Confirmed with Link: Flames sign Jacob Markstrom (6 years, $6,000,000 AAV)

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
Can we try a new goalie coach before we just crap on the guy? Markstrom had been one of the better ones since Kipper. We're a goalie grave yard. Even Rittich crashed. Talbot, Smith... Who else succeed after the Flames? How many goalies do we need as examples?

Goalie coach please!!! Ian Clark from Vancouver please!!!
We have actually already hired a new goalie coach since every example you listed. We shuffled chairs to get Sigalet away from development and more scouting which is a strong suit of his. Jason Labarbera is our new goalie coach and he’s pretty well respected in the field. Hockey Canada utilizes him for a some of their tournaments as well.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
We have actually already hired a new goalie coach since every example you listed. We shuffled chairs to get Sigalet away from development and more scouting which is a strong suit of his. Jason Labarbera is our new goalie coach and he’s pretty well respected in the field. Hockey Canada utilizes him for a some of their tournaments as well.

Yes, but he's not ultra elite like someone like Ian Clark. Clark revived Markstrom. Maybe he can do it again.

Sigalet is a good scout, passable goalie coach. Labarbera is a good coach, but I really want an elite one. I'd be happy to keep Labarbera so he can learn from Clark. Before these guys, we had Malarchuk and I wasn't too certain of his efficacy at that time either.

We've had a bad track record for goalies for a long time. I want someone to be a combo breaker. Hopefully, that's Clark assuming that other elite tier like Korn, Burke, Maharaj etc. aren't available.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad