Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
SNOG announcement

The SNOG streak continues!

3-1 Los Tibs

Lindholm
Meier
, Ferraro, Marleau(EN)

Pretty strong SNOG too with 2 of 4 goalscorers. Congrats @ThePlanet on your first SNOG of the season!

SNOG 2019-10-13 ThePlanet.jpg

#Date / Opponent
SNOG Winner(s)
Result
1Oct. 2 at Golden KnightsnoneVGK 4-1
2Oct. 4 vs Golden KnightsnoneVGK 5-1
3Oct. 5 at Ducksthemelkman, LeeIFBBDucks 3-1
4Oct. 8 at PredatorsseroesPredators 5-2
5Oct. 10 at BlackhawksthemelkmanSharks 5-4
6Oct. 13 vs FlamesThePlanetSharks 3-1
[THEAD] [/THEAD]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Rank
2019-20 SNOG standings
# of SNOGs
1.themelkman2
T-2.LeeIFBB, seroes, ThePlanet1
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Ferraro just straight up skipped the unproven player stage of his treatment. That’s how good he has been.

Really nice to see. With the defense more or less locked down, Ferraro came to camp and beat out a ton of players for Simek's spot, and when opportunities arose with other players going down he's just cemented his spot.

I love seeing a player force his coach's hand.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
Would be hard to justify benching him with the way hes played. Especially whith Heed in the lineup. Cant run 4 Dmen all of the 3rd lol

true, He does have more experience though and Pete loves leaning on vets late with the lead. I mean what was Jumbo doing out there in the last minute?
Also, I’m happy with how the team is performing on the pk and they were night and day better with team defense. It’s pretty clear that Melker and Goodrow are fourth line players though. We have to get at least one of them bumped down a line because Goodrow-Jumbo-Melker is not going to cut it for the season.

Iron Mosher

Sep 29, 2017
Great game. That Lebanc goal was sweet. So how come Jones isn't wearing that helmet I saw on the main forums for new goal tending equipment?

Reactions: Sandisfan

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
I really like Hannan as an analyst. He’s confident and good on camera.

Also, we can pass and shoot and play defense again!! Heed looked really good today, thank God, and Burns and EK65 are still finding their game. Yurtaykin is a better option than Radil - I’d like him back plz.

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
Couture on TV postgame interview:

- [what'd you like about the win tonight?] I thought special teams was pretty good, our kill did a great job at the end, and Joner played excellent for us
- [on his assists on Meier and Hertl goals] it's nice, we're gonna need to score to win some games this year, it's something we haven't been doing to start the year, so it's nice to get a couple
- [on Chicago game] I like the 3rd period, we defended hard, harder than we have all year, turned into tonight, obviously gave up a few too many breakaways, other than that I thought we were solid

Hertl on radio postgame interview:

- [on playing with the lead] it was tough the last couple games we always hunting from [behind?] but today we start with the lead you know it's always better because, when you leading it's actually more stuff to open so you get more scoring chances you know and but it's everything thanks to the Joner because he was amazing you know he make a couple huge save and keep us in play, and just you know good 60 minute play we still can do a little bit better but huge win for us tonight
- [on his goal] yeah you know it was like first time me and Cooch again you know we scored couple last year and he just great stick and he was skating, he saw the guy, he was like behind him and he just make a great play and I was just happy to finally get in because I got a couple of good chances last couple of games but so happy we scored because it was big one too, it was end of second and help us to the win
- [I kinda ran out of recording buffer for the 3rd question's response b/c I hadn't changed settings on app on new phone]

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Carolina will be playing back-to-backs (Kings, Sharks) in California vs the Sharks with a couple of days off/practice.

LA Shark

Hello Darkness My Old Freind
Feb 18, 2017
Southern California
true, He does have more experience though and Pete loves leaning on vets late with the lead. I mean what was Jumbo doing out there in the last minute?
Also, I’m happy with how the team is performing on the pk and they were night and day better with team defense. It’s pretty clear that Melker and Goodrow are fourth line players though. We have to get at least one of them bumped down a line because Goodrow-Jumbo-Melker is not going to cut it for the season.
Agreed on all accounts. One of the 2 will be bumped down when Sorenson returns. I'd still really like to get another top 6 option and let Patty play easier mins on the 3rd line. Also Thought Gambrell looked alot better tonight. I could see our lineup down the stretch looking something like this

Meier-Couture-TDL acquisition
Kane-Hertl-Labanc
Sorenson-Jumbo-Patty
Melker-Gambrell-Goodrow

Add Simek to the D corps and that actually looks pretty damn solid imo.

SharksFan17

Apr 17, 2017
I thought Radil was actually decent tonight for the limited minutes he was eating up. He was forechecking pretty hard and finished some checks. Usually its only our D getting run but the sharks were getting in on it today.

Reactions: Boja and slocal

SharksFan17

Apr 17, 2017
I missed the game can I get a quick summary
1st:
sharks were skating hard and passing well. Kept most of Calgary's shots to the outside. Couture undressed a Dman then threw it into Timo for a deflection goal. 2nd goal came on a good break out with some give an go passing to get Labanc free to shoot an absolute laser beam for a goal.

2nd:
Calgary came out and started activating the D and sealing the boards. They were cycling on the sharks who were bending but not totally breaking, though stopped skating as hard as they were in the 1st. Calgary got a tip in goal from a shot from the point that Jones had little chance on. The sharks started pushing back after letting up the goal then on the PK Coture stopped a D-to-D pass at the blue line and got a breakaway then found Hertl streeking in on a 2-1 for a one timer.

3rd: Bit back and forth, but some smothering D to maintain the win.

Gunnin54

Nov 7, 2012
1st:
sharks were skating hard and passing well. Kept most of Calgary's shots to the outside. Couture undressed a Dman then threw it into Timo for a deflection goal. 2nd goal came on a good break out with some give an go passing to get Labanc free to shoot an absolute laser beam for a goal.

2nd:
Calgary came out and started activating the D and sealing the boards. They were cycling on the sharks who were bending but not totally breaking, though stopped skating as hard as they were in the 1st. Calgary got a tip in goal from a shot from the point that Jones had little chance on. The sharks started pushing back after letting up the goal then on the PK Coture stopped a D-to-D pass at the blue line and got a breakaway then found Hertl streeking in on a 2-1 for a one timer.

3rd: Bit back and fort, but some smothering D to maintain the win.
Thanks for that I thought the game was tomorrow for some reason

Reactions: Sandisfan

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
I thought Radil was actually decent tonight for the limited minutes he was eating up. He was forechecking pretty hard and finished some checks. Usually its only our D getting run but the sharks were getting in on it today.
He was ok, it seems like we kept seeing him in situations that he couldnt handle the puck where others could have.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
Jones looks much better with an NHL level defense in front of him. Only a couple brutal defensive gaffs in that one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad