Friedman: Flames interested in Zuccarello

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Already a thread on this.
I think it's beaten to death.

Flames won't use a first rounder for Zucc, Rangers fans don't want to move him without one.

I still don't see many teams lining up to spend firsts for Zucc. Not when a first can get you a good player with term.

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
Already a thread on this.
I think it's beaten to death.

Flames won't use a first rounder for Zucc, Rangers fans don't want to move him without one.

I still don't see many teams lining up to spend firsts for Zucc. Not when a first can get you a good player with term.

It is crazy the amount of people who undervalue Zucc. A consistent 50-60+ top 6 winger but he is not worth a 1st? OK then.

Rangers will get a 1st+ so if Flames dont want to stump up a 1st rounder or top prospect then they wont get him.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
It is crazy the amount of people who undervalue Zucc. A consistent 50-60+ top 6 winger but he is not worth a 1st? OK then.

Rangers will get a 1st+ so if Flames dont want to stump up a 1st rounder or top prospect then they wont get him.
Gotta wait to see where stone and some other players go before zucc I'd assume .

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Zucc easily gets a 1st. People really under value his defensive play along with his play making ability. Also has an edge. He's always in the middle of the scrum. I've been saying this for a while, but it makes more sense for NYR to keep him. They don't have any other quality play makers besides Hayes and he can't even make the plays Zucc makes.

I think the only one in the organization that could make phenomenal passes will be Kravtsov. Zibanejad is in a league of his own....

Reactions: leetch99

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Everyone wants a first. Hopefully the flames don't bite considering the number of rentals. If rangers want a first, so be it, but it wouldn't be a good choice for our organization.

Reactions: BHD and viper0220

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Without trading the first, or having a 2nd, it becomes difficult.

Reactions: Kupo

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Something like the Kane deal then? 1st is conditional upon re-signing, + some other pieces obviously

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
Gotta wait to see where stone and some other players go before zucc I'd assume .
Stone is the best RW going into the TDL. Zucc is 2nd. Better than Simmonds, althought he has the power and strength, Zucc has the speed, skill and puck ability. It will be a very interesting TDL and NYR will only sell to the highest bidder. Thats why it will go down to the wire.

Reactions: slg1963

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Silly given how weak the bottom half of this years draft is.

Which is why we should keep our 1st? I don't know your definition of bottom half, but the Flames not having a 2nd rounder already makes it difficult enough to get a player in the top 62 if we do not have our 1st round pick.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Can he play LW?

I think he'd look even nicer at 3LW with James Neal and Sam Bennett. Give us three first lines basically.
I thought he was a left hand shot?? Or maybe I'm wrong.
Anyways... not a big fan of this trade.... if it happens. Would prefer to get some size and grit going into the playoffs even if its a rental. Would be a huge fan of getting Ferland even if it did cost the Flames their 1st. Btw, the Canes have two 2nd round pics this year so maybe the Flames could get one of those in a package deal for Ferland?

MasterMatt25

Nov 19, 2014
Montreal
Considering the amount of picks recently dealt away by Calgary, I'd be hesitant to trade their 1st for a rental. Depends if Flames think it's worthwhile

Reactions: BHD

Kybb79

Sep 13, 2016
Flames should be after Hoffman imo he has a year left on his contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad