Flames race to the 2020 playoffs..

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
The play as of late has been encouraging.
Tough schedule, but man, if this team keeps up the wins in the regular season, it'll flow through to the post season too. These are the types of seasons where a team like Calgary could go deep getting hot at the right time.

Reactions: Nanuuk

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
A bunch of home games down the stretch, 11/15 at home. We have one of the worst home records in the NHL, only more wins than Chicago and Detroit...yikes
There is no reason to be bad at home except

1) lazy... hopefully it has been fixed base on recent play
2)bad coaching.....well...

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
I would say the Flames, Canucks and Predators are equal on paper. So they just have to keep winning. It will be tight.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
For all those preaching doom here is a nice graphical to turn that frown upside down.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
For all those preaching doom here is a nice graphical to turn that frown upside down.

It's not surprising that they're creating a lot as the eye test backs that up. But we've had a problems scoring on the big chances we create.

For example that Nashville should've been an easy win but hopefully the guys learned a lesson there

I'm optimistic about our chances but there's still some room for improvement

Reactions: FlamerForLife

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
We're creating a lot for two big reasons.

1. 3M
2. The return of the king

Since Jan 1st

IMG_20200302_124900.png

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
It's not surprising that they're creating a lot as the eye test backs that up. But we've had a problems scoring on the big chances we create.

For example that Nashville should've been an easy win but hopefully the guys learned a lesson there

I'm optimistic about our chances but there's still some room for improvement

While still far from ready to contend today it shows the Flames are trending in the right direction to have an impact in game 83 on.

Top 3 things to address:
  1. The PP needs to be overhauled in the final weeks. To be successful in the playoffs The Flames will have to start producing with the league leaders.
  2. One of Talbot or Rittich need to get hot and stay hot. Talbot's showing last night was promising but the Flames need consistency.
  3. The Monahan line needs to start creating better pressure in the offensive zone.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
It is pretty astounding where the team is standing wise, there was a time when we were 10 points back of the Oilers at one point.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Despite scoring a goal yesterday I still say that Lucic should be playing on the 4th line (with 4th line minutes), if he has to play at all, and off the 2nd unit PP. The Flames should also send Rinaldo down to Stockton and recall Czarnik.
They also can't afford to play like they did in Tampa. Ever. Again.
Not if they want to be playing hockey any later than April 4.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
The Preds are getting embarrassed. Nice.

The Oilers are having a laugher. Not nice.
If it wasn't for Rinne, it'd be a lot closer. But I'm not complaining. In situations like these, I'd rather see teams below us in the standings lose ground even if it is the Oilers benefitting

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I complain our centre depth a lot but it's amazing to see how much Poile overpaid for such a ridiculously soft quartet there.

That Jones for Johansen deal turned out so terribly for Nashville and it does not get brought up enough

Reactions: tmurfin

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
If it wasn't for Rinne, it'd be a lot closer. But I'm not complaining. In situations like these, I'd rather see teams below us in the standings lose ground even if it is the Oilers benefitting

Nothing worse than listening to Oilers fans

Reactions: Nanuuk

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
Hey fellas was wondering if anyone could answer some questions about Flames playoff tickets. How impossible are they to get, and how much does the first round go for. Last year the press level were around 140 ? Is that right? and are they relatively easy to find?

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Hey fellas was wondering if anyone could answer some questions about Flames playoff tickets. How impossible are they to get, and how much does the first round go for. Last year the press level were around 140 ? Is that right? and are they relatively easy to find?

They're really not that hard to find. Went to every home game in 2015 and usually found them the day before or day of. If you want a decent price though you gotta be willing to do some real searching.

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
They're really not that hard to find. Went to every home game in 2015 and usually found them the day before or day of. If you want a decent price though you gotta be willing to do some real searching.

What did you pay? That was also 5 years ago

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
The Flames have 14 games remaining and they play the Yotes tonight who are fighting to get back into a playoff spot. The desert dogs chances have improved with Kuemper healthy now and back in the lineup for the last two games. Canucks playoff hopes are dying on the vine because of the injury to Jacob Markstrom. They may be SOL this season. Too bad... they were having a great season before Markstrom went down.
The Flames want to hang on to that playoff spot in the Pacific division. Lose that and it could be a coin toss as to whether they make it into the playoffs.

Capture.JPG

BigFuzzyDice

the giant Kane in your azz
Jul 8, 2016
First round tickets are a few bucks , The 2nd round ones are worth about as much as toilet paper but considering the craziness right now that would be undervaluing TP.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
We can probably make the playoffs but the aves, blues and knights can toy with us whatever way they want too.

Tonight was a perfect example, Vegas dominated then took rest of night off. After we tied it up, they went to work and we folded.

Basically the flames have no chance against those top teams. It's best to get a shot at a top pick.

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
We can probably make the playoffs but the aves, blues and knights can toy with us whatever way they want too.

Tonight was a perfect example, Vegas dominated then took rest of night off. After we tied it up, they went to work and we folded.

Basically the flames have no chance against those top teams. It's best to get a shot at a top pick.
Agree with everything but the bolded, it's too late for that now.

Reactions: viper0220

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
After looking at the standings, the schedule and the injury to Vancouver's starting goalie, am I right in saying that it will most likely be a Battle of Alberta in the playoffs?

I don't think my body would be able to take a Battle of Alberta, I feel #97 could pull a MacKinnon and it would be awful.

Reactions: TychoFan

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Agree with everything but the bolded, it's too late for that now.
Not really. Every lottery team has a chance for a top pick. As the matter of fact 3 chances for the top 3 picks. The odd is not very high for the flames but that odd is still higher than them winning a playoffs series against Vegas, aves or blues.

I want them to make the playoffs but I wouldn't be too upset too long if they miss it. They don't have the horses to go far and need a 1C or top end talent in a bad way. The draft is the best way to get one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad