Rumor: Flames interested in Petrovic

Bure1096

Mar 6, 2007
Florida
Shouldn't be in the league. Showed his worth the last few seasons in FLA and his small stint in Edmonton. Should sign in Europe.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Says the team that is paying almost $7mm for the Real Deal......

The biggest problem the Oil face is that they still have a lot of trash on the roster.

Another top 10 pick in 2020.

7 mill eh.

upload_2019-8-1_14-5-10.png

your right we do have a lot of trash. Thank you for systematically taking it out for us.

we will repay you by bringing a cup to Alberta within the next few years.

from our hearts to yours,

yours truly.

Reactions: The Oiler

dookers9

Mar 30, 2008
Edmonton
Petrovic showed virtually NO toughness with the Oil last year. He dismissed any and all opportunities to get gritty with opponents and showed little more than a long teach to compensate for a lack of foot speed.

Not grasping this reported interest...

TheFinalWord

Apr 25, 2005
I think you're confusing the ones with the lowest IQs.

Zack Stortini comes to mind. He wasn't fearless, just not overly bright.
Stortini was a multi-year OHL Scholastic team member. He may not have had the best hockey skills or sense, but I don't think you can question his IQ.

Reactions: Nightrain

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Petrovic sucks.

But on a side note, Jim Mathesons timeline is full of gold lol

nzoilerfan

May 18, 2011
If he signs for league minimum whats the harm, he'd just be a depth defender, anything below 1m can be buried in the minors with no cap implications.

His skating just isn't up to par for today's NHL and his decision making was relatively awful in some of the games he made it into for EDM

dookers9

Mar 30, 2008
Edmonton
Yeah.....that ball-less little ***** requested that Drai answer for his cheap ass slew foot, and wanted nothing to do with him. Big, bad, bruising power forward Drai......*****ed out when asked to answer the bell.

Not that it matters, I'm sure our new resident meat head will deal with any issues Kassian has with the club. Not that I'm expecting a peep from him.
Remarkable post that would impress any intro Psych prof. You have both confirmation bias and cognitive dissonance incorporated into your response. Lol

And the bit about Drai...lol

Last edited:

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Yeah.....that ball-less little ***** requested that Drai answer for his cheap ass slew foot, and wanted nothing to do with him. Big, bad, bruising power forward Drai......*****ed out when asked to answer the bell.

Not that it matters, I'm sure our new resident meat head will deal with any issues Kassian has with the club. Not that I'm expecting a peep from him.

Yeah but you guys lost Dalton Prout. He’s going to torment Lucic and the rest of his former teammates all 4 of the NHL games he plays next season. :sarcasm:

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Oilers were missing Klefbom, Russell and Sekera and Petrovic was still bad enough to not even see a regular game.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
Petrovic/Stone are a decent bet at or near league minimum. Show me type deal.

dookers9

Mar 30, 2008
Edmonton
Stortini was a multi-year OHL Scholastic team member. He may not have had the best hockey skills or sense, but I don't think you can question his IQ.
Fair enough.

I stand corrected, based at least on some scholastic acumen he'd apparently demonstrated.

But having watched him over several years, he struck me as little more than a punching bag. Whose cerebral competemcy appeared contingent on the number of punches he'd taken.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
As a 7th Dman on a 2 way deal, sure. That way a kid develops on the farm and can be easily swapped with AP when needed. Beyond that... Please no.

It's Alex Petrovic. Not Pietrangelo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad