GDT: Flames @ Oilers: Part Tres 8 pm MT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
Nor did I claim he was, hell he got suspended for a head shot once. Did you understand the context of the Crosby slash? Did you watch that game? Methot took a questionable run at him, the ref no called it and so Crosby took action, not a great idea but Methot has not touched him since.

Do you want to go video for video on dirty play, Tkachuk vs McDavid?

I'm really not interested in going through video for you to prove a point - thanks though. You've strawmaned this into if McDavid is, or isn't, dirtier than Tkachuk. All I'm saying is that there seems to be a board/HF Oil thought that Tkachuk should be fighting everyone for his actions that people take exception to - but McDavid doesn't have the same obligation. That's all I'm saying.

I'm of the notion that skill players should have room to play - I don't pay for games to have goons running around, and I like watching Connor play (outside of against us). The league needs more skill, more speed and less goon.

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
I don't think anyone here has made that claim.

As for importance to the team, well yes Tkachuk is one of our key players. Arguably he's currently our best player. Much like McDavid is your best player. Of course, that says nothing to the skill level of each of those individuals as clearly McDavid is the more skilled player of the two, and anyone stating otherwise isn't being honest. That doesn't diminish their individual importance to their respective teams.

My issue with the so-called "code" that keeps being thrown around is that there is no expectation for a player to have to fight to respond to a clean legal open ice hit. Clean, in the sense that no penalty was called, that the NHL reviews and dismisses claims that illegal hits were made.

In the Giordano case, while it was nearly an illegal play, the referees were letting minor things go all night. Yes, he had his leg out and ankle to ankle contact appears to have been made. Also appears that he stuck his arm out too, which is why someone lost a glove. The "almost kneed him" argument is invalid because he didn't do it, whether or not there is an indication that this may be a pattern.

Be angry with the referees for not calling things consistent that night, not Giordano for almost/maybe interfering or tripping McDavid. There isn't a code that applies here, just the rulebook.
I was going to say this, but I'm too lazy. Well said, Dube Dube Doo, well said.

Reactions: Janks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad