Flint Firebirds 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DetSpitsFan

Nov 20, 2016
I read somewhere that it was suppose to be 5 but OHL changed it to one. Because it was a foam puck.

That’s quite ridiculous it’s anything. What’s the reasoning? Emotional distress from the fans that got scared when it came over the glass at them?

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
It was suppose to be 5 for the puck leaving the ice surface, then once OHL realized it was a foam puck the fan threw out there, they gave him 1. Probably purely on principle.

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
This team's 3rd period crumbles leave muffins everywhere jealous. I've never seen anything like it. They either choke it away blowing a play/playS or commit a stupid penalty. How many times have they been hanging right in there competing, sometimes outplaying a team only to just completely fall apart in the last 10-15 minutes? They also have to have set a record for allowing player's first career goals to be scored on them. That's gotta be like 6 or 7 kids who've got their first against the Birds this year. At least Vierling has been going lately. Pretty nice 1st. At this point, they just need to move Ty and Gordeev. Either start to build around Cavallin-Keppen-Gretz or start acquiring 02's. Or both.

Packman

Jun 19, 2018
Not many crack the squad at 18 yrs of age; the competition is tough. I'm sure he will be back next year!

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Good luck in Ottawa tonight and welcome to former Flint Generals and Detroit Red Wings playing their annual game in Flint tonight.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
((If)) Busby, Gretz, Roberts are healthy for the start of next season; the firebirds can turn it around as quickly as the wolves this season.

Reactions: LDN

N Da No

Jun 3, 2018
((If)) Busby, Gretz, Roberts are healthy for the start of next season; the firebirds can turn it around as quickly as the wolves this season.

Sudbury didn't have to deal with Nilsen, the OHL taking over management and doing nothing to improve the situation and the fact that players avoid wanting to play in Flint. Those three ingredients are not the recipe for turning it around quickly.

How many years is a rebuild? One, Two, Three, Five, Ten, Twenty, Infinity...3-29-2 and counting is NOT a rebuild.

Let's be fair here, I see NO progress with a record of 3-29-2. If this team were not the worst team in Canadian Junior Hockey, then maybe that would not be the case, but 3-29-2 is reality and not FAKE news.

FirebirdsFan21

Nov 25, 2017
Sudbury didn't have to deal with Nilsen, the OHL taking over management and doing nothing to improve the situation and the fact that players avoid wanting to play in Flint. Those three ingredients are not the recipe for turning it around quickly.

How many years is a rebuild? One, Two, Three, Five, Ten, Twenty, Infinity...3-29-2 and counting is NOT a rebuild.

Let's be fair here, I see NO progress with a record of 3-29-2. If this team were not the worst team in Canadian Junior Hockey, then maybe that would not be the case, but 3-29-2 is reality and not FAKE news.

N Da No

All I see from your posts is total negativity. All these kids want out. They don't want to play in Flint. The record is bad, worst in the league. Management is a mess. You continue to say the same things all the time. It is getting old.

Is there any positivity that you can bring to these boards? Just wondering with all of your insider ability what grand positive news you can bring to the table.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

Seems a similar story to the wolves’ (every player drafted the previous four years was a bust, nepotism, low attendance, injuries, players wanting out/won’t report); except, more extra picks. Health permitting, the players are in place and coming of age. Some positive vibes/promise of future star from the first pick, improved play by the 2000 born simply because they will be 19 and the players that dominated them previously will be out of the league, and a couple of early season wins ...everything changes

N Da No

Jun 3, 2018
N Da No

All I see from your posts is total negativity. All these kids want out. They don't want to play in Flint. The record is bad, worst in the league. Management is a mess. You continue to say the same things all the time. It is getting old.

Is there any positivity that you can bring to these boards? Just wondering with all of your insider ability what grand positive news you can bring to the table.

The POSITIVE news is that this could very well be over with come the end of this season. What we are witnessing is the management of the WORST team record wise to ever skate on the ice in Flint. Do you not see or are afraid to admit that the good hockey fans of Flint are being taken advantage of?

Do you really want to know what is NEGATIVE and OLD...people who continue to defend what's going on with the state of hockey in Flint. There is a whole lot more going on that I or anybody else has NOT posted on this board. If you really knew that, you likewise would speak up and say so.

What are you waiting for FirebirdsFan21...to speak up once there is no more Firebirds or OHL hockey in Flint? Now that really would be not only after the fact, but also NEGATIVE as you so tout.

Packman

Jun 19, 2018
Actually one more win and Flint won't be the worst in history, because that would go to the Knights 95-96 season going 3-60-3!!

N Da No

Jun 3, 2018
Actually one more win and Flint won't be the worst in history, because that would go to the Knights 95-96 season going 3-60-3!!

Packman...I actually was referring to all of the teams from the various leagues that Flint has had a hockey franchise. Correct me if I am wrong, I believe the worst season record that a Flint hockey franchise has ever had was in 1985-1986 when the IHL Flint Spirits went 16-60-0-6.

Packman

Jun 19, 2018
With anything in life if you aren’t happy then make a change. If you aren’t happy as a fan, a player, management, owner or whoever you are behind the keyboard then pick a NEW team!!

N Da No

Jun 3, 2018
With anything in life if you aren’t happy then make a change. If you aren’t happy as a fan, a player, management, owner or whoever you are behind the keyboard then pick a NEW team!!

Who Knows...We may all make a change and have a NEW team to root for!

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
N Da No

Where is the positive or what is going on behind the scenes that you always mention. Is it the ECHL or bust? Or is there still a chance at new ownership and OHL hockey in Flint? You are the one, supposedly, with all the inside information.

Last edited:

count35

Nov 26, 2014
Soo
TcFlint is there a market for the OHL in Grand Traverse County? With 90,000 plus sounds like a good rink or an expansion to the present one might work? I LOVE the TC area, was just there this past Monday and would personally love road trips during the season there, plus would make a great natural rival with the Hounds!

Reactions: three dog night
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad