Friedman: Flames interested in Zuccarello

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
I understand the Flames fans that do not want to disrupt chemistry, but while hes no selke level player, Zuccs is a guy that defends very well.

My opinion, is that there is no drop off defensively, but that his presence would greatly enhance the offensive capabilities of Tkachuk and Backlund.

I believe the upgrade on the offensive side of the puck is much greater than the downgrade would be defensively.

And I think THAT is what the Flames front office is mulling over.

Either way, deal or no deal, I wish the Flames and their fans all the best this year.
I think the chemistry aspect is also greatly overstated, considering that Frolik is the most talented player, that they’ve had the opportunity to play with. I mean on paper, Neal looks better, but not so much this year. Obviously, we won’t be able to afford Zuc, beyond this year, but I wouldn’t be surprised if we were mulling over a bit bigger deal.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I'm secretly hoping teams don't want to pay a first, or a top prospect for him, and we end up keeping him instead of taking a late 2nd, especially without a good prospect attached to it. It's not the smartest decisions, by far, but It'll be sad watching him leave. Since Callahan got traded, Zuccarello has been the heart of our team, maybe even more so than Callahan.

Rebuilds involve a lot of pain.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Watched him play last night, he was flying. Was absolutely a difference maker against the Bruins.

I could see him being a good fit, but again... I would really want that pick to be conditional depending on us making the Conf. finals.

Reactions: Dijock94 and Profet

JCRangers81

Feb 6, 2019
He’s been one of my favourite players to watch for years.

I think he’d slot in perfectly on the 2nd line.

Although he’s a small guy he’s got more than enough snarl and energy. Plus, adding 100 games of playoff experience to a team that severely lacks it would be great.

Gaudreau - Monahan - Lindholm
Tkachuk - Backlund - Zuccarello
Bennett - Ryan - Neal
Frolik - Jankowski - Hathaway

That's a solid 4 lines....

Reactions: MonyontheMoney

Waivers

Sep 27, 2013
NY
Watched him play last night, he was flying. Was absolutely a difference maker against the Bruins.

I could see him being a good fit, but again... I would really want that pick to be conditional depending on us making the Conf. finals.

So if it’s on the Flames to make the conference finals and they don’t, somehow that has a lot to do with Zuccarello, which I don’t agree with.

Zuccarello is easily worth a late first round pick by itself, no question. The divide moreso lies on the quality of prospect they get in addition to the 1st.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
So if it’s on the Flames to make the conference finals and they don’t, somehow that has a lot to do with Zuccarello, which I don’t agree with.

Zuccarello is easily worth a late first round pick by itself, no question. The divide moreso lies on the quality of prospect they get in addition to the 1st.

I would do a conditional 2nd + a prospect. The 1st will come if we re-sign him or make it to the Conference Finals.

Reactions: Ana Crusis

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Zuccarello is back fully healthy after going in and out of the lineup in November and December because of injuries.
Been absolutely fantastic since he got fully healthy at the start of january.

Dijock94

Apr 1, 2016
You're right, because a 2nd round pick and a prospect for Zuccarello is completely outlandish. How dare I.

If it’s a second the prospect will probably be pretty darn good. If it’s a first the prospect will probably be ok

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
You never explained why you laughed when I said Zuccarello isn’t as gritty as Kane.

Wanna talk about any other players you’ve never watched in your life?
Because it's not true. Kane is a more physical player. It's not f***ing hard to understand. Kane has thrown 2.3 hits per game over his career, Zucc is at 1.2 per game, over the course of an 82 game season that's about 90 hits difference and over their careers, Kane was been in 16 fights, compared to Zucc's one. Now those aren't the be all and end all of course, but those are pretty damning wouldn't you say?

It's not a knock on Zucc to say he is less physical or "gritty" than one of the best power forwards in the NHL and it sure as f*** doesn't mean I haven't watched Zucc play despite you repeating that bullshit ad nauseam.

You really need to grow the f*** up and stop throwing the "you've never watched" card around because someone disagrees with you.

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
Rapports are that zuccarello is not at practice today, could be something going on...

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Because it's not true. Kane is a more physical player. It's not ****ing hard to understand. Kane has thrown 2.3 hits per game over his career, Zucc is at 1.2 per game, over the course of an 82 game season that's about 90 hits difference and over their careers, Kane was been in 16 fights, compared to Zucc's one. Now those aren't the be all and end all of course, but those are pretty damning wouldn't you say?

You used fights, something that’s been dying in the NHL for the better part of a decade to support an argument. Boy, you must be desperate.

As for the hits, there’s different types of physicality. Throwing hits is one of them. Battling for pucks along the boards is another. Zuccarello is ALWAYS battling along the boards and is always getting involved in scrums. You’d know that if you’ve EVER bothed to watch the guy. You could have watched the game against the Bruins and you would have known he was going at it with Brandon Carlo, a guy almost a foot taller than him.

It's not a knock on Zucc to say he is less physical or "gritty" than one of the best power forwards in the NHL and it sure as **** doesn't mean I haven't watched Zucc play despite you repeating that bull**** ad nauseam.

You really need to grow the **** up and stop throwing the "you've never watched" card around because someone disagrees with you.

I don’t care about someone disagreeing, as you can see by my responses to other posters disagreeing in this thread and others, I’m more than understanding.

However, when you throw stones in glass houses and act arrogant and call others petulant teenagers when don’t really have a clue of what you’re talking about only to turn around and play the victim when someone calls you out on your nonsense, then you’ve gotten your just deserves.

Maybe if you didn’t have the typical HF keyboard warrior I think my shit doesn’t stink and know more about someone else’s teams players than their own fans do mentality, I wouldn’t have bothered or cared. However, you’ve got some nerve to try to pin this on me. Then further more, you try to start again and AGAIN proceed to play the victim.

And I’m the petulant child? Take a good long look in the mirror, pal. I find it hard to believe you’d ever pull this nonsense with someone in a real life setting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad