GDT: Flames vs Coyotes (7pm on TSN)

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
According to the fan960, Hartley stated their going to trim the roster down to 26 (from the current 32) by tomorrow. No goalies however are expected to be among those cut.

I still think Monahan would be better served by going back to juniors for another season - it's not that he's been bad, rather he hasn't been as effective as he can be once he's developed more. He's solid defensively but the Flames need more than that from him; they need him to be an offensive force, something that he can work on in juniors, once he's traded to a better team.

The fact that the Flames are weak down the middle should have no bearing on whether Monahan sticks or not.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Glenny for the last year or so really irks me at times.. Good player, no doubt, I love his rough style of game, but he seems to get it in his head that he's Crosby or something sometimes, tries to make the fancy play.. Him and Stemps were both seemingly trying to force things too much tonight

As far as I'm concerned, it's what exhibition games are there for.

TylerSVT*

Glenny for the last year or so really irks me at times.. Good player, no doubt, I love his rough style of game, but he seems to get it in his head that he's Crosby or something sometimes, tries to make the fancy play.. Him and Stemps were both seemingly trying to force things too much tonight

He has a massive Ego, i remember watching some thing like 2 years ago about how the players thought their ratings were in NHL 11, he was the only one who thought his rating was ******** and needed to be raised.

I like Glencross but i would love to trade him away.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
He has a massive Ego, i remember watching some thing like 2 years ago about how the players thought their ratings were in NHL 11, he was the only one who thought his rating was ******** and needed to be raised.

I like Glencross but i would love to trade him away.

O god really? :laugh:

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
The good:
- The top line still looked great even when split up.
- Monahan is NHL ready just depends if we want to save a year on his ELC
- Our top 3 defenseman all look great
- Berra had a solid game (even though I think Ramo is still better)
- Knight had a good game
- Bouma is a stud

The bad:
- Jones lost a few hairs :laugh:
- Butler and SOB are actually worse together than apart
- Baertschi has had a terrible preseason
- Outside of the top 3 I weep 1 of our other defenseman has to play 20+ minutes a night

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
The good:
- Knight had a good game
- Bouma is a stud

The bad:
- Outside of the top 3 I weep 1 of our other defenseman has to play 20+ minutes a night

One of the worst pairings I have ever seen the Flames ice. Absolutely horrific.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
According to the fan960, Hartley stated their going to trim the roster down to 26 (from the current 32) by tomorrow. No goalies however are expected to be among those cut.

I still think Monahan would be better served by going back to juniors for another season - it's not that he's been bad, rather he hasn't been as effective as he can be once he's developed more. He's solid defensively but the Flames need more than that from him; they need him to be an offensive force, something that he can work on in juniors, once he's traded to a better team.

The fact that the Flames are weak down the middle should have no bearing on whether Monahan sticks or not.

Monahan will stay - I'd bet my username on it.

The 67s are a terrible team; he won't be able to develop much else other than learning how to lose. He can do that here - but at least it's losing at a better quality.

Reinhart

Jun 13, 2011
Monahan will stay - I'd bet my username on it.

The 67s are a terrible team; he won't be able to develop much else other than learning how to lose. He can do that here - but at least it's losing at a better quality.

Not that I disagree with Monahan deserving to stick with the Flames, but he will also develop on the 67's for a while, then go to the WJCs, and most definitely end up getting traded to a Memorial cup contending team at some point in the season as well. There is no way the 67's wouldn't trade him this season. Would make no sense for them to hang onto Monahan.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Not that I disagree with Monahan deserving to stick with the Flames, but he will also develop on the 67's for a while, then go to the WJCs, and most definitely end up getting traded to a Memorial cup contending team at some point in the season as well. There is no way the 67's wouldn't trade him this season. Would make no sense for them to hang onto Monahan.

I would be fine with releasing him for the WJC (provided he's not a key cog in our playoff run :sarcasm: )

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
The good:

The bad:

I thought Glencross merely had an okay game. Stempniak sucked terribly last night.

Also I thought Bartschi was okay last night. He had some nice moves in the first two periods before the team woke up.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I thought Glencross merely had an okay game. Stempniak sucked terribly last night.

Also I thought Bartschi was okay last night. He had some nice moves in the first two periods before the team woke up.

Glencross was great defensively which is his job and he was decent offensively. Stempniak didn't have the best game but I disagree with saying he sucked. Sven had a nice move now and again but there are shifts that he is completely invisible.

TylerSVT*

The good:
- Knight had a good game
- Bouma is a stud

The bad:

Monahan will get his 9 games for sure, i suspect they will make a judgment call once he has played 8. If he plays good, stay, if not, down to Juniors. Wouldnt be the worst thing in the world.

I suspect Seiloff will get top 4 ice time for a bit here, he really impressed me so far this pre-season and i think the Flames are really high on him.

O god really? :laugh:

http://video.flames.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=138742

Hand of Gaudreau

Gaudreaubey Baker
Jul 14, 2008
Edmonton
Mike Smith is such a *****, he constantly absolutely abuses the unwritten, you can't hit the goalie back rule. Someone needs to knock him the **** out when he pulls that ****.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Yeah, makes a ton of sense doesn't it?

Considering that video is from 2011 about 2012, he has followed up his good season with 41 goals and 33 assists in 107 games. I mean the guy makes 2.55 million and has a 82 game pace of 57 points and we should trade him because he has "a massive ego" because he thought he was better than what other people thought.

TylerSVT*

I'm laughing at you wanting to trade him because he thinks he is better than what EA rated him. Jesus some people want to trade the entire team.

Please show me where i said that was the reason i would trade him...

I would trade him because his value is high and he could get us a very nice piece in return. I dont care for him personally, he takes too many nights off and tends to pout a lot. But his value is very high and his cap hit is low.

I would trade him to the Oilers for their 2015 1st.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Please show me where i said that was the reason i would trade him...

I would trade him because his value is high and he could get us a very nice piece in return. I dont care for him personally, he takes too many nights off and tends to pout a lot. But his value is very high and his cap hit is low.

I would trade him to the Oilers for their 2015 1st.

:laugh: I'm just going to keep on laughing. You said he had a huge ego and used the EA thing as "proof". Glencross is extremely humble and gives 110% every game it is who he is.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Considering that video is from 2011 about 2012, he has followed up his good season with 41 goals and 33 assists in 107 games. I mean the guy makes 2.55 million and has a 82 game pace of 57 points and we should trade him because he has "a massive ego" because he thought he was better than what other people thought.

Glencross is one of the most humble and down to earth athletes I have ever seen. He wants nothing to do with publicity, and he isn't playing hockey for the money either. His family and home is everything to him.

I've said this often, for his contract he is the best value of any player in the NHL. I mean, the guy is basically Clarkson (I believe he's better) and he makes half of what Clarkson makes. Why would we trade him?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad