Flint Firebirds 2015 Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
When Vili Saarijarvi shows up, in Flint Firebirds.
Lake Placid preseason tourney is over, so what's next stop for Vili.

Is he going to Detroit Red Wings training camp, or does he come directly to Flint.
How i could follow Vili's regular season games in Flint.

I live southern Finland, and Finnish sport channels won't show CHL games in Finland.

I know he's going to the prospects camp...not sure on Red Wings training camp

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
We need all the help we can get, particualry from the scoring side of things. Sounding good for the two imports (Villi from Finland and Kanter from Czechoslovakia) would be a good start to go with Bitten, Moore, Johnstone and several others. In that second picture posted by FireBird71 you can see where the new media suite will be in the upper left of the picture next to the Blue Line Club, however, the scoreboard shown is stll the old one.

Last edited:
Just a little of what you can expect from Zach Grzelewski

Kid never takes a shift off and competes for all 200ft of ice. Good skater, good shot, also good on the puck pursuit portion of the game. He should fit in nicely into the Firebirds top 9, whereas in London I doubt he would have cracked their top 14 at forward. Very nice addition and I wish the kid well..I like his game.

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
Just a little of what you can expect from Zach Grzelewski

Kid never takes a shift off and competes for all 200ft of ice. Good skater, good shot, also good on the puck pursuit portion of the game. He should fit in nicely into the Firebirds top 9, whereas in London I doubt he would have cracked their top 14 at forward. Very nice addition and I wish the kid well..I like his game.

Those types of players are always fun to watch develop. Tom Wilson was this type of player, and it was great watching him grow from an awkward youngster into an eventual first round NHL draft pick. Keep an eye on this guy, Flint fans.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Question here Flint fans, is Sonny Milano expected to be back with you guys or is he AHL eligible??

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015

the dog

May 16, 2014
opening game 35 single seats left...but don't see any standing room? do they sell the later?

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
Any news/rumors on your first round pick? We went through the same thing 2 years ago. I can imagine its weighing on you as fans. Looking forward to seeing the Firebirds up in OS this season.

When is the window close before you lose the comp first round pick again??

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
The Firebirds have signed up with 1330 WTRX and it's four sister stations to broadcast all 68 games, the playoffs, and a weekly coaches show on Tuesday nights in the Flint and Genesee County area. This is another feather in the cap of Costa Papista and Firebirds management. Looking forward to hearing Dominic on Firebird broadcasts.

Rubbers29

Jan 9, 2012
Any news/rumors on your first round pick? We went through the same thing 2 years ago. I can imagine its weighing on you as fans. Looking forward to seeing the Firebirds up in OS this season.

When is the window close before you lose the comp first round pick again??

I believe they have to wait until he doesn't show for camp to declare him defected and then they have a week or two to trade him, OS didn't trade Mete's rights last year until Sept 8th even though they knew he wasn't going to be there for most of the summer. Niagara 's camp opened Aug 26th last year and Logan Brown was traded to Windsor that afternoon after not showing up to camp in the morning. I would imagine that is the hold up on that deal as of now

Last edited:

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
McLeod should've came to Flint to check things out..Matyas Kantner said he can't wait to get here..told me he should be here in 10-11 days. Took my oldest up to the rink yesterday to get some stuff since he lves over near Muskegon. Can't wait for season to start

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
McLeod should've came to Flint to check things out..Matyas Kantner said he can't wait to get here..told me he should be here in 10-11 days. Took my oldest up to the rink yesterday to get some stuff since he lves over near Muskegon. Can't wait for season to start

My guess is you'll be much better off without him.
At a minimum you end up with a 1st round compensation pick next season (#5)
plus 3 2nd round picks and probably a 3rd. Players are not allowed to come as part of the compensation But nudge,wink you'll most likely find a couple arriving in a separate deal.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
how many standing room tickets are there?

Previous arena owners/teams sold 400 standing room tickets. I suspect Nilsen/Papista and company will do the same, making the Dort Federal Event Center one of the smaller in the OHL at a total capacity (including standing room) at 4,400. Who is smaller in the "O"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad