Not open for further replies.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
giphy.gif

Flames take the shit pumping #1 of Alberta

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Lol reading the oilers forum, they think they can trade Neal for something good... LMFAO

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Im excited about Mark Spector’s next book:

‘A Homer in a Dynasty or Futility: When it does, in fact, suck to suck’

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Im excited about Mark Spector’s next book:

‘A Homer in a Dynasty or Futility: When it does, in fact, suck to suck’

giphy.gif

Instead of breaking bread, the opposite happened.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Spector going in on McD? Trade must be coming
Even the captain gets blame at this point. It’s McDavid’s team that waltzed through the morning skate, listened to Tippett tell them they didn’t look like they were prepared to compete, then sashayed out at game time like they knew better.

It’s McDavid’s team whose defensive effort comes and goes like a winter breeze, as does he and Draisaitl’s defensive work ethic. And it’s McDavid’s stats line that reads minus-13 in his past 16 games.

It can’t just be about the Art Ross around here. There’s a far more important trophy, and McDavid’s team isn’t getting any closer on that front.

On Friday night, they simply looked like they no longer believe. Like they’ve given up.
After dispiriting loss to Flames, Oilers look like they no longer believe - Sportsnet.ca

Reactions: BobColesNasalCavity

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
I've been a bit wary on how good that Tkachuk - Lindholm - Mangiapane line has been recently and this game was a nice little slap in the face that they are doing the right things but hadn't been able to consistently put it in the net.

Saw a lot of the little things being done right by the team. Forechecked hard (Rieder in the first, Tkachuk on the 1st goal, Mangiapane on the 2nd goal), not only just forechecking put dumping it in and trying to be first on the puck instead of sitting back. The D were also involved in the play and Giordano had a game reminiscent of last years Norris campaign. Plus Backlund is on the board again. It's great to see.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
Accidentally "dropped" the Oiler logo ... and now it is broken like an Oiler fan's heart. Great game for the first line of Chucky, Lindy and Bread.

Don't like how much contact Gio received but it was a great win.
81642761_10156393361912191_3978310674504744960_n.jpg

Reactions: Rodd from Leduc

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Accidentally "dropped" the Oiler logo ... and now it is broken like an Oiler fan's heart. Great game for the first line of Chucky, Lindy and Bread.

Don't like how much contact Gio received but it was a great win.
81642761_10156393361912191_3978310674504744960_n.jpg

I think you're mistaken. Oiler fans hearts are not so easily broken. Their hearts are hard and nonfunctional, like other organs that have been destroyed by a decades worth of alcohol abuse. This is generally from their consummation of the on ice product for the last decade.

You have to hand it to the Oiler fans though. They're loyal to a fault.

I do think the Flames are a better team and benefit if the Oilers are a better team, but such an opinion doesn't mean I cannot feel a bit of warmth in the cockles of my heart to see the Flames stomp the Oilers as they did today.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
I honestly was surprised how bad the Oilers were. They had extended pressure on the Flames end maybe 2-3 times (one of those was a really good by them though). And the crowd was so silent I thought there's something wrong with the audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad