Confirmed with Link: Flames Hire Brad Treliving as New GM

JulianHopper*

New Flames GM Brad Treliving

I admit I've never heard of him and therefore know little about him. Must say I was a little surprised when I heard the news today.

Heard him and Burke on the fan this afternoon. Burke was saying that they had a short window, ten days, to sign him after getting permission from the Coyotes to talk to Brad Treliving.

From what Brian Burke was saying is that Brad Treliving was highly recommended by many people and is why he signed him when he had the chance and thought another team would sign him as well.

Brad Treliving has been an assistant with the Coyotes for the past seven seasons and says he felt ready to take the next step and be a GM. Also said he was happy to come to Calgary and have Burke as a guy to work for.

Hope he keeps Craig Conroy as an assistant GM unless of course he gets hired by another team as GM.

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
We didn't hire Nonis!!! :handclap::cheers::5::hyper::propeller:yo:

I'm shocked at the number of people on CBC and tsn that think this is a bad hire.
We've got someone fresh, that has the knowledge to get things done, and will tutor under Burke.

I really think the Flames will keep Conroy on in some capacity, they know what he means to everyone around the org (see the signing of our boston college guys)

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
We didn't hire Nonis!!! :handclap::cheers::5::hyper::propeller:yo:

I'm shocked at the number of people on CBC and tsn that think this is a bad hire.
We've got someone fresh, that has the knowledge to get things done, and will tutor under Burke.

I really think the Flames will keep Conroy on in some capacity, they know what he means to everyone around the org (see the signing of our boston college guys)

What were they saying on CBC

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
What were they saying on CBC

glenn-healy.jpg

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Great signing IMO. Phoenix and Calgary have always had a good relationship together. Hopefully, he can be the catalyst for a Baertschi+ deal for Yandle. A guy can dream right? Gio + Yandle PLEASE!

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Greatest hire ever! The Warrior is leaving the Oilers and am now a Flames Fan! Nobody will outwork Brad
1261018d1382638306-whats-best-starter-watch-10-year-old-boy-image.png

Any guesses on the assistant GM?
My guess is they hire a couple to be honest. Conroy andKisioare my guesses but I don't want Kisio

What would you guys think of Kelly Kisio as AGM?
I don't like it, too much like a Sutter. He's practically apart of the Sutter family.

Burke says there is no limitation on Treliving's involvement with the Flames draft.
That is HUGE! This must mean the Coyotes have had no formal discussions on who they may be looking at, but it's still massive because Treliving has likely had Coyote scouts report to him on players, now our scouts will too. This could almost be like doubling the amount of eyes on each player or seeing a great deal more then the scouts could have otherwise. If the Flames have a great 2014 draft this could very much be the #1 reason why.

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
Flames fans are okay with Burke as their President of Hockey Operations (i.e. in charge)? Is there something strange in Alberta's water? Very strange, imho.

Aug 3, 2010
Flames fans are okay with Burke as their President of Hockey Operations (i.e. in charge)? Is there something strange in Alberta's water? Very strange, imho.

You're a little slow on the draw.

He was hired into that position for the last 9 months... or did you miss that while you were drinking your own Kool-Aid? :laugh:

Mr Lebowski

Go Flames
Feb 18, 2014
Toronto
I love the signing. Sounded a lot like the end of the year presser with Burke. He likes big guys which I agree with. Like Burke said he did everything in Phoenix and has a great draft record.

First rounders since being hired (2008): Boedker (8), OEL (6), Brandon Gormley (13), Mark Visintin (27), Connor Murphy (20), Henrik Samuelsson (27), Max Domi (13). That's every first. No busts.

Other picks of note are: Michael Stone (3rd round, '08), Lucas Lessio (2nd round, '11), Laurent Dauphin (2nd round, '13)

Mr Lebowski

Go Flames
Feb 18, 2014
Toronto

Funny because Burke is one of the greatest mangement persons in hockey. Thought that before he went to CGY.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Burke as usual shoots off his mouth and states his was the only interviewee. If the guy fizzles like Tambo in Edmonton its gonna bite him worse than his moves in TO.

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
Burke as usual shoots off his mouth and states his was the only interviewee. If the guy fizzles like Tambo in Edmonton its gonna bite him worse than his moves in TO.

Youd have to do a lot worse than fizzle to be as bad as tambo.

Mr Lebowski

Go Flames
Feb 18, 2014
Toronto
He took the most screwed up franchise in sports being the Leafs who ere filled with 3rd liner being payed 6 million dollars with NMC and he gave them Bozak, Kessel, JVR, Kadri, Lupul (5/6 top 6 forwards), Phaneuf, Gunnarson, Franson, Rielly, Gardiner (5/6 defensemen) and Reimer their starter for awhile who got them to the playoffs and almost past the first round with his stellar play.

He won a cup in Anahiem and started the winning era of Vancouver. So he makes big statements, so did Feaster. I've always loved Burke even when he went on my least favorite team the Leafs

Aug 3, 2010

Even if Treliving fizzles, Burke can just take over the GM position. :sarcasm:?

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I love the signing. Sounded a lot like the end of the year presser with Burke. He likes big guys which I agree with. Like Burke said he did everything in Phoenix and has a great draft record.

First rounders since being hired (2008): Boedker (8), OEL (6), Brandon Gormley (13), Mark Visintin (27), Connor Murphy (20), Henrik Samuelsson (27), Max Domi (13). That's every first. No busts.

Other picks of note are: Michael Stone (3rd round, '08), Lucas Lessio (2nd round, '11), Laurent Dauphin (2nd round, '13)

That's a pretty impressive 1st round draft record, with the scouting staff we have in place, I'm feeling pretty good about going into this draft.

On a total side note, anyone else hear Burke recall his quote about advanced stats? My point being, he knows his quotes are Gold and he totally uses whatever opportunity he can to restate them and get them more air time. He would never admit to it, but he probably deliberately does that to inspire the next TSN Top 10. I don't care at all either, Burke is awesome and he cracks me up :laugh:

Yung Rotini

6 Summers
May 18, 2013
Penticton, BC

Guy is a stud in NHL 14 :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad