Flames race to the 2020 playoffs..

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
The Flames got lucky last night after losing to the Bolts because the Panthers, Predators, Canucks, and Stars lost too. The Flames keep their WC1 spot. Hopefully they win today against the Panthers.. but who knows... could be a coin flip with the Flames lately.

I Hate Blake Coleman

F*** the oilers
Jul 22, 2008
Saskatchewan
This team is so incredibly boring to watch this season. I'm not even mad that NHL Game Centre f***ed me over by blacking out most games. I'm gonna make a point to pirate and steal more Flames-related stuff as a result.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
That rollercoaster the flames are on, apparently the Canucks are on it too...lol

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
Watch Lucic go on a 5 game scoring streak at the end of the season, and end up scoring one goal too many that means we don't get the third rounder from the Oilers lol

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
That rollercoaster the flames are on, apparently the Canucks are on it too...lol
The Canucks are hurting bad with Jacob Markstrom on the IR. Domingue and Demko just aren't in the same class.
Markstrom is likely to miss a month. This injury could very well kill the Canucks chances of making it into the playoffs.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
The Canucks are hurting bad with Jacob Markstrom on the IR. Domingue and Demko just aren't in the same class.
Markstrom is likely to miss a month. This injury could very well kill the Canucks chances of making it into the playoffs.

I could still see the Canucks making it, but just barely. They'll need to score their way into it for most nights though.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Watch Lucic go on a 5 game scoring streak at the end of the season, and end up scoring one goal too many that means we don't get the third rounder from the Oilers lol
The Flames get the Oilers 3rd round pick if James Neal scores 21 goals and Milan Lucic scores 10 or fewer goals than Neal in the 2019-20 season.
I'm more worried about Neal not making it to #21 than Lucic scoring too many to invalidate the agreement.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Canucksnation imploding lol. You really forget how composed this place is (except for me of course :P) until you go to cp and other fan boards. Wow.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
It would take a monumental choke job on our part to miss the ploffs at this point
Not really..we are basically in a tie with 6 teams for 5 spots....edm, van,arzn,win,Nash and min

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
Not really..we are basically in a tie with 6 teams for 5 spots....edm, van,arzn,win,Nash and min

The thought that we are closer to being out of the playoffs than in the playoffs is pathetic.

Calgary is 1 point from being in 2nd in the Pacific and 4 points from being outside the playoffs. Many of you are more excited by the prospect of failure than you are of relative success.

I can't wait to see playoff hockey at the Dome... You can all cheer on the lottery draft pick we will never get while I enjoy every game.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Yeah, it wouldn't even take a monumental choke job to miss the playoffs. Just as simple as not being able to keep pace and a team or two getting hot down the stretch.

Sports Club Stats has us at 45.5% making the playoffs as of yesterday's loss. With us winning and the Canucks losing, we might barely be at ~50%.
Calgary Flames Playoff Chances - Sports Club Stats
Actually, today's great results increased our odds by 13.7%, up to 59.2%.

So, as of right now, it's more likely that we make the playoffs than miss. What a difference a day makes.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
The thought that we are closer to being out of the playoffs than in the playoffs is pathetic.

Calgary is 1 point from being in 2nd in the Pacific and 4 points from being outside the playoffs. Many of you are more excited by the prospect of failure than you are of relative success.

I can't wait to see playoff hockey at the Dome... You can all cheer on the lottery draft pick we will never get while I enjoy every game.

Who said anything about being closer to out than in?

It's pathetic to think we are not in the battle of a playoff spot. Do the math instead of drinking the Kool aid and think somehow you are a superior fan. Edmonton and Vancouver are slightly ahead. Calgary and Nashville are in a virtual tie slightly ahead of Winnipeg, Minnesota and Arizona.

Picture can change quickly with a couple wins or loss.....

Last edited:

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
It would take a monumental choke job on our part to miss the ploffs at this point

Hello Lafreniere!

The West is trash however. Flames could continue their dumb .500 play and we could still make it to 3rd in the Pacific.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
The Flames get the Oilers 3rd round pick if James Neal scores 21 goals and Milan Lucic scores 10 or fewer goals than Neal in the 2019-20 season.
I'm more worried about Neal not making it to #21 than Lucic scoring too many to invalidate the agreement.
Lucic is now tied with Neal on the Flames all time scoring list with 7.

Reactions: Black Box

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
A bunch of home games down the stretch, 11/15 at home. We have one of the worst home records in the NHL, only more wins than Chicago and Detroit...yikes

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->