Confirmed with Link: Flames sign Mikael Backlund 3 year ( $3.575M AAV )

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Team Sweden in World Cup:

Silfverberg - Zetterberg - Landeskog
Sedin - Sedin - Eriksson
Steen - Bäckström - Forsberg
Backlund - Berglund - Hörnqvist

Should have got 4 million.

chunkylover53

Nov 26, 2013
Just to bump this, Backlund is massively underrated. He's a great possession player and great defensive forward. I mean Frolik was given 5x4.2 right? Then again Backlund was an RFA. I actually wouldn't mind if this was an extra year tacked on, to make it 4x3.575. He might never be greater than a 3rd/2nd line tweener because of offensive upside, but at the very least he's an elite 3rd liner.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Team Sweden in World Cup:

Silfverberg - Zetterberg - Landeskog
Sedin - Sedin - Eriksson
Steen - Bäckström - Forsberg
Backlund - Berglund - Hörnqvist

Should have got 4 million.

Why put Backlund on the wing, and Berglund at center? Berglund is a winger, Backlund is a center.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Just to bump this, Backlund is massively underrated. He's a great possession player and great defensive forward. I mean Frolik was given 5x4.2 right? Then again Backlund was an RFA. I actually wouldn't mind if this was an extra year tacked on, to make it 4x3.575. He might never be greater than a 3rd/2nd line tweener because of offensive upside, but at the very least he's an elite 3rd liner.

It's going to be even more pronounced when the Nucks give Sutter 4M+ on a four or five year deal.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011

Yep. I'd have fully supported anything up to six years, to be honest. Even if he misses 25% of the year to injuries, he's still great the rest of the season, and he's proved that for multiple consecutive seasons, now.

chunkylover53

Nov 26, 2013
Yep. I'd have fully supported anything up to six years, to be honest. Even if he misses 25% of the year to injuries, he's still great the rest of the season, and he's proved that for multiple consecutive seasons, now.

I've been fine too. He's not one-dimensional lazy streaky scorer or something. His underlying numbers are really good, and will always be a useful player. He's worth keeping longterm for, and will be tradable if need be. I would've aimed for a 5 year deal at like 3.8.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad