Post-Game Talk: Flightless birds vs Eagles rematch @7 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Yep for match ups I would probably want the Caps to play them first, then Isles and the Bruins last.

Yeah something bugs me about the Bruins this year. The Hall acquisition actually revived Krejci, and that's the biggest upgrade in our division (except if the Pens get Malkin back in time).

Reactions: crab

crab

Jan 26, 2019
Sprong has the most TOI of all the forwards with 12 minutes. Last game he had only 10 total. Guess he just needed to throw more hits.

He has looked solid tonight all around. Moving his feet, playing hard on the walls.

Reactions: troyerlaw

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
I’d give us the edge in a series but our goaltending is suspect
To my eye, we’re the ones who have 1st-rnd exit written all over us. Leaky goaltending, regular disappearing acts by Kuz, Eller, willy, backstrom. Guys like that should be stepping up in Ovie’s absence, esp against a hared rival. Such an utterly uninspiring performance so far. Only forwards with jump are the two ex-Pens for christsake — Sorong and sheary.
Pens are schooling us and barely breaking a sweat doing so. I’d give them decided edge in a series. They’ve been lights-out these last 20 or so games, with scoring coming from all through their line-up.
Time to show some pride this next period. At least go down battling. Wayyy too easy for the visitors so far

crab

Jan 26, 2019
Yeah something bugs me about the Bruins this year. The Hall acquisition actually revived Krejci, and that's the biggest upgrade in our division (except if the Pens get Malkin back in time).

I think Malkin might cause issues for the Penguins. He has been awful the last two years in the playoffs and he demands the puck from his line mates which causes issues for them if he isn’t on. Obviously very high reward player but if he isn’t playing well he will take his whole line down.

Reactions: Alexander the Gr8

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
Yeah the first Rust goal is fine, quick release snap shot right over the pad from 15 ft away. The second one though, Rust took Sammy's jock strap cleanly, he got him flopping on the ice like a fish.
Which was just bad technique because Orlov was on Rust’s left shoulder so it was obvious rust would go to the right and not back into Orlov.

Reactions: Alexander the Gr8

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
To my eye, we’re the ones who have 1st-rnd exit written all over us. Leaky goaltending, regular disappearing acts by Kuz, Eller, willy, backstrom. Guys like that should be stepping up in Ovie’s absence, esp against a hared rival. Such an utterly uninspiring performance so far. Only forwards with jump are the two ex-Pens for christsake — Sorong and sheary.
Pens are schooling us and barely breaking a sweat doing so. I’d give them decided edge in a series. They’ve been lights-out these last 20 or so games, with scoring coming from all through their line-up.
Time to show some pride this next period. At least go down battling. Wayyy too easy for the visitors so far

Well said. Hopefully the players are getting told exactly that right now.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I think Malkin might cause issues for the Penguins. He has been awful the last two years in the playoffs and he demands the puck which from his line mates which causes issues for them if he isn’t on. Obviously very high reward player but if he isn’t playing well he will take his whole line down.

High risk high reward player. He either brings down his line's chemistry as you said, or he goes beast mode and he's unstoppable. The Bruins though, Krejci being good again is definitely not something I was expecting. They're getting some key players back at the right time as well, I wouldn't want to face them in round 1.

I'd pick the Isles first for sure at this point in time.

Reactions: crab

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I am pretty sure Malkin is very close to returning. I think there was mention of it on ESPN website.

I heard that too but he's been out since March, I'm sure it will be gradual and they will ease him in at first. He still doesn't worry me as much as Krejci + Hall. The Bruins are a pain even with 1 solid line, giving them 2 solid lines makes it super hard to deal with matchups.

Reactions: AussieCapsFan

crab

Jan 26, 2019
This is why putting away the whistles is stupid. Crosby’s pitchfork on Raffl was blatant and not called. Then you have an over the glass automatic call.

Reactions: RandyHolt
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad