GDT: Flames @ Oilers 2: Electric Boogaloo, HNIC 8 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

lightstorm

Oct 17, 2016
Please tell me Nordstrom, Leivo and Simon are only signed for 1 year.
Jankowski and Reider gave us more than these 3 .

I'd welcome Toby Rieder with open arms, 3 goals in 14 games in Buffalo, thats better than Leivo (0+2), Simon (0+0) and Nordtrom (0+0) combined.

BTW Anyone else disgusted by Lucic (again)? Bennett, his own fking linemate has to fight much bigger Khaira (who has his 7th dman's back), game is out of hand in the third and he does literally nothing, nada, zilch? Cant wait till that fat sack of crap is off this team.

Reactions: Boomstick

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I'd welcome Toby Rieder with open arms, 3 goals in 14 games in Buffalo, thats better than Leivo (0+2), Simon (0+0) and Nordtrom (0+0) combined.

BTW Anyone else disgusted by Lucic (again)? Bennett, his own fking linemate has to fight much bigger Khaira (who has his 7th dman's back), game is out of hand in the third and he does literally nothing, nada, zilch? Cant wait till that fat sack of crap is off this team.
Yes, lucic was coward tonight. Stand up for your teammates and earn your respect you dipstick

Last edited:
Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Gio needs to give up the C

Need a new leader to pull the team together

he has been a pathetic captain throughout all this mess

Being a “lead by example” and “chillax bud” person doesn’t work when your play isn’t good anymore. There’s something wrong in our room, way too much smoke for there not to be fire.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I live in Calgary and have to say that was an embarrassing game by Flames.I think changes need to be made .If I owned it Gerard Gallant (think he is available)would be offered job as head coach and the forward group would be changed a bit.You guys are at least 2 good forwards short by my eyes .Anyways your always getting my support against them Coilers.Good luck rest of the way .

Last edited:

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

That fight was for the Bennett hit bud.But Lucic should be more involved physically for sure .He has not been as bad though as players like Leivo .Anyways back I go to my own board & have a good day..

BudRobinson53

Sep 5, 2020
I have Vulcan Alberta to the Scotiabank Saddledome as a 128KM, (1h 17m), can anyone verify this?

Why doesn't the team offer the coaching position to Daryl Sutter, if even to end the season. I'm sure Daryl wasn't a big fan of KK's meddling, but that's no longer an issue. It would be great to see some fire back in the belly of this team.

The team is so frail right now, getting a goal is such a chore and they are reactive out there, nothing proactive. A new, but more importantly, a proven voice in the room would get a lot more out of this roster. A roster that will certainly need some overhauling before next year.

Hard to blame the goaltenders when they know outside of a shutout, their team is taking a loss.

Jan 29, 2009
Edmonton/Calgary
That was a stinker. I turned it off after the first. We aren't strong cup contenders, but this roster isn't this bad... Ward is awful and there is some obvious rifts in the locker room. As mentioned above I would bring in Sutter to try and save the season and if that doesn't work it's time to blow it up. We made the Oilers look cup contenders which is quite embarrassing.

Reactions: Tofveve and DFF

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Waking up and seeing we haven't fired anyone or made a trade

Dwight-Schrute-Shakes-Head-and-Rolls-Eyes.gif

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Waking up and seeing we haven't fired anyone or made a trade

Dwight-Schrute-Shakes-Head-and-Rolls-Eyes.gif

2 problems that is facing all Canadian teams

Fire the coach--what coaches in Canada are available? People mention Sutter but I think he is tired of the grind of being a coach
Only Ottawa is out of the race in the North--so is Calgary or any team in position to take player X off the team and not be able to use his replacement for days?

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
I want to see Dube use his teammates more. He doesn't stand out in any specific way beyond his speed and drive to the end. Feels like he is carrying the puck in well but has very empty shifts otherwise that are emblematic of a major issue with the Flames currently. He gets it in the corner and just doesn't use his teammates. He cuts back avoiding a giveaway while Bennett, Lucic, and the D stay stagnant or try and find open space while he tries to find an opening. They are trying to do everything on their own and aren't using their linemates effectively and how Dube has played shows that. A lot of individual effort that looks good but ultimately leads to nothing. It's hard to get fluidity in the offensive zone when you're waiting for the guy to make the pass. Just as a general point the team needs to be much less selfish, and a lot better at finding guys in motion in the offensive zone.

lightstorm

Oct 17, 2016
That fight was for the Bennett hit bud.But Lucic should be more involved physically for sure .He has not been as bad though as players like Leivo .Anyways back I go to my own board & have a good day..

The hit was clean, bud. And you guys send your biggest guy to settle the score? Not Nurse, not Russell, but your goon, bud?

And Lucic thumbs his nose? Just like he did when Tkachuk was ragdolled by Kassian?

Go away, bud.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
The hit was clean, bud. And you guys send your biggest guy to settle the score? Not Nurse, not Russell, but your goon, bud?

And Lucic thumbs his nose? Just like he did when Tkachuk was ragdolled by Kassian?

Go away, bud.

that is the problem with the flames, all this crap about caring for each others is just bullshit.
Bennett deserves a fight but not by an oversized goon. If I am a coach, lucic would sit until he comes to his senses. And it’s a bonus if he quits.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
that is the problem with the flames, all this crap about caring for each others is just bullshit.
Bennett deserves a fight but not by an oversized goon. If I am a coach, lucic would sit until he comes to his senses. And it’s a bonus if he quits.

Khaira's not a goon, he's just a mediocre bottom sixer. He's pretty big but no bigger than Trouba or RyJo who Bennett has asswhooped before. Credit to Khaira for winning the fight, I think that's Bennett's first fight lost.

Bennett's an Iginla type leader, he doesn't need Lucic to fight for him. He needs his linemates to score with him.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Khaira's not a goon, he's just a mediocre bottom sixer. He's pretty big but no bigger than Trouba or RyJo who Bennett has asswhooped before. Credit to Khaira for winning the fight, I think that's Bennett's first fight lost.

Bennett's an Iginla type leader, he doesn't need Lucic to fight for him. He needs his linemates to score with him.

I don’t know, in a 7-1 game, I want lucic to be pissed off and beat the crap on anybody who touched his teammates regardless who it is. Only few things he can still do well.

also never said Bennett can’t fight for himself but it should be 4K whenever he is ready. If a goon steps in then the goon is fair game. And yes khiara is a goon, not full time goon but a goon regardless. There is no Rinaldo type goon anymore...

lightstorm

Oct 17, 2016
Sorry but Bennett shouldn't be fighting 6'4" 212lbs players, he couldnt even reach him.

Khaira has fought Watson, K. Miller, Hayley, he even dropped our own Buddy Robinson. Way out of Sam's fighting league.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Sorry but Bennett shouldn't be fighting 6'4" 212lbs players, he couldnt even reach him.

Khaira has fought Watson, K. Miller, Hayley, he even dropped our own Buddy Robinson. Way out of Sam's fighting league.
He's on pace for less than 10 points......he better get used to it. It was a huge hit and I don't have a problem with a guy like Bennett answering the bell for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad