GDT: Flames vs Coyotes (7pm on TSN)

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
:laugh: I'm just going to keep on laughing. You said he had a huge ego and used the EA thing as "proof". Glencross is extremely humble and gives 110% every game it is who he is.

The funny thing is that GlenX is smirking while saying "definitely higher" about his rating too.

The Flames should make another video asking players what they think of their '14 rankings. If anyone appears to show any ego/negativity we can ship them out come trade deadline!

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
The funny thing is that GlenX is smirking while saying "definitely higher" about his rating too.

The Flames should make another video asking players what they think of their '14 rankings. If anyone appears to show any ego/negativity we can ship them out come trade deadline!

Traded them? Just give them away they have to big of an ego for this team :laugh:

May 27, 2012
Earth
You can't really say anything unless you met the guy and spent a decent amount of time with him. Obviously you would say it could be higher. If I was in his position I would have said it as well. If his ego was so big he wouldn't have signed a 2.5/season deal with the Flames...he would have taken his ego somewhere else.

TylerSVT*

:laugh: I'm just going to keep on laughing. You said he had a huge ego and used the EA thing as "proof". Glencross is extremely humble and gives 110% every game it is who he is.

He does have a huge ego. You think he doesnt?

And no chance you actually believe he gives it 110% every night. Some games he is amazing but he does tend to pack it in from time to time. He also takes stupid meaningless penalties sometimes when he gets ticked off.

Again, i want to trade him not for those reasons, but only because he value.

Keep laughing though...

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC

And no chance you actually believe he gives it 110% every night. Some games he is amazing but he does tend to pack it in from time to time. He also takes stupid meaningless penalties sometimes when he gets ticked off.

Keep laughing though...

I will as your knowledge on the guy seems well 0.

Trae

Calgary

Keep laughing though...

I've never seen any indication of him having a huge ego, what are you basing this off of? Gut feeling?

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009

Keep laughing though...

This would be a lack of discipline. It doesn't have anything to with ego. It also has nothing to do with him packing it in every so often.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I thought Berra played a solid but not great game. You could obviously tell on some plays he wasn't totally comfortable on the ice. I think send him to the Heat to start a bunch of games to become acclimitized to the NA game. Also to note, Ramo can be sent down without clearing waivers.

I thought Gio was a rock all game and provided a calming presence on the blueline, just what you'd expect from your captain. Brodie is a straight up stud, period. He's always making the smart play, he's either driving the puck into the offensive zone by carrying the puck up the ice or he's making an excellent out of zone pass to gain entry into the oppositions territory. Wideman continued to impress with another solid effort and Russell looked good to. I actually thought SOB quietly had a solid game as well.

Bouma was a beast, I was so impressed with his game. Monahan had a typical effort, always in the right places at the right time. Stajan, Glencross and Stemps had a solid all around night, they were our most consistent line at generating chances. Knight also impressed me to, he got stronger as the game went on and hopefully that's a sign of things to come.

Sven showed flashes, but he's really had an underwhelming preseason IMO. Yes the expectations are high and they should be. Monahan to me looks much more polished overall, and Sven could learn a thing from him. He needs to bring it every shift and be consistent if he's going to be a star in this league. It's kind of puzzling to me really because he really does work hard, I'd say he needs to just relax and let the game come to him but he already looks to be kind of disengaged. I just hope the coaches work with him and support him because Baertschi is a guy that thrives off of confidence. Play him with top 6 minutes and with a guy like Cammy so he has an opportunity to succeed.

All in all, it was a decent game. Seems like we always fall behind early and the other team takes it's foot off the gas and we just keep coming. If we continue to work hard I think we may surprise some people this year.

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
I thought Berra played a solid but not great game. You could obviously tell on some plays he wasn't totally comfortable on the ice. I think send him to the Heat to start a bunch of games to become acclimitized to the NA game. Also to note, Ramo can be sent down without clearing waivers.

I thought Gio was a rock all game and provided a calming presence on the blueline, just what you'd expect from your captain. Brodie is a straight up stud, period. He's always making the smart play, he's either driving the puck into the offensive zone by carrying the puck up the ice or he's making an excellent out of zone pass to gain entry into the oppositions territory. Wideman continued to impress with another solid effort and Russell looked good to. I actually thought SOB quietly had a solid game as well.

Bouma was a beast, I was so impressed with his game. Monahan had a typical effort, always in the right places at the right time. Stajan, Glencross and Stemps had a solid all around night, they were our most consistent line at generating chances. Knight also impressed me to, he got stronger as the game went on and hopefully that's a sign of things to come.

Sven showed flashes, but he's really had an underwhelming preseason IMO. Yes the expectations are high and they should be. Monahan to me looks much more polished overall, and Sven could learn a thing from him. He needs to bring it every shift and be consistent if he's going to be a star in this league. It's kind of puzzling to me really because he really does work hard, I'd say he needs to just relax and let the game come to him but he already looks to be kind of disengaged. I just hope the coaches work with him and support him because Baertschi is a guy that thrives off of confidence. Play him with top 6 minutes and with a guy like Cammy so he has an opportunity to succeed.

All in all, it was a decent game. Seems like we always fall behind early and the other team takes it's foot off the gas and we just keep coming. If we continue to work hard I think we may surprise some people this year.

Homer :sarcasm:

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary

Keep laughing though...

Your so far out of your element!

I've met the guy before, seems like one of the nicest and most down to earth hockey players I've ever come across. He even hugged my girlfriend! He's probably the biggest discount contract in the league. That alone is enough to observe that Glenny is a standup guy. He's no in it for the money and certainly has his ego in check.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad