Tanev - Backlund
Rittich - Anyone but Kylington

Markstrom

Markstrom carries us to a W.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Didn't watch last night's game so I didn't go to bed pissed off.
I looked at the box score... 21 SOG with 6 in the 2nd and 5 in the 3rd. What is wrong with this team??? Were the Oilers just that good or is the Flames "give a shit" meter on empty?
I'll probably watch tonight's game but the leash is short and I'll see how the 1st period goes.

BudRobinson53

Sep 5, 2020
Last nights result wasn't the issue - it's lack of heart the Flames displayed. It's one thing to take senseless runs at someone, but there was 0 attempt to play smashmouth hockey. The "lets out finesse them" scheme didn't work and so you had 2 teams just clogging up the neutral zone most game. Versteeg called Calgary on this a few times.

I saw Looch hitting people, I saw Valamaki making some great stops on Mcdavid, I saw Johnny (once again) playing inspired hockey and think Rittich played well enough to win. The rest of the team - brutal. At this point, Flames need to walk away if it involves giving Tchachuk another $1, let alone another pile of millions past his bridge deal.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I looked at the box score... 21 SOG with 6 in the 2nd and 5 in the 3rd. What is wrong with this team??? Were the Oilers just that good or is the Flames "give a shit" meter on empty?
I'll probably watch tonight's game but the leash is short and I'll see how the 1st period goes.

The Oilers looked very pedestrian last night, BSD had a solid game. Flames had 0 on the give a shit meter last night, Ward made it worse.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary

The coach is just that freakin' bad.

Like, remember that guy who replaced Randy Carlyle in Toronto for half a year before they brought in Babcock? Name doesn't come to mind but I'm sure you remember how he was just awful.

Our coach makes that dude look like Scotty Bowman

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Looks like Gawdin will play his first game. In place of none other than the man Ward thought deserved an OZ faceoff with 2 minutes left.

Mayhe it was less about Ward being incompetent and more about message sending to the other guys who could have been put out there?

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Looks like Gawdin will play his first game. In place of none other than the man Ward thought deserved an OZ faceoff with 2 minutes left.

Mayhe it was less about Ward being incompetent and more about message sending to the other guys who could have been put out there?
Of course it was. Froese was there by process of elimination.

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Yeah, the more I think about it the more it makes sense Bennett sits. You look at how the lineup was ran yesterday and it was essentially the top 6 getting run through every shift and then Lucic - Froese - Dube every once in a while (with Froese playing less than the others). He was caught out of position with a lack of hustle on the two goals against and in a one goal game where you are putting your top 6 out there to score, the 3rd line just needs to have a guy that isn't going to cost you, and last night it was Bennett costing the team. If it sends a message for tonight where he shows up then it's worth it. Froese coming into Bennett's spot last night is purely just "who tf else with Monahan out?"

Also hell yeah, Gawd'o'clock

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Ritchie, Froese, and Mackey were all sent down to the AHL. Kylington and Robinson were called up. Stands to reason that we'll see Robinson in? Can't think of someone else to fill in with Gawdin presumably coming into the lineup. Otherwise I can only hope Kylington draws in but it'll probably be Nesterov.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I'm ready for tonight's game.

gettyimages-494253245-2048x2048.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad