GDT: Flames @ Oilers: Part Tres 8 pm MT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
First you are on a Flames board. Don't like what you hear go back to the Oiler board.

Every game you guys have excuses and BS ... The Season series is Flames 3 - S'Oilers 0

No penalty... No Parros review... Non-issue

S'Oilers media whines and cries then gets national play but NOTHING has come from any of their whining from the League.

You got your butts beat.. The S'Oilers soiled the bed again .. Round 4 upcoming .. S'Oilers soon to go 0 and 4

Kiss Gio's boots
Wow, pretty sure I have been nothing but respectful on here and in fact have done almost no whining, I think the game was great, the score for me was not but the game itself was awesome.

I think you are very insecure in what I have been saying, most on here are engaging in a pretty decent discussion, why do you feel like you need to attack?

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
Are you spreading your BS in any thread you can find?

Please, give us a heads up on what the whinefest will be Saturday night!
Someone here asked me for proof.
Oh yeah and here is the proper place to discuss the score and winning that you wanted to discuss in an unrelated thread.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Didn't know Nuge just had wrist surgery. In that case that's impressive lol. Was a nice unexpected scrap, kinda cool to see some unlikely competitors go at it.
RNH had a procedure done to his hand/wrist back in late November and he missed 2 games because of it. Obviously it wasn't very invasive surgery and it was 2 months ago. I wouldn't be too quick to give him a medal because he fought Monahan last night. I think some people are angling for the sympathy vote when no sympathy is warranted.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
RNH had a procedure done to his hand/wrist back in late November and he missed 2 games because of it. Obviously it wasn't very invasive surgery and it was 2 months ago. I wouldn't be too quick to give him a medal because he fought Monahan last night. I think some people are angling for the sympathy vote when no sympathy is warranted.
Regardless, that’s the kind of fight that the league has to keep in the game. It was two guys who just got pissed, and fought.

Reactions: Drop Shock

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019

No sympathy at all, if Nuge was really hurt he would not fight. Just saying that it is impressive to see a player do that. There are no angles here, the medal would go for absorbing Mononhan's jump and arguably winning the fight. I loved that fight though, those are the kind of fights that you live for as a hockey fan, heat of the moment and not staged.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Someone here asked me for proof.
Oh yeah and here is the proper place to discuss the score and winning that you wanted to discuss in an unrelated thread.
Since you're here, what was your opinion on the lack of action after the devastating hit on McD?

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
In this case after many on the board disagreed with your view and rather than leave it be you kept insisting Gio and the play were dirty. It's done ... The NHL ruled it was the right call.

Love the rivalry but...

Flames rule... S'Oilers crap the bed.

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
Since you're here, what was your opinion on the lack of action after the devastating hit on McD?

As an Oiler fan I was pretty pissed off TBH. We have a player named Jujar Khaira who has had trouble staying in the line up and that was a great chance for him to show up.
Also weird enough as an Oiler fan, when Gagner tried chucking that dirty elbow that Rinaldo did not tune him in.
I think Saturday's game will be dirty as hell.

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
In this case after many on the board disagreed with your view and rather than leave it be you kept insisting Gio and the play were dirty. It's done ... The NHL ruled it was the right call.

Love the rivalry but...

Flames rule... S'Oilers crap the bed.

Do you think the NHL gets it right all the time?

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
As an Oiler fan I was pretty pissed off TBH. We have a player named Jujar Khaira who has had trouble staying in the line up and that was a great chance for him to show up.
Also weird enough as an Oiler fan, when Gagner tried chucking that dirty elbow that Rinaldo did not tune him in.
I think Saturday's game will be dirty as hell.
Could you imagine the uproar if Rinaldo did smack around little sammy? More whining from you guys.

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
Could you imagine the uproar if Rinaldo did smack around little sammy? More whining from you guys.

Hmmmm, looks like I was the guy that suggested he should have. I don't think uproar is what you think it is.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I've got no problem with HFOil fans coming on here and posting.. as long as they talk out of the same side of their mouth that they do on their own board or the main board. My problem is posters who say run their mouth off with garbage on their own board, or the main board, but are all sugar and spice on ours.

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
I've got no problem with HFOil fans coming on here and posting.. as long as they talk out of the same side of their mouth that they do on their own board or the main board. My problem is posters who say nasty garbage on their own board, or the main board, but are all sugar and spice on ours.
I can play it that way if you like. I just like to be respectful when on others boards, I can be a prick on the oil board or even the mains but I really feel like this is your space and I should treat it like a guest, despite different viewpoints.

Reactions: Khrox

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I can play it that way if you like. I just like to be respectful when on others boards, I can be a prick on the oil board or even the mains but I really feel like this is your space and I should treat it like a guest, despite different viewpoints.
No need to be a prick on any board..

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
Anyways back to hockey(lets skip the Gio stuff). The real takeaways for me are this:

1 - Rittich is real, I am eating a ton of crow because I thought you guys were screwed in net
2 - I get why a lot of you turned on Bennet, he is not the same guy that was drafted
3 - I do not get why some have turned on Brodie, he is one of the most underrated players in the game
4 - Tkachuk is still a coward, but at least he tried
5 - The RNH/Mono fight are the kind of fights the league should keep in the game
6- As I have said several times, Rinaldo should have dummied Gagner
7 - Nurse laid a very dirty cross check, he will anser for that next game I am sure
8 - Something is wrong with Gaudreau, I do not know what it is but something is not right
9 - This is the game I became a fan of Monohan, I always thought he was emotionless now I like him
10 - We need to meet in the playoffs, that will be BOA full tilt.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
I've got no problem with HFOil fans coming on here and posting.. as long as they talk out of the same side of their mouth that they do on their own board or the main board. My problem is posters who say run their mouth off with garbage on their own board, or the main board, but are all sugar and spice on ours.
No kidding, how long does any post from a flames fan last on their board?. This guys agenda is very clear right from his first post. Transparent and weak, just like his team.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
Do you think the NHL gets it right all the time?
Suspensions and supplemental discipline are top notch.

In game officiating could be more consistent but that said the best league in the world has the best officials.

Last nights game had two very experienced ref's and though we all cry afoul at times the ref's called things pretty evenly.

So what is the deal spamming the board with 6 of the past 10 posts?

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
Suspensions and supplemental discipline are top notch.

In game officiating could be more consistent but that said the best league in the world has the best officials.

Last nights game had two very experienced ref's and though we all cry afoul at times the ref's called things pretty evenly.

So what is the deal spamming the board with 6 of the past 10 posts?

Not gonna bite on your bait in the last sentence there, clearly trying to get a reaction, you will not get it.

I actually felt like the refs really kind of jobbed Calgary in the third period TBH, I think they were make up calls from the missed Gio penalty.

Do you remember a couple of years ago when Gaudreau had his hands slashed like 50 times in a game.....the league thought that was ok too(for the record I did not, I value skill players).

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
Not gonna bite on your bait in the last sentence there, clearly trying to get a reaction, you will not get it.

I actually felt like the refs really kind of jobbed Calgary in the third period TBH, I think they were make up calls from the missed Gio penalty.

Do you remember a couple of years ago when Gaudreau had his hands slashed like 50 times in a game.....the league thought that was ok too(for the record I did not, I value skill players).

I am for 82 games like there were last night. The game had everything and the skill wasn't the showcase the teams were. McDavid is an amazing player but when you have a team like Calgary shut him down effectively that is skillful. Playoff hockey is rarely about a pretty play. More often than not it is a depth player getting a bounce, laying a hit, or sacrificing their body.

Coming out of the break I finally see a Calgary team willing to fight for everything they get. 30 games more and we will get to see how effective they really are.

With a little luck a BOA match-up and we are off to the races.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Anyways back to hockey(lets skip the Gio stuff). The real takeaways for me are this:

1 - Rittich is real, I am eating a ton of crow because I thought you guys were screwed in net
2 - I get why a lot of you turned on Bennet, he is not the same guy that was drafted
3 - I do not get why some have turned on Brodie, he is one of the most underrated players in the game
4 - Tkachuk is still a coward, but at least he tried
5 - The RNH/Mono fight are the kind of fights the league should keep in the game
6- As I have said several times, Rinaldo should have dummied Gagner
7 - Nurse laid a very dirty cross check, he will anser for that next game I am sure
8 - Something is wrong with Gaudreau, I do not know what it is but something is not right
9 - This is the game I became a fan of Monohan, I always thought he was emotionless now I like him
10 - We need to meet in the playoffs, that will be BOA full tilt.

1 - Mike Smith still over sells the glove
2- At least Bennett is servicable, unlike half the Oiler roster
3-Oilers suck
4-Drai is still a coward and sucks at shootouts
5- Monny gave it to him real good for most of the fight
6 - Rinaldo would have killed Gagne. Even Kass wanted nothing to do with him.
7-What was Kass doing keeping on that 2 on 1 with McD?
8-Oilers suck
9- McDavid looks real tough when he snaps his twig
10- We'd love to play the Oilers and have an easy pass to the next round, but the rest of the internet wouldn't want to have to hear all the whining from Oiler fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad