Rumor: Flames pursuing Jaromir Jagr

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
Oh baby bring on Jagr. Truthfully don't give a **** if we should play one of our fringe NHLers instead. It's Jagr.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Sign Jagr, have camp, give the spots to the best players and worry about the rest later. If Brouwer is brutal, you could literally send him down to the AHL and no one would claim him and if they did, it's probably for the best. I'm not saying that's what is going to happen, but I feel like Jagr would make us a better team and more than anything, our young studs would learn a ton from him. I look at what he did for Giroux, Benn, Barkov, he helped elevate all of them to another level.

Plus yeah, it's Jagr.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
Here's a fun fact:

Jagr had more points as a 45 year old than Brouwer has had in any season of his career

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Jagr has more playoff points in his first two years of his career than Brouwer has in his entire career... so yes.

Not sure that is entirely fair.

Since Jagr has come back to the NHL he has 20 points in 38 playoff games.

8 of those points came in the gongshow series between Philly and Pittsburgh where both goalies couldn't stop a beach ball.

Since 2012-13 he has 12 points in 28 games, and 15-16 he had 2 points in 6 games.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
Not sure that is entirely fair.

Since Jagr has come back to the NHL he has 20 points in 38 playoff games.

8 of those points came in the gongshow series between Philly and Pittsburgh where both goalies couldn't stop a beach ball.

Since 2012-13 he has 12 points in 28 games, and 15-16 he had 2 points in 6 games.

He's 5th all time in playoff scoring. Plus the whole exchange was somewhere between sarcasm and facetious-ness

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Jagr has more playoff points in his first two years of his career than Brouwer has in his entire career... so yes.

It was sarcasm I think Brouwer's contract is one of the worst in the league and have advocated signing Jagr for a while now.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
I'd prefer Iggy, but I kinda get the impression he might hang them up.

Ya, I'd prefer Iggy too. Jagr might provide more offensive spark, but Iggy would provide more of the grit that we'd need in the PO's. Also I don't think Iggy would mind being a healthy scratch during the season, whereas I think Jagr would be more insulted.

Imagine a Tkachuk/Bennett/Iggy playoff line :D

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I'm against signing Jagr or any UFA for that matter. Jagr is not the missing piece that's going to get the Flames to the Cup finals.

Currently we have 11 signed Flames forwards and that number will change to 12 once Bennett signs. Jagr will put us at 13 fwds

I'd really like to see Janko play for the Flames this year. I just don't see that happening if we sign Jagr. I'd rather Janko get his first year of NHL experience than Jagr get his 30th. Jagr won't play here more than 1 year and he certainly won't be playing for us when we get to the Cup finals. I look forward to seeing Janko wearing the flaming C for many years to come and helping up win the Stanley Cup.

The only possible way that I would be in favour of signing Jagr is if we either put Freddie Hamiton on waivers or we made a trade to get rid of Brouwer or Stajan or Hamilton or any combination of those 3 fwds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad