GDT: Flames @ Predators, 22-11-2023, 7 PM MT, Sportsnet 360

salwan

Nov 4, 2023
What's up with Ruz again? He's been bad since coming back from his injury and back to being a fringe 4th liner.

Is it the same old story of lack of application, being invisible on the ice, etc.?

I know a lot of excuses have been made for him, especially among the Slovak fans (bad coach, short leash, not enough TOI), but at some point he is what he is.

do you still have hope for him or is patience running out?

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
What's up with Ruz again? He's been bad since coming back from his injury and back to being a fringe 4th liner.

Is it the same old story of lack of application, being invisible on the ice, etc.?

I know a lot of excuses have been made for him, especially among the Slovak fans (bad coach, short leash, not enough TOI), but at some point he is what he is.

I blame management. His confidence isn't there. But the setback of his injury set him back too. But I seriously put 95% of this on how he's been managed. Might as well trade him. Different type of player than Bennett but similar terrible management messing him up.

Last edited:

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I was so tired I couldn't watch this game live.

Our power play was awful again. Hubes was part of that. I didn't like Mangi on the 2nd unit point, missed and flubbed passes, glad they abandoned that. Ruz looked off yes but had a shot on net that nearly scored - the guy with his body positioning can accomplish 2x the smaller wingers in our top 3 lines with half the effort; but might as well trade him and give him a chance elsewhere (not like we're paying him anything or using him). Really tired of Hrudey's color. Overall just not a good game by us (Markstrom was mostly alright I guess). I enjoyed the Gilbert and Zad tilts. I hope we bounce back next game.

Last edited:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I like Dairy Queen's burgers. Underrated, me thinks.
Yes. DQ and Wendy's are the only places I get burgers. DQ when I want Onion Rings, Wendy's when I want chili cheese fries. Only other fast food place I go is Arby's where I get their chicken bacon Swiss, and of course curly fries... Also I always try and get extra horse sauce to add to burgers from other places

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I blame management. His confidence isn't there. But the setback of his injury set him back too. But I seriously put 95% of this on how he's been managed. Might as well trade him. Different type of player than Bennett but similar terrible management messing him up.
He's been outplayed by guys, what do you expect them to do? At this point in time he's our 11-13th best forward.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
You can’t challenge a penalty. It was a penalty but they technically got the review right because they needed to call the penalty on the ice.

You can challenge a hand pass but obviously Weegar touched it before they scored.
I have seen whistle with no penalty for this before, I swear. He didn't close his hand, but the maneuver gained an advantage. Anyway, could be inventing a memory here.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
He's been outplayed by guys, what do you expect them to do? At this point in time he's our 11-13th best forward.

Similar lack of confidence to Jarnkrok even who raced around accomplishing nothing and is now getting points and significant ice time in Toronto. The micro management and treatment has killed Ruz.

I'd play him for the rest of the year with zero consequence. 2nd line minutes, 1st unit pp time. I'd walk bold faced into the dressing room after him playing a poor game and be like nothing happened. I'd drive any naysayers nuts. My bet is Adam is deep down harder on himself than anyone. But that is how I'd coach him. He hasn't needed coaching like he's making big bucks and is supposed to carry this squad. If he's f***ed after this year trade him where I guarantee he pulls a Jarnkrok.

Darryl Sutter looked at Adam Ruzicka's 6'4" frame and was like, I will make you a lucic neely 70s/80s smash scorer. More or less. Same reason Jarn ran around like a scared jack rabbit accomplishing squat. Only difference was Jarn was getting paid so got the minutes without repercussion pretty much. He was terrified though. Ruz has got the micromanagement of a Bennett with the the cattle prod of a Sutter.

Last edited:
Reactions: joescores

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.

He's been inconsistent, but he's only 24 so that's to be expected.

I'd give him a couple years, but am not expecting more than a middle six forward.

I would like him to play bigger though.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Yes. DQ and Wendy's are the only places I get burgers. DQ when I want Onion Rings, Wendy's when I want chili cheese fries. Only other fast food place I go is Arby's where I get their chicken bacon Swiss, and of course curly fries... Also I always try and get extra horse sauce to add to burgers from other places

Flamethrower burger is yummy. Flamethrower sauce on side to add to their poutine or mushroom burger ain't bad either. That sauce is fricken expensive as an add on though.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
You can’t challenge a penalty. It was a penalty but they technically got the review right because they needed to call the penalty on the ice.

You can challenge a hand pass but obviously Weegar touched it before they scored.

And that's the NHL for you..

You can have a 2 and a half minute review on a potential offside that occurred 45 seconds prior to a goal being scored, but you can't challenge a play that led directly to a goal which broke the rules. That was not a hockey play and it put the game out of reach.

The NHL will always be a second fiddle league.

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
You buys 9

Are you seriously questioning him coming back after that nasty hit v boards, most likely prematurely, being shifted left right centre, north south across our lines?
Can I recommend questioning Duehr instead? On more bucks who has played terrible all season long- unlike Ruzicka.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
And that's the NHL for you..

You can have a 2 and a half minute review on a potential offside that occurred 45 seconds prior to a goal being scored, but you can't challenge a play that led directly to a goal which broke the rules. That was not a hockey play and it put the game out of reach.

The NHL will always be a second fiddle league.
Second fiddle to whom, exactly?

The world's biggest sport is soccer. American football, basketball and baseball are North American sports. Which of these are you claiming is successful because it has no frustrating moments with the video review system?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad