Proposal: Flames / Lightning

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
Nonsense.

The most likely offer sheet compensation for the two players in question is 2021 1st & 3rd for Cirelli (Up to $6.3 million AAV compensation) and a 2021 2nd for Cernak (Up to $4.2 million AAV).

If those two offer sheets are signed by Cirelli and Cernak the Lightning will have a hard time matching them, and the compensation I've offered in trade is much more than they'd get on those two offer sheets. Don't be obtuse.
They would have a hard time matching both maybe, but not one or the other

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
I know all about Cirelli. He's an awesome two way player, but he's got a goddamn long way to go to be called Patrice Bergeron 2.0 haha. Bergeron made the NHL at 18 years old and by the time he was 21 he already had two 70+ point seasons under his belt, all while being elite defensively. Cirelli finally had a break out season at 23 and will be lucky to ever score 70 points.
Cirelli has played mostly with 3rd liners and put up good numbers. He has 70+ point potential.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Honestly, I don't see the fit with the Flames.

Flames have legit young d-men but Lightning have same problem not being able to protect them in ED.

Trades for 1st's are dumb x10000000 for Lightning.

Pelletier is a good start but he isn't enough for Cirelli.

I think there’s a fit. Backlund is great but I’d love for him to be bumped down to the 3rd line.

I’d love a Tkachuk - Cirelli - Mangiapane line.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
I feel like you are missing the point. Flames arent going to move Valimaki for Cirelli. They didnt move him for Stone they wont move him for a 2C.
And I think you completely don't understand the value of a proven commodity for an unproven one at this stage of our team.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Im posting a list from Dobberprospects that came out last month. Seider will be a great 2nd line RD in Detroit. Valimaki will probably Flames #1

WTF! Seider will only be a 2nd pair RD? And Valimaki is going to be a #1? Are we talking about the same players here?

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
I feel like you are missing the point. Flames arent going to move Valimaki for Cirelli. They didnt move him for Stone they wont move him for a 2C.
There is nothing wrong with keeping a potential top pairing d-man instead of a more established under 25 forward(cough sergachev).

Flip side there is also nothing wrong if TBL fan realizes they can't keep Kylington in ED draft and TBL fan says pass they will keep Cirelli.

Reactions: AndreRoy

Ledge And Dairy

There is nothing wrong with keeping a potential top pairing d-man instead of a more established under 25 forward(cough sergachev).

Flip side there is also nothing wrong if TBL fan realizes they can't keep Kylington in ED draft and TBL fan says pass they will keep Cirelli.
Oh I 100% agree with this, I don't think Tampa would want Kylington, he's not a fit there. The original offer included Dube and Pelletier who are the Flames 2 best forward prospects (if you still count Dube as a prospect) and they aren't exactly bad players to have in your arsenal. Pelletier is probably going to make the NHL and be a decent middle 6 guy and Dube has been really good in this playoffs so far. If he was traded to Tampa I could definitely see him pushing for a 2nd line spot.
These are my 2 favourite teams so I can see both sides of the argument pretty well. I personally really want Tampa to keep Cirelli and hope they can move some of the "less desirable" contracts out instead. On the other hand I also think teams that want to OS him 6M+ are dumb, he is a great shutdown center but I think his offensive production comes from the people he plays with more than from him

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad