their employees, it had to go.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
No greasy pizza in Traverse City. Great being back in town and had dinner at Luigi’s. It was fantastic and greasy. People can say what they want about Flint, but it will always be home. Seeing the Firebirds, my sister and her husband in Montrose, my parents gravesite at New Calvary Catholic Cemetery and my Marine brothers gravesite in Holly at Great Lakes National Cemetery. Sorry. Not so much hockey related. This Carman graduate is just happy to be home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad