GDT: Flames @ Oilers: Part Tres 8 pm MT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
I wouldn't exactly say Nuge won that fight lol. The two guys fell in a heap on the ice.

I will respectfully disagree. Monohan has a lot of size on Nuge, cross checked him in the face and started swinging before Nuge could get his gloves off, not to mention that RNH just had surgery on wrist, I think the comeback was the win.
Either way though I loved that fight. I am not a fan of staged fights(Kassian/Tkachuk) and it was good to see Monohan show some emotion. It was an awesome fight considering the two dropping it.

Reactions: Drop Shock

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Saturday is going to be fun. :)

Kassian did ok last night, but if Kassian gets schooled again by Tkachuck's antics, I'm calling him Zack Classian.

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
Nonsense. Any impartial observer would see that. The Oilers themselves saw it when their coach showed a replay on his tablet at the bench. McSaviour calmed down after that.

Your narrative. Fact is Giordano has a lengthy history of this and there is pretty clear proof all over these boards.
Clearly we see this different. Clearly you have a bias that means your team can do no wrong.
I also think though that Gagner came in with a pretty brutal elbow attempt and that Rinaldo should have dummied him on the spot. I love hard hockey, hate dirty crap.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I will respectfully disagree. Monohan has a lot of size on Nuge, cross checked him in the face and started swinging before Nuge could get his gloves off, not to mention that RNH just had surgery on wrist, I think the comeback was the win.
Either way though I loved that fight. I am not a fan of staged fights(Kassian/Tkachuk) and it was good to see Monohan show some emotion. It was an awesome fight considering the two dropping it.

Monahan has probably had as many surgeries and recoveries as Nuge as had (if not more) in the last few seasons. Those two are probably equal in the total surgeries and injuries they've had to come back from in the entire career.

Monahan is also bigger, but a fluff ball. The two were essentially equal weight classes in the fight even with the size and weight difference.

It was actually hilarious to watch IMO.

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
Monahan has probably had as many surgeries and recoveries as Nuge as had (if not more) in the last few seasons. Those two are probably equal in the total surgeries and injuries they've had to come back from in the entire career.

Monahan is also bigger, but a fluff ball. The two were equal weights in the fight.

It was actually hilarious to watch IMO.

Nuge's surgery was about a week and a half ago.
Still love that it happened with those two, the rest of the guys need to get into the game.
It sucked to lose from an Oiler perspective but that game is what hockey is about, the raw emotion was amazing

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I can just see Lucic talking to Mony last night after the fight ...

Lucic: Look kid, if you're gonna fight I'm taking you to Southpaw Boxing Gym tomorrow. What you just did was just pitiful to watch.

Monahan: Will you teach me how to hit the speed bag?

Lucic: Sure... if you teach me how to score a goal.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Nuge's surgery was about a week and a half ago.
Still love that it happened with those two, the rest of the guys need to get into the game.
It sucked to lose from an Oiler perspective but that game is what hockey is about, the raw emotion was amazing

?? Why is he back so soon? Geez, it always seems like RNH is being rushed back from something early.

On a different note, I think both Oilers and Flames fans can agree OT >>> Shootout. Give us 10-15 minutes of it before shoot out plz!!!

I can just see Lucic talking to Mony last night after the fight ...

Lucic: Look kid, if you're gonna fight I'm taking you to Southpaw Boxing Gym tomorrow. What you just did was just pitiful to watch.

Monahan: Will you teach me how to hit the speed bag?

My main gripe is I'm more curious why it's Lucic and not McGrattan.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Your narrative. Fact is Giordano has a lengthy history of this and there is pretty clear proof all over these boards.
Clearly we see this different. Clearly you have a bias that means your team can do no wrong.
I also think though that Gagner came in with a pretty brutal elbow attempt and that Rinaldo should have dummied him on the spot. I love hard hockey, hate dirty crap.
Gio has a history? Even from last year's incident there was no sign of intent or malice. Clearly you have a bias that prevents you from clearly seeing this. And it was not a knee that McD ran into last night.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
?? Why is he back so soon? Geez, it always seems like RNH is being rushed back from something early.

On a different note, I think both Oilers and Flames fans can agree OT >>> Shootout. Give us 10-15 minutes of it before shoot out plz!!!

My main gripe is I'm more curious why it's Lucic and not McGrattan.
The Flames wouldn't have lasted another 5 or 10 minutes. They were exhausted. All they wanted to do was make it through the 3x3 without being scored on and take their chances in the SO

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
Gio has a history? Even from last year's incident there was no sign of intent or malice. Clearly you have a bias that prevents you from clearly seeing this. And it was not a knee that McD ran into last night.

A history.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
The Flames wouldn't have lasted another 5 or 10 minutes. They were exhausted. All they wanted to do was make it through the 3x3 without being scored on and take their chances in the SO

Fair for this game. But in general though. OT >> SO.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Fair for this game. But in general though. OT >> SO.
I agree. Honestly I'd rather games end in a tie rather than have the winner determined by a circus show shoot out. Its really not fair to the loser.

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
Did you even look at the Aho one? He literarily went to hit with shoulder.

I remember that one very well and I swear by it that it wasn’t a dirty play.
He hit the head first and led with his knee. It was dirty as hell. Why is this so hard to admit for you guys.
It is not too hard to admit when a player does something dirty. For example Gagner's attempted elbow, Nurse's cross check(I hate that play so much), is it too far fetched that Giordano, with a history is the kind of guy that targets players knees when they beat him to the outside?

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
He hit the head first and led with his knee. It was dirty as hell. Why is this so hard to admit for you guys.
It is not too hard to admit when a player does something dirty. For example Gagner's attempted elbow, Nurse's cross check(I hate that play so much), is it too far fetched that Giordano, with a history is the kind of guy that targets players knees when they beat him to the outside?

This is pokemon level farfetch'd. I'm sure Gio literally thinks, "Oh he's getting away, take out the knee!" :rolleyes:

Most Flames fans will fight you to the death about Gio being dirty. However, said same Flames fans will likely have no issues agreeing that when Gio gets beat, he does at times gets really reckless.

Reactions: Nanuuk

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
This is pokemon level farfetch'd. I'm sure Gio literally thinks, "Oh he's getting away, take out the knee!" :rolleyes:

Most Flames fans will fight you to the death about Gio being dirty. However, said same Flames fans will likely have no issues agreeing that when Gio gets beat, he does at times gets really reckless.

At best it is a reckless move, from the outside a pattern has emerged. It does not take away how good Gio is and has been for the Flames. I do wish I had him on my team.

Reactions: Fig

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
At best it is a reckless move, from the outside a pattern has emerged. It does not take away how good Gio is and has been for the Flames. I do wish I had him on my team.

See, I can live with this. Most of us will agree that Gio was reckless. But there's no damn way we will agree that Gio is actively and purposefully doing things that may end the careers of other players. There's just no way that's a reasonable conclusion to us.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016

First you are on a Flames board. Don't like what you hear go back to the Oiler board.

Every game you guys have excuses and BS ... The Season series is Flames 3 - S'Oilers 0

No penalty... No Parros review... Non-issue

S'Oilers media whines and cries then gets national play but NOTHING has come from any of their whining from the League.

You got your butts beat.. The S'Oilers soiled the bed again .. Round 4 upcoming .. S'Oilers soon to go 0 and 4

Kiss Gio's boots

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
People still think that Aho hit was dirty?

That's textbook bodychecking + Aho being a moron skating into the slot with his head down.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I'll give you that its reckless but would there be the same level of uproar if the puck handler was Gagner? I doubt it. Also I strongly doubt that it was intentional recklessness, and if you say so I think you are being dishonest. McDavid is the fastest skater in the league and Gio knew he was going to get beat. A split second decision had to be made to try and prevent that because once McD got past Gio the chances that a goal would be scored would be very high. Gio did what he did.. on reflex. No planning or intentional recklessness was involved. I think Gio was just hoping to slow him up or at worst, trip him. If McDavid had gone down the worst that Gio would have gotten was a tripping or interference penalty, because that's all it was.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Didn't know Nuge just had wrist surgery. In that case that's impressive lol. Was a nice unexpected scrap, kinda cool to see some unlikely competitors go at it.

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
I'll give you that its reckless but would there be the same level of uproar if the puck handler was Gagner? I doubt it. Also I strongly doubt that it was intentional recklessness, and if you say so I think you are being dishonest. McDavid is the fastest skater in the league and Gio knew he was going to get beat. A split second decision had to be made to try and prevent that because once McD got past Gio the chances that a goal would be scored would be very high. Gio did what he did.. on reflex. No planning or intentional recklessness was involved. I think Gio was just hoping to slow him up or at worst, trip him. If McDavid had gone down the worst that Gio would have gotten was a tripping or interference penalty, because that's all it was.

I would not mean dishonesty. There is pretty clear video evidence that shows he has done it several times. I also do not care which player it is from which team, that is a bush league play, that seems to be Gio's go to move when he gets beat, at some point it could be considered intent.

It could have been a lot worse, do not fool yourself, McD is quick enough to move.

Funny you brought up Gagner because had that elbow landed earlier in the game we would be discussing what a dirty play that is(and it was very dirty). I think that Rinaldo should have dummied him on the spot.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Saturday is going to be fun. :)

Kassian did ok last night, but if Kassian gets schooled again by Tkachuck's antics, I'm calling him Zack Classian.
Is MT the best rat in the game now? Marchand is good, but IMO MT is now the better player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad