GDT: Flames @ Predators, 22-11-2023, 7 PM MT, Sportsnet 360

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
ktf.gif

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
Bugger it, I'm out. If we storm back, I'll have minor regret but it's a game, I'll get over it lol.

I'm itching to play on my Xbox. Ta-ta!

Reactions: Boomstick

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
My favorite are Harvey's burgers. I wish they had more outlets.

The only burger that matches Harvey's angus burger is Wendy's Portabella Mushroom Melt. When A&W was doing their mushroom burger it was also quite good.

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
Lol he's allowed to throw pucks now? No prob. That'll be game. Weird way to maybe end this team's construction.

Didn't know we could challenge hand passes actually.

Nevermind. They can't get this wrong.

Just kidding. Easy goal.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Flames would have won this game if Markstrom hadn't let in 3 of those 4 goals.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
I didn't love the officiating much in this game but hard to put it all on them when we gave up a shortie and had lots of PP opportunities.

Minor Penalty – Player - A player shall be permitted to catch the puck out of the air but must immediately place it or knock it down to the ice. A player shall be assessed a minor penalty for “closing his hand on the puck”
did Forsberg not grab the puck out of the air and then direct it into the crease?

Outshot, outworked, outskated, and outgoalied in this one. Predators paid us back for that comeback we got on em a cpl weeks ago definitely. Flames weren't horrible really but definitely the 2nd best team on the ice. SELL SELL SELL

Good - Hanifin was our best skater. Keep scoring my guy. Lindholm was pretty good? 3rd pairing was better. Pospisil wasn't quite as effective but still had his nose in it. Mangiapane nice pass, had some chances. Sharangovich late goal but was around it. Marky made some big saves, looked a little behind the play and down too often.

Not bad - Tanev, 4th line seemed all right(although Duehr needs to DuMore), Kadri just ok.

Not good - Backlund & Coleman weren't good. Huberdeau was worse. Dube is trying man but I dunno where he fits anymore.

ugly - Weegar and Andersson both had really rough nights. PP gave up another shortie booo
Subway

Last edited:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Weegar touched the puck, change of possession so it's not a hand pass.
Definitely wasn't a hand pass, so silly if they challenged for that specifically.

But throwing the puck with your hand should technically be a stoppage for puck in equipment. The rules allow players to use their glove to either bat at the puck or stop and drop it. Neither of those occurred here, as he caught it and then tossed it up in two separate motions.

By the letter of the law I think it's a very grey area, but this play really goes against the spirit of the rules.

Reactions: Felidae

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Definitely wasn't a hand pass, so silly if they challenged for that specifically.

But throwing the puck with your hand should technically be a stoppage for puck in equipment. The rules allow players to use their glove to either bat at the puck or stop and drop it. Neither of those occurred here, as he caught it and then tossed it up in two separate motions.

By the letter of the law I think it's a very grey area, but this play really goes against the spirit of the rules.
You can’t challenge a penalty. It was a penalty but they technically got the review right because they needed to call the penalty on the ice.

You can challenge a hand pass but obviously Weegar touched it before they scored.

Reactions: Tofveve

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad