Flint Firebirds 2015 Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnotherDimwit

Sep 13, 2007
Grand Blanc, MI
They did add a photoshopped video board into the reno gallery that I hadn't seen before.

Going to be weird not seeing the old school scoreboard that's been in there as long as I can remember, but it should be pretty awesome.

Hopefully they can work a good spot for SOG and Penalty Minutes on the board though.

image_1437312191.jpg

NTDP

Dec 20, 2010
Cleveland, OH
They will, I think the picture was more just to show you the outline of the shape and design. Also, the HD picture that it looks like their trying to present.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
And how about William Bitten. Scored the GWG shorthanded in OT at a Team Canada U18 Red White game.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
The Flint Firebirds today announced a sponsorship agreement with Perani's Hockey World (One of the largest hockey equipment suppliers in North America and headquartered in Flint with 24 locations in North America). Bob Perani was Flint's original hockey star, drafted by the Toronto Maple Leafs but played in Flint in the IHL beginning in 1969 for several seasons. Born in Rome, Italy but living most of his life near Toronto, he attended St. Lawerence University and played for the OHL Sr. Toronto Marlboros and Barrie Flyers in his early years and the AHL Springfield Kings before finding a home in Flint, MI He initially opened up fantastic Perani's Pizzeria's around town near the end of his career. His Perani Hockey World signed a 5 year agreeement to be the presenting sponsor for Flint Firebirds OHL Hockey and will be important in marketing and entertainment initiatives by Firebirds ownership. A memorial is being built to Bob Perani in our Dort Federal Event Center lobby is recognition of his life and really being one of the founding fathers of major hockey in Flint, MI. The Flint Journal article is below. Hope it posted ok.

http://www.mlive.com/sports/flint/i...is_hockey_world_signs_5-y_1.html#incart_river

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
The Flint Firebirds today announced a sponsorship agreement with Perani's Hockey World (One of the largest hockey equipment suppliers in North America and headquartered in Flint with 24 locations in North America). Bob Perani was Flint's original hockey star, drafted by the Toronto Maple Leafs but played in Flint in the IHL beginning in 1969 for several seasons. Born in Rome, Italy but living most of his life near Toronto, he attended St. Lawerence University and played for the OHL Sr. Toronto Marlboros and Barrie Flyers in his early years and the AHL Springfield Kings before finding a home in Flint, MI He initially opened up fantastic Perani's Pizzeria's around town near the end of his career. His Perani Hockey World signed a 5 year agreeement to be the presenting sponsor for Flint Firebirds OHL Hockey and will be important in marketing and entertainment initiatives by Firebirds ownership. A memorial is being built to Bob Perani in our Dort Federal Event Center lobby is recognition of his life and really being one of the founding fathers of major hockey in Flint, MI. The Flint Journal article is below. Hope it posted ok.

http://www.mlive.com/sports/flint/i...is_hockey_world_signs_5-y_1.html#incart_river

In Addition, the Firebirds website announced many other corporate sponsors of our new hockey team in Flint, MI:

Corporate Partners

Along with Perani’s Hockey World, the Flint Firebirds Hockey Club has formed exciting corporate partnerships with highly respected companies in Flint and Genesee County. The team is proud to announce their first round of corporate sponsors which include: Dort Federal Credit Union, Patsy Lou Buick, Chevrolet & GMC, Diplomat Pharmacy, Genesys Health Systems, McLaren Hospital, Brown & Brown Insurance, Little Caesars, MMR Ambulance, Fabiano Brothers, JP O’Sullivan Distributing, Ortho Michigan, Starlite Diner, Great Clips, Landall Packaging, Bill Carr Signs, Blue Lakes Charters, Red Wood Lodge, Da Edoardo North and many others.

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
I'm sure the Firebirds drafted McLeod with me mindset that if he shows..awesome..if he doesn't They'll ask for the Steelheads first plus a bunch of other picks plus take the comp pick. As far as not reporting, time to put the big boy pants on and show up. The team is attending Grand Blanc High School which is just st ad good if not better than Plymouth schools. When they're a is finished it will be just as good as most of the rinks on the league. Seamless glass and LED scoreboard with screens on all sides..plus more cameras than required. This is the kind of ownership that Flint fans have wanted for decades

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
I'm sure the Firebirds drafted McLeod with me mindset that if he shows..awesome..if he doesn't They'll ask for the Steelheads first plus a bunch of other picks plus take the comp pick. As far as not reporting, time to put the big boy pants on and show up. The team is attending Grand Blanc High School which is just st ad good if not better than Plymouth schools. When they're a is finished it will be just as good as most of the rinks on the league. Seamless glass and LED scoreboard with screens on all sides..plus more cameras than required. This is the kind of ownership that Flint fans have wanted for decades

Teams are forbidden from trading first round picks (the actual draft choice) so when flint trades McLeod it will likely be for the standard package of 3 2nd round draft picks and a 3rd round pick.

That's nice to hear about the arena upgrades!

joe66

Jan 14, 2010
Toronto
Teams are forbidden from trading first round picks (the actual draft choice) so when flint trades McLeod it will likely be for the standard package of 3 2nd round draft picks and a 3rd round pick.

That's nice to hear about the arena upgrades!

Too add to your point, Flint will also get a complimentary pick in the 1st round. If I'm not mistaken the pick will be in the same vicinty.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
In fact the 2 teams from last year that went through this (Niagara and Owen Sound) received 6 draft picks plus the comp pick.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Picked up Opening Night tickets when they went on sale at 10 this morning. Pretty excited.

Their twitter account said they were lining up at 4:30am this morning for tickets. Opening night may already be soldout (you better call today to see). Not sure about standing room though. 3,960 seats at the Dort Federal Event Center and just under 500 standing room tickets I believe.

Last edited:

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Went online 10 minutes ago to get my tickets and there were about 300 tickets left for that opening game. It's gonna be a standing room only game at this pace.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Went online 10 minutes ago to get my tickets and there were about 300 tickets left for that opening game. It's gonna be a standing room only game at this pace.

Pretty good with tickets having only gone on sale 7 hours ago. I hope Flint fans remember there are 33 other home games that are not on opening night. Like Kingpin794, I am sure there will be a few hundred Sagnaw fans in the stands as well.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
is the arena renov going to be ready for opening night?

That is the plan The Dog. They better be ready with a complete sellout, including standing room of about 4,500 which will include plenty of Saginaw fans. Only 1 of the first 6 games are at home, in order to get the kinks worked-out (if there are any) and I am sure there will be.

AnotherDimwit

Sep 13, 2007
Grand Blanc, MI
Their twitter account said they were lining up at 4:30am this morning for tickets. Opening night may already be soldout (you better call today to see). Not sure about standing room though. 3,960 seats at the Dort Federal Event Center and just under 500 standing room tickets I believe.

I had already purchased them when I posted. I was on Ticketmaster right as they went on sale. I'm curious if the pre-sold to anyone that drove up to the arena, there was plenty of choice when I got them right at 10.

OttawaHockeyFan

Jan 8, 2014
And how about William Bitten. Scored the GWG shorthanded in OT at a Team Canada U18 Red White game.

Update: he made the team Canada squad and according to twitter, Bitten outperformed many players picked ahead of him in last years draft...

I think he is going to have a great year in Flint. He's an exciting player that can change a game with his speed. Still can't believe the 67's didn't take him.

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
Pretty good with tickets having only gone on sale 7 hours ago. I hope Flint fans remember there are 33 other home games that are not on opening night. Like Kingpin794, I am sure there will be a few hundred Saginaw fans in the stands as well.

Hopefully that will be the case, as it can be quite frustrating to the dedicated fan to see a big crowd for just one game. Plymouth's final home game last season was completely sold out - including standing room. Many of us season ticket holders were asking each other "where have all these people been the past few years?".

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
When Vili Saarijarvi shows up, in Flint Firebirds.
Lake Placid preseason tourney is over, so what's next stop for Vili.

Is he going to Detroit Red Wings training camp, or does he come directly to Flint.
How i could follow Vili's regular season games in Flint.

I live southern Finland, and Finnish sport channels won't show CHL games in Finland.

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
Villi and the Wings want him here in Flint..Kanter said its 99% he plays in Flint this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad