GDT: Flames vs Sharks. 7pm. Welcome home

hockfan1991

Jun 29, 2010
It has been the longest time since I can remember here we won a game with only one goal given up

i’ll probably have to think back to game six of the Vegas series his last one I can remember

The way we are built this is the way we’re gonna have to win

it’s not gonna happen when there’s a total of seven or eight or nine goals scored in the game

it was a breath of fresh air to see and it’s a long way from being consistent but that was kind a old school sharks hockey we still win like that all the time we’re not gonna win games the same way as we did last year

we have enough talent defensively if people get their head out of their ass and shut down the odd man rushes and they give me is to keep things low score and gives our self a chance

It was good to see

also love myself some Ferraro Way too early but reminds me of a young pickles game built on d good stick almost always in position makes the smart play with way more wheels he’s got a long way to go before getting to that level but I’m excited about him

He will have his growing pains like everyone else but I just looked pretty damn good

Reactions: Phu

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
So we were running with these lines sorted by even strength ice time for the most part...

Kane-Hertl-Labanc
Meier-Couture-Marleau
Goodrow-Thornton-Karlsson
Bergmann-Gambrell-Radil

That 3rd line is going to get eaten alive and even Sorensen returning won't fix that. I really hope that Gambrell is turning the corner because if he can start dictating play rather than passively go with the flow of play like he did in this game, he can play on Thornton's wing effectively with Sorensen and that line could be good enough. However, I'd want an improvement on Sorensen before the playoffs to support Jumbo and Gambrell better.

Reactions: WSS11

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
EK65 has notoriously had slow starts to his seasons. I’m not worried one bit.

fun game to watch! Finally got to see Sharks hockey after watching what ever it was we saw the last several games.

Erep

Jul 17, 2019
So we were running with these lines sorted by even strength ice time for the most part...

Kane-Hertl-Labanc
Meier-Couture-Marleau
Goodrow-Thornton-Karlsson
Bergmann-Gambrell-Radil

That 3rd line is going to get eaten alive and even Sorensen returning won't fix that. I really hope that Gambrell is turning the corner because if he can start dictating play rather than passively go with the flow of play like he did in this game, he can play on Thornton's wing effectively with Sorensen and that line could be good enough. However, I'd want an improvement on Sorensen before the playoffs to support Jumbo and Gambrell better.
Considering all the issues that happened in the preseason, and moving him between positions, I doubt we see Gambrell play a position other than center for a while. He is finally looking comfortable in the NHL, and he is doing it at 4C. Let him stay there and push his line rather than disrupt a working thing.

Reactions: CupfortheSharks

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Considering all the issues that happened in the preseason, and moving him between positions, I doubt we see Gambrell play a position other than center for a while. He is finally looking comfortable in the NHL, and he is doing it at 4C. Let him stay there and push his line rather than disrupt a working thing.

It depends on team needs. They'll keep things as is short term because they've been winning the last couple games and Sorensen's injury hasn't necessitated a lineup change as of yet. But when that Thornton line starts to bleed goals and shots against, because that's what Goodrow and Karlsson inevitably do, repairing that line will be more important than whether Gambrell needs to play center or not. If he's played well enough to solidify his spot in the lineup when things will need a change, he may be rewarded by being moved up the lineup. This is especially when Goodrow has shown he can at least fill in at 4C and/or that's the best spot to put him for now.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Why the hell is it so long till the next game?
Accommodating the road team/other home teams' schedules. Sharks have always liked home games on Tue/Thu/Sat. They played the Flames Sunday so that they could play Vegas on Saturday and are playing Carolina tonight so they could play LA last night.

Don't worry, though. There are plenty of 4 in 6 night road trips to make up for it...

poppap527

Aug 3, 2006
Why the hell is it so long till the next game?

There's a lot of 2 day breaks between games this month. It's nice, because it gives the team practice time. They've had issues year after year with a lack of practice time because these gaps occur during road trips and they need a day of rest and a day of travel.

Kind of nice, as long as we see results.

Reactions: Phu

SjMilhouse

Jul 18, 2012
There's a lot of 2 day breaks between games this month. It's nice, because it gives the team practice time. They've had issues year after year with a lack of practice time because these gaps occur during road trips and they need a day of rest and a day of travel.

I'm excited for them to come out of this nice break and lay an absolute egg tonight

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010

i had it wrong and thought the game was tomorrow!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad