Rumor: Flames pursuing Jaromir Jagr

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Jagr has more "joy of life", and cares about regular season games, and adding to his point total - it's still fun for him. Iggy looks tired of the regular season, and wouldn't be a regular as I'd think it'd be good to rest him often. I have no doubt though he'd have much more fire in him than Jagr come playoff time.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
This is wrong. Given the fluidity of Bennett, Lazar, and even Stajan, the sentiment that adding a RW doesn't block a C from making the team is a gross oversimplification. Off the top of my head, you have Ferland, Bennett, Versteeg, Lazar, Stajan, Frolik, and Tkachuk that can play at least 2/3 forward positions. Adding another forward at any of them could force any of the aforementioned guys into holes that aren't considered their primary position.

Saying that adding a RW only effects the slotting of our RW's just isn't true.

I'd still have Jagr on the team easily though.

I can concede this but you ignored the crux of my argument which would be Jagr>Stajan in the lineup. Stajan is overpaid and frankly easily replaceable with Jankowski. Janko had fantastic advanced stats in the AHL, and if we're so deadset on playing bennett at centre to develop him it makes absolutely no sense to play Janko on the wing. On the fourth line and with our wing depth, we're still putting him in a good position to succeed.
Stajan is the block. He costs too much (I will never understand this contract) and he doesn't add much to the team.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
If he could teach our young guys how to steal girlfriends, imagine the confidence and swagger that would add to their game! Could be a big factor in getting Bennett on track, I think.

First Burns' stick, then his girlfriend. Absolutely savage

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
If he could teach our young guys how to steal girlfriends, imagine the confidence and swagger that would add to their game! Could be a big factor in getting Bennett on track, I think.

Bennett with a beard, mullet and penchant to stealing babes. Hmm...

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Makes me think it's probably not us.

Given we have our first regular season game on Oct 4th, makes me pretty sure it isn't us lol.

Which teams don't have a game until the 5th:
Anaheim Ducks

Arizona Coyotes

Boston Bruins

Buffalo Sabres

Carolina Hurricanes

Chicago Blackhawks

Colorado Avalanche

Detroit Red Wings

Los Angeles Kings

Minnesota Wild

Montreal Canadiens

Nashville Predators

New Jersey Devils

New York Rangers

Ottawa Senators

Vancouver Canucks

Washington Capitals

Which teams don't have a game until the 6th:
Columbus Blue Jackets

Dallas Stars

Florida Panthers
Tampa Bay Lightning

New York Islanders
Vegas Golden Knights

Makes me think Vegas or LA is the most likely spot.

Last edited:

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
Someone mentioned on the main board that he could be signing with a team that needs to wait to put someone on IR first before they can fit him under the cap. That makes a lot of sense (and would also point to it not being us).

Or I guess the Oct. 5 date could be a deadline for NHL teams to make an offer, otherwise he has a deal lined up in the KHL.

I thought there was too much smoke with this though and he'd sign with the Flames, darn.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad