GDT: Flames @ Kraken, 8:00 MT (ugh) 20-11-2023, Sportsnet West/One

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Take this with a grain of salt

Edit I can't get this to post as a tweet for some reason

Interesting. 2 years is pretty short, I don't blame Zad. Pretty reasonable to want 4 or 5 or longer. I think I'd give Zad the bigger longer contract.

you gotta replace x with twitter

2 year deal for Zad would be great. Not sure anybody is going to give him 5-6 years.

Zad is just 28 yrs old. Pretty tough to expect a guy entering his best years with most contract clout to sign a 34 yr old's 2nd to last contract (ie Backlund) IMO.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
The one thing I dig about the new arena is the community rink, it'll be the Flames dedicated practice facility, will free up the main rink so the Wranglers and Hitmen can possibly practice more.

you gotta replace x with twitter

2 year deal for Zad would be great. Not sure anybody is going to give him 5-6 years.
Thanks for the tip

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
The one thing I dig about the new arena is the community rink, it'll be the Flames dedicated practice facility, will free up the main rink so the Wranglers and Hitmen can possibly practice more.

Thanks for the tip

Is a new arena a done deal? I missed this if true

Ras sure has the reacharound hand ready at all times when defending

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Interesting. 2 years is pretty short, I don't blame Zad. Pretty reasonable to want 4 or 5 or longer. I think I'd give Zad the bigger longer contract.

Zad is just 28 yrs old. Pretty tough to expect a guy entering his best years with most contract clout to sign a 34 yr old's 2nd to last contract (ie Backlund) IMO.
I see it from both sides.

With Z's style of play wouldn't want to sign him for 5 or 6 years either. If he was 2 years younger I'd go 5

Is a new arena a done deal? I missed this if true

Ras sure has the reacharound hand ready at all times when defending
Yeah they announced it a bit ago... I'll find you links to the thread

Reactions: Tofveve

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Crazy how much better Huberdeau's pass conversion rate is compared to earlier in the season. Still a few duds, but it's not nearly every fumbling or missing a pass.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I see it from both sides.

With Z's style of play wouldn't want to sign him for 5 or 6 years either. If he was 2 years younger I'd go 5

Yeah they announced it a bit ago... I'll find you links to the thread

I think Zad would sign a compromise. I'd sign a 4 or 5 yr. He's been solid this year and last year here. Wheels might fall off by 33 or 34 though.

And Zad to the box as I write lol

Crazy how much better Huberdeau's pass conversion rate is compared to earlier in the season. Still a few duds, but it's not nearly every fumbling or missing a pass.

Confidence sure goes a long way

Reactions: Felidae

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
@Tofveve

Thanks. Interesting. I'd prefer they kept the Saddledome somehow still, kind of like the Pacific coliseum in Vancouver. But it's great that a new arena is being finalized. Hopefully it's truly class of the league when finished.

Then we'll need a new football stadium like Winnipeg or Regina.

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
If Mangiapanne doesn't do anything positive in the second half- he should ride the pine in the next game. The play dies on his stick.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
With the way the flames have been playing these latest games, I'm actually excited to watch them.

A little bit of that is maybe because Huberdeau is playing better these last 2, not gonna lie.

But that Kadri line is the main event in Flames games.
The Flames are typically a difficult watch from October-mid November. It's hard to understand why it's like that no matter who is on the team

Reactions: Felidae

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Thanks. Interesting. I'd prefer they kept the Saddledome somehow still, kind of like the Pacific coliseum in Vancouver. But it's great that a new arena is being finalized. Hopefully it's truly class of the league when finished.

Then we'll need a new football stadium like Winnipeg or Regina.
I was one of the few that were into the Calgary Next project where we'd have gotten the new arena and stadium all in one, somehow lol

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
The Cheifs lose because of dropped balls, turn to the flames we instantly get scored on to tie it up and now Seattle takes the lead.

I'm the tank commander now I guess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad