GDT: Flames vs Flyers (Wednesday @ 6:30PM MST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
I'm gonna steal JPeeper's meme format.

Czarnik on the second line:
giphy.gif

Ryan on the second line:
giphy.gif

Reactions: Migos

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
I get the whole gotta keep the top line together but woof that center lineup sucks without Backlund...Ryan is a 3rd or 4th line center, same with Jankowski and Quine i have no idea about.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I get the whole gotta keep the top line together but woof that center lineup sucks without Backlund...Ryan is a 3rd or 4th line center, same with Jankowski and Quine i have no idea about.

Weird that you got this guy who can play C/RW, who is clearly a top 6 forward; that there's an unwillingness to split up the top line.

Our centre depth is still questionable at best.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Weird that you got this guy who can play C/RW, who is clearly a top 6 forward; that there's an unwillingness to split up the top line.

I think folks on this board and CP have been guilty of confusing "we have lots of guys who can play centre" with "we have excellent depth at centre".

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I think folks on this board and CP have been guilty of confusing "we have lots of guys who can play centre" with "we have excellent depth at centre".

I've been saying it for a while, really think we could still use a 2C in a bad way.
We're super deep right now, we'd be absurdly deep with an additional 2C in the fold.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane

Depth is there. Quality is another discussion.

All of Monahan, Backlund, Lindholm, Czarnik, Ryan, Jankowski, Bennett, Quine play C or have at the professional level. Peters not playing some of them at center is part of the problem too though yes.

Reactions: Migos

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
I've been saying it for a while, really think we could still use a 2C in a bad way.
We're super deep right now, we'd be absurdly deep with an additional 2C in the fold.
My issue is we have a 2 C. Maybe its time to give Lindholm the 2c role and give Neal/Czarnik/Bennett/Ryan the top line RW. If not that, mainly because it would be fun to watch is a Tkachuk/Bennett/Neal line. Even when Backlund is back running Monahan/Lindholm/Backlund down the middle is better than Monahan/Backlund and the rotating cast of centers Peters is running now.

BobColesNasalCavity

Oct 15, 2016
West Side

Been saying it since last season, I love Backlund but he should be slid down to the 3C and get a 2C who can score. For example Jeff Carter.

Gaudreau Monahan Lindholm
Tkachuk Carter Neal
Bennett Backlund Frolik
Mangiapane Ryan/Jank Hathaway

Reactions: Bounces R Way

lightstorm

Oct 17, 2016
Ryan and Czarnik in the top six is pathetic, injuries or not.

Not sure what is Mangapiane doing bettet than Bennett but oh well.

Lindholm should be treated like Draisaitl here, expected to center his own line with tkachuk for majority of the game, and if they are trailing in the third move him up to 1st line RW

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
Been saying it since last season, I love Backlund but he should be slid down to the 3C and get a 2C who can score. For example Jeff Carter.

Gaudreau Monahan Lindholm
Tkachuk Carter Neal
Bennett Backlund Frolik
Mangiapane Ryan/Jank Hathaway

This. Backlund being out exposes our quality of C depth greatly, we shouldn't be one C injury away from playing Ryan as a 2c. I'd like us to go after Carter or Schenn, however I wonder what the price would be.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I'd much rather see Lindholm or Bennett tested as our 2nd line centre than Derek Ryan. The timing of the latter's demotion is quite odd as he's had a poor string of games but was quite good against the Oilers when called upon as a centre.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Peters is on record as saying that Czarnik can't handle playing on his off wing that well. I suspect that Benny is 4LW right now as the 2RW is where Czarnik can slot in. What bugs me is giving Ryan the 2C spot. Either play Benny or Czarnik there, move Ryan to 4C and play Quine as 4LW.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I don't mind giving Czarnik the 2RW to roll with but I was kinda hoping they'd put Neal there. But then again I guess Tkachuk-Ryan-Neal would be slow as mud and Czarnik gives it a bit of speed.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Does Tkachuk have 1 point 5 on 5 since Bennett joined that line? I don’t think so

I think Bennett’s two way play is vastly overrated and he doesn’t contribute really anything offensively...

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
Philly will be a good bubble test for the Flames. They definitely should beat the Flyers, but injuries will make this game harder to win. I'm definitely glad that Gio is back.

Stay tuned for more, completely obvious, thoughts to come!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad