Confirmed with Link: Flash to the Ducks for 2015 3rd & Heatley

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
Flash is better than those guys on the 4th line and more capable of stepping up a line in case any of our guys get injured as is the case with Bolland right now. So yeah, still no point to the deal. Thornton, especially, it would be great if he wasn't playing every night at this point in his career. He should only play against teams that might want to goon it up. Otherwise, he provides a whole lot of nothing out there.

so flash i better than trocheck at 3C? no. we have grimaldi/trocheck/howden if there was to be a injury in the top 9. flash is not that big of a loss at all, no.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
But he traded two picks for a 43-year-old so it seems like he's not strictly following your patient plan.

r u reading My posts? This move is probably more for the kids than anything... jagr has forgotten more about hockey then anyone on our team will ever know... I would say it's an investment in our kids.. that's how I view it... they need to find a way to get the pp going and the kids will learn a ton from jagr... why it's that so hard to understamd?

Erick*

u think he went to Philly to tutor young guys? Players don't go anywhere to tutor... but young guys watch and learn.. if they do something on the PP he can correct them when they get back on the bench... they can learn alot from him... that's the value in getting jagr and I a consistent with not sacrificing the future.. that's probably the value tallon saw too which is great for the future..

Which young guys learned from him in Philly that they got so much better because of him? Giroux was already a stud before he got there so please don't say him.

Come on, man, stop sipping the damn kool-aid all the time. Tallon got Jagr with the intention of making the playoffs this year. Now he traded Flash because he still thinks he can make the playoffs and doesn't necessarily think he needs Flash to be a part of it. But the reality is he traded Flash for assets that can't help this team this year.

Tallon thinks this team can make the playoffs. The goal is always playoffs. You're allowed to disagree with some of his moves though. These last two swaps are inconsistent unless if it leads to something else before Monday. Just be objective for a change, that's all.

Erick*

r u reading My posts? This move is probably more for the kids than anything... jagr has forgotten more about hockey then anyone on our team will ever know... I would say it's an investment in our kids.. that's how I view it... they need to find a way to get the pp going and the kids will learn a ton from jagr... why it's that so hard to understamd?

Who did Jagr make better in Philly? Giroux was already a stud. Studs are gonna be studs. You can't turn chicken **** into chicken salad. This isn't about the kids. It's about getting a player who can help us make the playoffs this year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
I don't think many people realize this but Jagr replaced Fleischmann. There's no room for Fleischmann in that top-4 winger role. It was either Flash or Boyes out the door in order to make room for Jagr in a top spot. Be glad it was Flash, Boyes has value.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Which young guys learned from him in Philly that they got so much better because of him? Giroux was already a stud before he got there so please don't say him.

Come on, man, stop sipping the damn kool-aid all the time. Tallon got Jagr with the intention of making the playoffs this year. Now he traded Flash because he still thinks he can make the playoffs and doesn't necessarily think he needs Flash to be a part of it. But the reality is he traded Flash for assets that can't help this team this year.

Tallon thinks this team can make the playoffs. The goal is always playoffs. You're allowed to disagree with some of his moves though. These last two swaps are inconsistent unless if it leads to something else before Monday. Just be objective for a change, that's all.

Go ask Philly fan If voracek learned anything from jagr... or why after jagr was there he suddenly turned a corner offensively... he's always had great tools but why when jagr got there? Think he might of learned a thing or 6 from jagr

Erick*

so flash i better than trocheck at 3C? no. we have grimaldi/trocheck/howden if there was to be a injury in the top 9. flash is not that big of a loss at all, no.

Howden, the winger, is not NHL ready. Please don't mention him. Isn't he hurt anyway? Either way, his time in the AHL has been underwhelming. When he's come up to the NHL, he's been terrible defensively. He should not be mentioned at all.

Grimaldi is the only one there who could be a difference maker if they give him the chance. Trocheck was going to play anyway.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Who did Jagr make better in Philly? Giroux was already a stud. Studs are gonna be studs. You can't turn chicken **** into chicken salad. This isn't about the kids. It's about getting a player who can help us make the playoffs this year.

No I understand when u draft a player normal developemnt is 2 or 3 years to make nhl... them another 2 or 3 years to make an Impact ant nhl level...that's 6 years after u draft a player that he makes an actual impact... obviously elite players do Impact pact faster aND some take longer but that's a pretty average time frame..if u don't understand that it isn't my problem.

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
Howden, the winger, is not NHL ready. Please don't mention him. Isn't he hurt anyway? Either way, his time in the AHL has been underwhelming. When he's come up to the NHL, he's been terrible defensively. He should not be mentioned at all.

Grimaldi is the only one there who could be a difference maker if they give him the chance. Trocheck was going to play anyway.

but howden could been called up if we loose 2 others in the top 9 which would be very unlikely. we have other options also.

lol, you wrote ".. in case any of our guys get injured as is the case with Bolland right now". trocheck did and does a good ****ing job, which is why i included him. flash is not that important right now. get over it.

Erick*

Ok, so help us naysayers out.

Tallon acquired Jagr because, in 20 games here, Jagr is going to turn Barkov (or Bjugstad), whoever he plays with, into PPG players? That's the thought process now? It had nothing to do with making the playoffs? :help:

Why not acquire someone who could stay here past 20 games? Do you think Jagr is going to be happy here if this team falls out of contention? No, probably not. It was part of the reason why he was unhappy in NJ.

Tallon made a buyer's move and then he made a seller's move. There's really no need to spin this.

If we're giving Jagr credit for improving Voracek's game (which could just be an assumption since Voracek was just 21 at the time and probably could've just improved as a result of playing with Claude Giroux), also consider that Jagr had more time to do it in Philadelphia.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Ok, so help us naysayers out.

Tallon acquired Jagr because, in 20 games here, Jagr is going to turn Barkov (or Bjugstad), whoever he plays with, into PPG players? That's the thought process now? It had nothing to do with making the playoffs? :help:

Why not acquire someone who could stay here past 20 games? Do you think Jagr is going to be happy here if this team falls out of contention? No, probably not. It was part of the reason why he was unhappy in NJ.

Tallon made a buyer's move and then he made a seller's move. There's really no need to spin this.

If we're giving Jagr credit for improving Voracek's game (which could just be an assumption since Voracek was just 21 at the time and probably could've just improved as a result of playing with Claude Giroux), also consider that Jagr had more time to do it in Philadelphia.

He doesn't have to turn them Into ppg... u really don't think he can teach the kids some things on the PP which Is our biggest weakneess?

Erick*

He doesn't have to turn them Into ppg... u really don't think he can teach the kids some things on the PP which Is our biggest weakneess?

I don't know. Maybe, maybe not. Maybe he'll lead us to the playoffs, maybe he'll be traded again by Monday. If this team is 6 points out with Boston having a game in hand by Monday, I doubt Jagr will be happy to be here. He'll probably be traded for more picks who will lead us to glory in year 20 of the rebuild. :sarcasm:

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
1. move one trade Bergy
2. get Jagr
3 move Flash for Heatley
4 . pending

I love flash. always have. But give Dale a chance to finish his moves. if it ends at move 3, then yes, get mad, get angry
But move 4 might be where it's at fellas. wait two days.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
This doesn't seem like a great trade for you guys. Maybe future considerations?? This will be a very high 3rd rounder, and had to take a bad contract for a guy that would have helped your club. The trade to a contender, and knowing he has a tough lineup to crack should have him playing his best.

He was gonna go as a UFA so a 3rd is better than nothing. Heatley is just added for vet leadership.

Heaters won't be playing. He's toast.

...or at least I'd be shocked if he did, and even further shocked if he didn't suck.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
I don't know. Maybe, maybe not. Maybe he'll lead us to the playoffs, maybe he'll be traded again by Monday. If this team is 6 points out with Boston having a game in hand by Monday, I doubt Jagr will be happy to be here. He'll probably be traded for more picks who will lead us to glory in year 20 of the rebuild. :sarcasm:

Go ask any othrr GM if they value draft picks... it's the salary cap world pal they r more valuable now then ever before...

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
Honestly the only reason why I'm upset about moving picks is because it's our draft in Florida.

If anyone wants to know what a "blueprint" is like... now is the time to ditch picks. We have a full team of young young players, and more waiting at the doors. That should last us a couple of years before we need to replenish it.

Erick*

Go ask any othrr GM if they value draft picks... it's the salary cap world pal they r more valuable now then ever before...

Yes, picks are valuable. They're more valuable to some franchises. They're not as valuable to us anymore because Tallon has spent the last 5 years stockpiling picks to get the players he's gotten. We have a bunch of young players. This pick won't do anything for us unless it's traded for another NHL player. Hopefully it will be.

And if the point is to get picks, Tallon traded better picks to get Jagr.

Oh wait, nevermind. I almost forgot that all of our young players are going to Voracek now. Vendetta logic is so consistent. Sometimes, I think you're Dale Tallon.

Erick*

Honestly the only reason why I'm upset about moving picks is because it's our draft in Florida.

If anyone wants to know what a "blueprint" is like... now is the time to ditch picks. We have a full team of young young players, and more waiting at the doors. That should last us a couple of years before we need to replenish it.

Yes, exactly my point. I'm glad someone else sees it too. This is the time to trade picks for NHL players, not trade NHL players to get picks.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $400.00