Confirmed with Link: Flames sign Jacob Markstrom (6 years, $6,000,000 AAV)

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Data-yes.gif
This again. Well done Tre

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
It made too much sense not to go after him. Reasonable deal, and makes us a better team. Well done

Reactions: Boomstick

kes17

Jul 5, 2009
Vancouver
Happy for him, I'm sure the Flames can get at least 4 good years out of him. Make no mistake though he may not have been a starter for long but he has a ton of miles on him.

Does his best when he faces a ton of shots but has slowly broken down because of it.

Still an Elite goalie

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
They do, but this leads to a few changes. It does not lead to a rebuild.
All roads lead to a rebuild. It's either plunging directly into one or a long-drawn out retool where the new core is unrecognizable and a distant downgrade comapred to the original.

Our current iteration is the best chance we've got.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
All roads lead to a rebuild. It's either plunging directly into one or a long-drawn out retool where the new core is unrecognizable and a distant downgrade comapred to the original.

Our current iteration is the best chance we've got.

Sounds like something Tampa would have thought 5+ years ago, and Pittsburgh would've thought back in 2010. Not to mention St. Louis and Washington. All teams that won the Cup after this breaking point you're referring to.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Not confirmed, but I can't help but wonder if Treliving killed Markstrom on the trade protection now. If around 6x6 was the expected all day on the higher end, why did they grind it down for so damn long?

Flames have been completely stingy on trade protection especially NMC. So I'm wondering if he has a 5 team NTC or less?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad