GDT: Flames @ Kraken, 8:00 MT (ugh) 20-11-2023, Sportsnet West/One

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
I don't think we've lost in Climate Pledge Arena yet.
Murray Edwards stickin it to those bleeding heart liberal activists trying to save humanity's future

Would like to see the top of the lineup players take over a game. Andersson, Huberdeau, Lindholm, Kadri, Mangiapane let's go here. Can't rely on rookies to get us in every game.
Savy your PP is on a 0/16 run here bud. Running at 12.7%. That's not very good. Change it up.

Flames get outworked in the first half and then mount a comeback too little too late
3-2 Krak

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
Hoping for a good game tonight. I just spent 3 hours installing a custom mod load order for Skyrim SE. Absolutely stunning how much is improved and more pleasing on the eyes.

Reactions: Tofveve

NinjaTurtle

Feb 29, 2020
Windsor, Ont.
Ruzicka out.

Really wished the first line was better, but I like the composition of lines 2 through 4.

Like seeing the young blood in the line up; wish we had some D ready for the jump (or hopefully we return some decent 21-23 year old D prospects when we trade the UFAs).

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Flames aren't nearly as bad as most think, they don't have any major holes, they just don't have any stars and the depth is middling, but they don't have the holes the truly bad teams do like Columbus, San Jose, Chicago.

I know Conroy is looking at all offers for the 3 UFA d-men and Lindholm, hopefully they all get moved relatively soon so we can get on with the season aka lose more than win and gain some assets back. The team even when they play hard like last game, still has no where near enough skill to compete in the playoffs.

We should beat Seattle and Nashville, their depth is worse than ours. Flames win the next two to get back to faux .500 before losing to Dallas.

Last edited:

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Ruzicka out.

I need to say something and it's regarding why I think Ruz STILL needs a longer leash than he's been given. It's 2-fold: one, is his contact isn't expensive, and two, he's been so strangely used and benched his whole career here despite regularly putting up good faceoff % when taking them and showing stretches of offensive giftedness (his big body certainly helping his ability to play along the boards and in front of the net). So compare the number of benchings/press boxes Ruz has gotten compared to Dube or Mangi or a slew of other regulars here. It's completely Asinine. I literally couldn't care less about any Ruz poor play or whatever for like the next year at least. This totally messes with his confidence and is back to the same Ole same Ole. Meanwhile you have these little shrimp players with half the offensive upside and who f*** the dog for long f***ing stretchs looking like absolute shit. Seriously. So just trade Ruz and let him have a decent career elsewhere. So f***ing stupid.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Anyway, tough game against Seattle. They've had some big wins recently. I think we lose 3-2 as well. I hope I'm wrong!

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Actually, if I'm being honest Ruz treatment is a little similar to the treatment Bennett got the first 4 or 5 years here. To some degree. The guys a lot better than given credit if he were allowed to find himself outside of excessive scrutiny. Jeepers.

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
Actually, if I'm being honest Ruz treatment is a little similar to the treatment Bennett got the first 4 or 5 years here. To some degree. The guys a lot better than given credit if he were allowed to find himself outside of excessive scrutiny. Jeepers.
That's not a bad comparison. I would agree giving a longer leash and encouraging him to play to his style would be best.

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
I don't mind Ruzicka getting the bench this game he hasn't been great since coming back and does have some noted consistency issues.

I think it becomes a problem if he gets taken out of top 9 when in or benched for more than a couple games instead of being given this reset and then being put back into an offensive role to play through it.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
With the way the flames have been playing these latest games, I'm actually excited to watch them.

A little bit of that is maybe because Huberdeau is playing better these last 2, not gonna lie.

But that Kadri line is the main event in Flames games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad