Confirmed with Link: Flash to the Ducks for 2015 3rd & Heatley

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Honestly the only reason why I'm upset about moving picks is because it's our draft in Florida.

If anyone wants to know what a "blueprint" is like... now is the time to ditch picks. We have a full team of young young players, and more waiting at the doors. That should last us a couple of years before we need to replenish it.

Exactly wrong.. need to replenish every year... it's cause those picks rarely turn out Is why u need to get them... in 5 years when we r saints the cap cause our young guys r making 7 mil we need In house talent and the odds r better with more picks ...u can't afford to just skip a year cause we have lots... that's how u become lost in mediocrity

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
Exactly wrong.. need to replenish every year... it's cause those picks rarely turn out Is why u need to get them... in 5 years when we r saints the cap cause our young guys r making 7 mil we need In house talent and the odds r better with more picks ...u can't afford to just skip a year cause we have lots... that's how u become lost in mediocrity

Nobody said "don't draft" but teams move picks all the time. Yes, in 5 years when your players are really good and making lots and lots of money, you trade them FOR PICKS. And you promote your minor leaguers.

But right now we just did that. We just did that and we have an attractive team for free agents. Now is the time you add to your team. Now is the time when teams like the Chicago Blackhawks pick up their Marian Hossa, so to say. Do you not think that teams like the Blackhawks or the Kings ever traded their picks? There's a cycle that occurs. Trade your picks when you have surplus at the minor league level, acquire picks when you have surplus at the NHL level. Right now we have a surplus at the minor league level.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL

I think you missed what he was saying. He didn't mean trade all the picks, he meant that the team is at the stage of the rebuild where they can afford to move picks/assets for proven pieces. Drafting is still really important. No team should ever stop adding talent to the system.

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
I don't understand, why are we selling off players who contribute?
Has to be another move coming I reckon.

Flash was a UFA at the end of the year and his tenure here wasn't good. He woke up a bit lately. Probably because he was playing for a job.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
wait, so are people actually upset that we gave up a 2nd and a 3rd for jagr? essentially bergenheim and a 2nd. i think we have enough freaking prospects where we can trade not even a 1st rounder for someone who helps us push for the playoffs, which would be huge for the team and fan base. create excitement for the team/fanbase. and be a great guy to have around the young guys and team in general. yea, because having a guy such as shore or petrovic is so imperative (past 2nd rounders), guys who take a couple years to even make an appearance, and most likely not even be a full-time player or make a big impact. we have plenty of prospects, its nice to see management actually try and trade some here and there to help improve the team, even if its not long term. we have so many prospects we don't even have room for them. trocheck isnt a full timer even tho he should be and shore got swapped for nothing. plus, you can sign/trade for depth prospects for free/next to nothing. look at kampfer.

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
I wasn't happy with this trade. It did not make us better.

I think it only makes sense if DT is making room for another acquisition.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
I wasn't happy with this trade. It did not make us better.

I think it only makes sense if DT is making room for another acquisition.

why not? we were expected to trade flash for a pick, and it wasnt meant to "make us better".

if anything it did make room for an acquisition. jagr.

was just looking to get a pick for some deadweight. we have huberdeau, pirri, and jussi on the lw. jagr, boyes, and hayes on the rw. at best he would've played on the 4th and it makes more sense to play more physical gritty players like upshall and thornton on the 4th. there was no point in having him, better to get a 3rd while we can. no one was going to give anything of value for a subpar vet winger that is a 3rd liner at best on most teams and an upcoming ufa. a 3rd is perfectly fine and was expected, hoping for a 2nd was a long shot.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
I think you missed what he was saying. He didn't mean trade all the picks, he meant that the team is at the stage of the rebuild where they can afford to move picks/assets for proven pieces. Drafting is still really important. No team should ever stop adding talent to the system.

I am fine with moving out the picks for jagr... I was ore talking that it's still important to get the picks back for flash and Bergy and recoup some value on them...

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
why not? we were expected to trade flash for a pick, and it wasnt meant to "make us better".

if anything it did make room for an acquisition. jagr.

was just looking to get a pick for some deadweight. we have huberdeau, pirri, and jussi on the lw. jagr, boyes, and hayes on the rw. at best he would've played on the 4th and it makes more sense to play more physical gritty players like upshall and thornton on the 4th. there was no point in having him, better to get a 3rd while we can. no one was going to give anything of value for a subpar vet winger that is a 3rd liner at best on most teams and an upcoming ufa. a 3rd is perfectly fine and was expected, hoping for a 2nd was a long shot.

It's not te return that bugs me. I just didn't view Flash as dead weight at all and didn't see the need to move him unless we're "sellers" or making room for another trade.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
I like Flash and praise his efforts while he was here even if his point total didn't stay even close to consistent after the 11-12 season. Kudos go out to him for staying positive after his health problems throughout his career and being scratched often this season.

If we were going to re-sign him, I'd imagine that it would be a huge drop in salary and in the long-run. He'd have a tough time making the lineup with the prospects coming up from San Antonio in the next few seasons.

We got the 3rd rounder back that we gave up in the Jagr trade and Heatley to me was just a throw in and maybe mentor the kids on the Rampage. I hope he never plays as a Panther and it would likely only come to that if we had a bad case of injuries.

I wish Flash tons of luck in Anaheim and will be rooting for the guy as he's on a strong contender. I think Tallon just didn't see him fit in Florida for the future. This also opens up a spot for Trocheck full-time with the big club.

Bure1022*

I wonder how Tallon is going to justify them making no more moves to help this offense get younger and more skilled. We'll see.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
I wonder how Tallon is going to justify them making no more moves to help this offense get younger and more skilled. We'll see.

ha-ha.gif

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
It's not te return that bugs me. I just didn't view Flash as dead weight at all and didn't see the need to move him unless we're "sellers" or making room for another trade.

well with the current lineup he wasnt going to be in the top-9 with pirri coming back and getting jagr. so would you rather have had him play on the 4th (which having gritty physical guys like upshall and thornton are better), just scratch him as a depth option and potentially just lose him for nothing (because we definitely weren't going to resign him. we also have kopecky still as a depth option, not to mention all the kids in sa which will include trocheck once bolland comes back), or get a pick out of it?

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Hey, Ducks fan coming in peace. I hope you guys will make the playoffs, always has had a sweet spot for you guys. I think Jagr move was big part to get some veteran/legend leadership for your young guys - it can go a long way.

Anyway, i came here to ask on your report on Flash. You have seen him way more than i have - what can you say about him?

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
Hey, Ducks fan coming in peace. I hope you guys will make the playoffs, always has had a sweet spot for you guys. I think Jagr move was big part to get some veteran/legend leadership for your young guys - it can go a long way.

Anyway, i came here to ask on your report on Flash. You have seen him way more than i have - what can you say about him?

He's been snakebitten like no other the last two years or so, but started to regain some confidence and was putting up points towards the end of his tenure. He's pretty good defensively, more of a two-way player now than an offense-first guy. If you give him some good linemates he'll be fine.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Does somebody have understanding what Panthers are trying to achieve? I think heater is not usefull player anymorer. Heater was good, but really, why would they trade for him? It's gamble that is very likely to fail at best.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
Does somebody have understanding what Panthers are trying to achieve? I think heater is not usefull player anymorer. Heater was good, but really, why would they trade for him? It's gamble that is very likely to fail at best.

He was included to make salaries work. Otherwise they would have had to retain some on Flash.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
I knew Heatley was bad.. but.. 2 goals in 24 games in AHL.. that's bad

Heatley will not see any time in Florida. It's just a financial balancing move

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad