GDT: Flames vs Flyers (Wednesday @ 6:30PM MST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Gaudreau-Monahan-Lindholm <-keep that, it works, it wins games
Tkachuk-Jankowski-Neal <- Neal can be floating around for the outlet pass while Tkachuk and Janko muck it up on the boards.
Mangiapane-Bennett-Czarnik <- Speed without any finishing skill, this line basically just keeps the puck deep and tries to crash the net. Three guys with plenty of enthusiasm. Could sub Hathaway.
Quine-Ryan-Hathaway <-decent all round 4th line. probably won't score much but there's some solid cycle game potential and both Ryan and Hathaway know how to get the puck out of their own zone.

Reactions: Flames Fanatic

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I’d like to see Dube get a call up. Put him with some good players. To me he’s the one guy that really could be a difference maker that isn’t already.

Maybe Janko but I feel that will be more gradual. Where I feel Dube could be a top-6 as soon as tomorrow if the stars align. I’m guessing it takes a year or two before he breaks out but I just think the world of this kid.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I’d like to see Dube get a call up. Put him with some good players. To me he’s the one guy that really could be a difference maker that isn’t already.

Maybe Janko but I feel that will be more gradual. Where I feel Dube could be a top-6 as soon as tomorrow if the stars align. I’m guessing it takes a year or two before he breaks out but I just think the world of this kid.

What's the point of adding more games? I think if he plays another 10 games or something, doesn't he get arbitration rights at the same time as his ELC expiring or something? (Similar to the Draisaitl situation)

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Let the drinking begin!

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
What's the point of adding more games? I think if he plays another 10 games or something, doesn't he get arbitration rights at the same time as his ELC expiring or something? (Similar to the Draisaitl situation)

To me he was pretty much our most effective bottom 6 fwd. the only reasons to keep him down would be because he wasn’t getting ice time. That and he got demolished 3 times, but 2 of those hits were legit cheap shots imo... there is room for him now and I think he would be a good fill in for Backlund.

Tell him the situation, we want you to play a big role on this team so here’s Tkachuk and Neal. If they produce then we are laughing and all this talk about adding a 2C is mute. If it doesn’t, he goes down to Stockton and plays 22 min a game.

I think you develop players in the NHL if you can, if they are ready to help you. That said are in a cap mess and I don’t know the fine details that you do. Does playoffs affect his contract as well. Because I can’t see a scenario where Dillon isn’t part of thus team for playoffs.

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
I will be at this game, and offer my apologies in advance.

Just for the record, our record with me in attendance this season is 5-1-1 including points in 6 straight so if you wanna just take one for the team and give me your tickets, you'd be doing FlamesNation a big favor ;)

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
To me he was pretty much our most effective bottom 6 fwd. the only reasons to keep him down would be because he wasn’t getting ice time. That and he got demolished 3 times, but 2 of those hits were legit cheap shots imo... there is room for him now and I think he would be a good fill in for Backlund.

Tell him the situation, we want you to play a big role on this team so here’s Tkachuk and Neal. If they produce then we are laughing and all this talk about adding a 2C is mute. If it doesn’t, he goes down to Stockton and plays 22 min a game.

I think you develop players in the NHL if you can, if they are ready to help you. That said are in a cap mess and I don’t know the fine details that you do. Does playoffs affect his contract as well. Because I can’t see a scenario where Dillon isn’t part of thus team for playoffs.

Playoffs count. I believe that's how we burned off the first year of Bennett's ELC.

IMO Dube down is a good thing. He needs to learn to keep his head up, or he will be derailed before he can start his NHL career. Plus if we are tight on he salary front with Tkachuk and Bennett raises, let them languish if we are still winning. It'll bode well for the salary structure long term. No need to pull out a trump card early, especially when we don't need it. .

BobColesNasalCavity

Oct 15, 2016
West Side
Couple big points up for grabs today.

As much as I don't want to do it, we do have Neal who can play RW, so move Lindholm to 2C and Neal to 1RW and see how it goes today. Ryan as a 2C is not good. Who knows, maybe Neal gets on the scoresheet playing with Johnny and Money and kickstarts his offense? Can't hurt to try it out.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Johnny-Monahan-Neal
chucky-Lindy-Bennett

Give this top 6 a try tonght for a whole game. I have no doubt that Lindholm can be a solid 2c in this setup.

Reactions: DomBarr

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Good to see Czarnik has managed to go from playing with Tkachuk on the right side to 4th line LW (the side Peters says he can't play) overnight.

I'm pretty sure 2nd line Czarnik had 4 points in 8 games, a nice goal against Columbus qhen reunited and had some really good possession numbers. I don't understand why we haven't gone back to that when all the other experiments haven't worked.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Good to see Czarnik has managed to go from playing with Tkachuk on the right side to 4th line LW (the side Peters says he can't play) overnight.

I'm pretty sure 2nd line Czarnik had 4 points in 8 games, a nice goal against Columbus qhen reunited and had some really good possession numbers. I don't understand why we haven't gone back to that when all the other experiments haven't worked.
I think they want Bennett to succeed and like Mangiapagne on the 3rd line. If Czarnik takes Bennett’s spot, it more or less pushes him to the 4th line....at least with Neal stapled to the 3RW.

Honestly, I’d try Bennett at centre, can’t be worse than on the RW.

Gaudreau-Monahan-Lindholm
Tkachuk-Bennett-Czarnik
Mangiapagne-Jankowski-Neal
Ryan-Quine-Hathaway

Last edited:

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Hey guys, we suck. I love watching the Flames/games at the Saddledome though, been doing it for the last 3 years (I'm a nightowl and a Center Ice subscriber). You have a cool team and a great crowd, looking forward to this.

Is it usual for you guys to have 6:30 local starts though?
Not at all, usually it's 7PM local.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad