Rumor: Flames in the market for a defenceman

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
I don't hate it.
Does Frolik PK? Is he any good anymore? Hickey gets a lot of shit for being undersize but has been a really good defender for a long time. Was one of a few that had trouble adjusting to Trotz but unlike some (Eberle and Leddy) didn't have the second half to get acclimated (injuries).

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Mmmm... probably only for a spare type guy.

Gio/Hanifin/Hamonic/Andersson/Kylington/Brodie

Davidson/Valiev/Yelesin as our current extras.

With that group why even bother? A good defenseman would have been bumped out with Valimaki in the mix. Now nobody is bumped out and Yelesin is still there.

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
They’d be looking for a 6/7 so not like it’s going to cost a lot. Kylington will move into the top 6 with Valimaki’s injury.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
Does Frolik PK? Is he any good anymore? Hickey gets a lot of **** for being undersize but has been a really good defender for a long time. Was one of a few that had trouble adjusting to Trotz but unlike some (Eberle and Leddy) didn't have the second half to get acclimated (injuries).
Frolik wasn't in our main 4 PKers, but he has been in the past and is a capable PKer. Very serviceable bottom 6'er who can play in the top 6 if needed.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Does Frolik PK? Is he any good anymore? Hickey gets a lot of **** for being undersize but has been a really good defender for a long time. Was one of a few that had trouble adjusting to Trotz but unlike some (Eberle and Leddy) didn't have the second half to get acclimated (injuries).

Absolutely, Frolik is excellent as a two-way guy. Just hard to say if his production will recover to what it used to be.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Say more things like that...

What's Ho-Sang expecting for an extension?

He doesn't have any leverage, he was qualified so I think he'd just be glad to get a new opportunity. I do think he'd probably start with the Isles if he has a good camp on the 3rd line. Give him a year to see what he can produce.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Absolutely, Frolik is excellent as a two-way guy. Just hard to say if his production will recover to what it used to be.

I'd be happy as an Isles fan if he just keeps producing like last year, it would be great for our 3rd line to upgrade to that.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Calgary says no simply due to the term remaining on hickey's contract.

Huh? This year and next is TOO LONG? You could EASILY trade him for a pick during the trade deadline if necessary or over the summer. You've got to be kidding . . .

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
Huh? This year and next is TOO LONG? You could EASILY trade him for a pick during the trade deadline if necessary or over the summer. You've got to be kidding . . .
Hickey has 3 years remaining. I don't think it's too long personally, I'd be very content with that deal since it gets us an NHL caliber dman AND saves us some capspace while we're at it.

Ledge And Dairy

Frolik is still good at the PK, he didnt play it too often last year since he was replaced by both Ryan and Lindholm.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
pittsburgh-penguins-v-arizona-coyotes-5c4b3bea545610aaaa000014.jpg

To the C

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009

Hickey has three years remaining on his contract, not two. Hickey would become our 7/8 defensemen when Valimaki is healthy, and quite frankly 2.5M for a pressbox defensemen isn't appealing, especially to a cap strapped team. Ho sang doesn't move the needle either.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
It will be a depth guy, wouldn’t surprise me if it’s a PTO. Kylington will play on the 3rd pairing. They will want someone to challenge him and the others young guys in the system.

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
Avs have roughly 800 LD on or vying for their nhl roster a lot of them being youngish low cost guys. Could be a move there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad