Flint Firebirds 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
I think you guys made the right trade. In my opinion, team was a bit soft and undersized and Tucker/ Piercy takes care of that. Good luck moving forward!

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
I think you guys made the right trade. In my opinion, team was a bit soft and undersized and Tucker/ Piercy takes care of that. Good luck moving forward!
Yeah. Watching them play you guys with Hatcher and without was quite a bit noticeably different. I kept thinking “Somebody needs to address him and if you lose, you lose. At least let him know. He’s not Stu Grimson.” They’ve got Keppen and a couple other guys with size but a bit more will definitely come in handy down the stretch.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Yeah. Watching them play you guys with Hatcher and without was quite a bit noticeably different. I kept thinking “Somebody needs to address him and if you lose, you lose. At least let him know. He’s not Stu Grimson.” They’ve got Keppen and a couple other guys with size but a bit more will definitely come in handy down the stretch.
You saw Guelph last year... numerous giants, including your revamped Gordeev. Bigger guys can wear down smaller teams in 7 game series. In this conference any team has a chance this year.

Reactions: Toldyaso

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
Has there been any update on Kyle Harris lately?
bucket

Last edited:

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Flint's draft stock took a hit with yesterday's trade. The following has our 2nd and 3rd round picks:

2nd. SSM
3rd. Guelph

2nd. Flint
3rd. Flint
3rd. Ktch

2nd None
3rd. Flint
3rd. Sudbury

2nd Ham
3r . Flint

2nd Guelph
3rd. Flint

Also, I know there could be great picks in other rounds.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smu fan

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
That's still good and I'm sure we will acquire more picks with next years OA moved out during the off season. Having a stock pile is good for years like this one where you can use them to help upgrade and build depth.

Flint just has to hit more on the mid to late round picks. That would help out even more. Alot of this team is built with their own and other teams first rd picks. Finding the diamonds in the mid to late round and FA pool would help even more

Reactions: TcNorth

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
Supposedly Akil Thomas is going to Peterborough as per OHLInsiders. Deal almost completed.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Right now, I don’t see a better option than spend all of them. Go get whatever pieces you can. Noel, Thomas, Kaliyev, whatever. Then next year you’re in sell mode with some highly desirable assets in the OHL’s host year with a lot of teams gearing up and bidding on players. Even with the OA sale, there’s not enough left to add big time pieces this year and next....and they will need big time pieces in both seasons.

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
Did anyone listen to the Coach's Show last night? Wondering if there were any good things spoken by either of the new guys, or if it was just the usual spoon fed cliches that you hear from all the OHL kids when they get moved. Also, was it mentioned if Dellandrea will/will not be in uniform tonight?

Last edited:

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Did anyone listen to the Coach's Show last night? Wondering if there were any good things spoken by either of the new guys, or if it was just the usual spoon fed cliches that you hear from all the OHL kids when they get moved. Also, was it mentioned if Dellandrea will/will not be in uniform tonight?
Pretty vanilla stuff. How they heard about the trade, goodbyes with the Colts, who they model their game after (Dion Phaneuf & Jamie Benn, but that kinda came out with them roasting each other about it), all that type of stuff. Tucker already knows Busby(workouts over the summer in Barrie), Dellandrea and Roberts (past teams including Canada U17s with Ty). Piercey only knows Morgan from summer workouts together.

Toldyaso

Tragic Poster
Apr 13, 2015

That 4th line.....

:eek:o_O:eek:o_O
I'm Thinking they may be tough to score on. If they can grind out minutes and play solid defense that still has value. Have the right defensive pair out there with them and there could be a few goals scored. I'm an optimist.

Reactions: Gensdef and MJ5

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
I'm Thinking they may be tough to score on. If they can grind out minutes and play solid defense that still has value. Have the right defensive pair out there with them and there could be a few goals scored. I'm an optimist.

I'd like to see the 4 defender penalty kill.

Toldyaso

Tragic Poster
Apr 13, 2015
Lazary is such a whiner. watching his post game interview and he's blaming trade week and his goalie and his whole team having an off night. Gotta love Piercey getting first star in his first game.

Reactions: MJ5 and Smu fan

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
I’ve paid close attention to Tucker the last few Barrie-Flint games. I can assure you, he’ll almost always have better nights than tonight. Riley Piercey...what a debut. Kid looks strong as hell. Really impressive start to his Firebird career. I like Popovich, for the most part, he’s a pretty solid goalie but he’s had his struggles lately. 5 goals against and two posts again tonight. Beaten by unscreened wristers from the circle. Again. Can we at least show a LITTLE confidence in Cavallin? Seriously. I mean if you want to wreck a goalie who has played very good for you this year, do what you’re doing Wellwood. I can’t believe it’s not an open competition right now and I’m fairly confident Cav would be winning if it was. Speaking of teammate competitions......if that last OA spot comes down to Durham-Phibbs, Jack Phibbs has won almost every night for the last month. Kitchener just added Noel. Branch needs to make another move or he risks wasting all that he’s spent so far.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Lazary is such a whiner. watching his post game interview and he's blaming trade week and his goalie and his whole team having an off night. Gotta love Piercey getting first star in his first game.

Must be where Busdecker and Perfetti get it from.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
I’ve paid close attention to Tucker the last few Barrie-Flint games. I can assure you, he’ll almost always have better nights than tonight. Riley Piercey...what a debut. Kid looks strong as hell. Really impressive start to his Firebird career. I like Popovich, for the most part, he’s a pretty solid goalie but he’s had his struggles lately. 5 goals against and two posts again tonight. Beaten by unscreened wristers from the circle. Again. Can we at least show a LITTLE confidence in Cavallin? Seriously. I mean if you want to wreck a goalie who has played very good for you this year, do what you’re doing Wellwood. I can’t believe it’s not an open competition right now and I’m fairly confident Cav would be winning if it was. Speaking of teammate competitions......if that last OA spot comes down to Durham-Phibbs, Jack Phibbs has won almost every night for the last month. Kitchener just added Noel. Branch needs to make another move or he risks wasting all that he’s spent so far.

Is Cav still hurting? He hasn't played in awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad