GDT: Flames vs Coyotes (7pm on TSN)

Trae

Calgary
Another impressive game by Monahan, quiet on the score sheet but doing everything he should be doing.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
I'm proud of the boys. A loss I'll watch any day. They put up a good show and that ain't not bad... I think.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Boo-urns on the result, but solid come back.. Really liked what I saw from Monahan

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
I tuned in during the second. The Flames had a good third with terrible power plays which is really odd to see really. Oh well, I wonder who gets cut now.

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica
PP will be fine once Huds and Cammy comes back.

Proud of the effort by the boys tonight! Hard NOT to support them if they play like this every game

GO FLAMES GO

TylerSVT*

My game notes:

Passing passing passing... wtf, how many turnovers do we need to have a game?

Powerplay was terribad, like really awful. Gelinas needs to get something going here.

Butler was terrible

Stempniak was really bad, missing passes, missing shots, not hustling. Not going to be a good year for him

Monahan, same as last game, nothing noticable but played well.

Beartschi, where was he all game? I thought he played really well, he needs to work on his game in the D zone as i found him launching pucks to center ice way too often but IMO he was the most dynamic forward out there. He NEEDS to play with Backlund, those 2 have great chemistry. Hartley is Pejorative Slured for not putting him on 2nd line PP... Knight over Sven is stupid.

Backlund, good game, typical backlund game.

Knight, nice goal but im still not sold on him.

Bouma, excellent, he should stick this year, i would take him over Jackman in an instant.

Berra, good game but he needs time in the AHL, his positioning is pretty bad and you can tell he gets a bit shaky out there.

Overall, meh game. Going to be a LONG LONG season this year. Hopefully we can get an Ekblad, Nylander, Reinhart out of it.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I tuned in during the second. The Flames had a good third with terrible power plays which is really odd to see really. Oh well, I wonder who gets cut now.

I see the following transaction moves, despite what the FLames have said about Cammy being ready

to IR:
- Chris Breen
- Mike Cammalleri

to Heat:
- Derek Smith
- Michael Ferland (if healthy, if not then IR)
- Max Reinhart
- Ben Street
- Blair Jones
- Reto Berra

to WHL:
- Keegan Kanzig (if healthy, if not then IR)

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
I see the following transaction moves, despite what the FLames have said about Cammy being ready

to IR:
- Chris Breen
- Mike Cammalleri

to Heat:
- Derek Smith
- Michael Ferland (if healthy, if not then IR)
- Max Reinhart
- Ben Street
- Blair Jones
- Reto Berra

to WHL:
- Keegan Kanzig (if healthy, if not then IR)
The Heat's roster will look great. :yo:

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
even better when the Breen Giant comes off IR and either he or Sieloff joins Abby

I think Sieloff will be going to Abbotsford instead of Breen. Feaster tells us that Breen is NHL ready and I don't think they'd just shove Sieloff into the Flames roster straight out of junior.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I think Sieloff will be going to Abbotsford instead of Breen. Feaster tells us that Breen is NHL ready and I don't think they'd just shove Sieloff into the Flames roster straight out of junior.
that is my thought too, but I thik he will get a couple games until Breen is healthy mid-month

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
I thought Baerstchi and Backs had poor chemistry. He did more when playing with Knight.

Jones was great tonight. If he continues to play in those dirty areas, he'll be a helluva pick-up. I didn't notice Galiardi as much as the other games. Both Jackman + Bouma brought that energy again, and Bouma got rewarded with a goal and more ice time. He's been lights out all preseason.

Brodie was a stud, but did too much at times and it cost him. Russell was steady and fun to watch. And lastly, Street was excellent. He was all over the ice and showed good senses and skill.

Monahan was quietly doing his job. Solid defensive play.

Giordano was our best defensemen and Wideman wasn't as noticeable. Stempniak, Stajan, and Glencross weren't as good tonight. And Butler wasn't great either.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Was not especially good hockey but welcome to the division. Hope to see lots of you packing the seats down here in AZ. Seriously. Please buy tickets. :cheers:

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Glenny for the last year or so really irks me at times.. Good player, no doubt, I love his rough style of game, but he seems to get it in his head that he's Crosby or something sometimes, tries to make the fancy play.. Him and Stemps were both seemingly trying to force things too much tonight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad