Post-Game Talk: Flightless birds vs Eagles rematch @7 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLegendOfPatPeake

Jun 12, 2020
Washington D.C.
So that’s what good goaltending looks like...

tenor.gif

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
Win or lose, I like the way the Caps match up against the Pens in the playoffs. Same with NYI. Boston is scary with those top 2 lines but the Caps seem to play pretty well against them too. At the end of the day, if the Caps play the way they can, and receive even average goaltending, they’re gonna be extremely tough to beat.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Nobody is asking our goalies to post a shutout every game. Just make a timely save now and then. Instead of getting scored on both breakaways save one.

Or even the deflection. Jarry makes that save tonight. A lot of goaltenders do. Why? Positioning and anticipation. Why wouldn't you be covering the net low and center when the puck is being sent in front like that? Yes it was a deflection but it came from where you should be covering anyway.

I just don't see a lot of focus and attention to detail in net.

Reactions: Neil Racki

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
It felt like the pens didn’t do much of anything that period and they got two goals out of it?

kind of annoying. Pens about to beat us 6-2 this year but it didn’t really feel like they’ve dominated us. Jarry looks pretty good though

crab

Jan 26, 2019
I agree with this, they're beatable in a 7 game series of course. Our main weakness is goaltending, their main weakness is defense. We'll see which one buckles first in the playoffs

Yep for match ups I would probably want the Caps to play them first, then Isles and the Bruins last.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
It felt like the pens didn’t do much of anything that period and they got two goals out of it?

kind of annoying. Pens about to beat us 6-2 this year but it didn’t really feel like they’ve dominated us. Jarry looks pretty good though
Exactly. That’s what is so frustrating. The team has been playing really good hockey the last 10-15 games. Way fewer neutral zone turnovers, crisper passing, more puck possession. We just need consistently average goaltending and we can’t get it.

Reactions: crab

Baszie

Apr 29, 2021
Sprong has the most TOI of all the forwards with 12 minutes. Last game he had only 10 total. Guess he just needed to throw more hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->