Rumor: Flames interested in Petrovic

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
I can see why the Flames might consider this. They tried to play without a goon last year and got pushed around in the playoffs.
They got beat by big guys that can play hockey like MacKinnon, Landeskog and Rantanen though. I don't think signing goons that can't play is helping...

Reactions: Baxterman

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Toughness in depth spots helps you win games in the playoffs.

We saw how teams loaded up before the deadline this year. It's not a bad depth move at all. I just think its early to go out and make the move. Especially without a Tkachuk signed, even if Petrovic takes 700k. And especially when last year teams were waiving depth toughness (see: Hailey) but I guess they didn't want to be like Nashville and give up a 7th later on (see: Mcleod) and would rather give up the money, which actually frustrates me considering they needed taxpayer money to get their arena.

I'm not sure toughness is the best way to describe Petrovic.

I didn't mind him, but I think he's surpassed Clayton Stoner as the league's punching bag. He seems to get dummied in every fight he takes haha.

Reactions: Laus723

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Gravel is much better than Petrovic was for the Oil - should have signed him.

I'd be ecstatic if the Flames signed Petrovic... awesome bottom-pairing pylon.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
They got beat by big guys that can play hockey like MacKinnon, Landeskog and Rantanen though. I don't think signing goons that can't play is helping...

The Flames have lots of players who can play hockey. They were just straight up soft and flat in that series.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Knowing Matheson he probably was either talking to someone else or the team wasn't even Calgary.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
If the Flames acquire Petrovic, you might as well name them Evander Kane’s punching bags at that point.

Lol, Evander Kane and punching bag shouldn’t be in the same convo; ain’t nobody scared of that Jabroni; only in Evander’s mind maybe?

The big bad Evander couldn’t even win a fight against Travis Hamonic... who isn’t a fighter at all lol.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Lol, Evander Kane and punching bag shouldn’t be in the same convo; ain’t nobody scared of that Jabroni; only in Evander’s mind maybe?

The big bad Evander couldn’t even win a fight against Travis Hamonic... who isn’t a fighter at all lol.

So what does that say about the new player your team is rumored to be interested in for the purpose of adding grit?

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Getting Petrovic on the cheap to be a #6 isn’t a bad idea. Andersson moves up and one of Brodie or Hamonic can be moved for futures and cap space.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Getting Petrovic on the cheap to be a #6 isn’t a bad idea. Andersson moves up and one of Brodie or Hamonic can be moved for futures and cap space.

I would think that this is more or less what this signals. One of Brodie/Hamonic is likely gone.

Meanwhile, Petrovic, Valimaki, and Kylington will all compete for bottom pairing minutes.

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
Damm. Calgary scraping the bottom of the barrel. We will definitely assist you. Edmontonians are really nice people. Which cleaning agent do you prefer ?

Javex?
Comet ?

Let us know. Thank you again for cleaning out our trash.

Says the team that is paying almost $7mm for the Real Deal......

The biggest problem the Oil face is that they still have a lot of trash on the roster.

Another top 10 pick in 2020.

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
Looking forward for "Oilers trash" Kassian to make Tkachuk look like the ball-less little ***** that he is :)

Yeah.....that ball-less little bitch requested that Drai answer for his cheap ass slew foot, and wanted nothing to do with him. Big, bad, bruising power forward Drai......bitched out when asked to answer the bell.

Not that it matters, I'm sure our new resident meat head will deal with any issues Kassian has with the club. Not that I'm expecting a peep from him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad