Confirmed with Link: Flames Hire Brad Treliving as New GM

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
Great news. He was one of my top candidates for sure. Wanted a younger guy to complement Burke. His scouting resume looks good, which is a welcome trait(I believe he drafted Ekman-Larsson who is perhaps my favorite young player in the league). I'm glad we were able to pry him out of Phoenix. He's probably excited to come to a team that will let him work with a real budget. He is said to have a great work ethic which will fit right in with the Flames :handclap:

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
He was definitely one of my top choices, behind Futa and Benning. Glad the Flames got this guy from Phoenix, he has a good resume with his scouting and as being a GM for the Coyotes AHL affiliate.

Edit: I wanted to make an "InbeforeBostonPizza" comment, but I was three posts behind.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Good to hear. I wanted someone new, not a recycled GM like McPhee. Plus when other fan bases lament that we got him before they could is generally a good sign.

The Human Torch

Sep 7, 2005
Amsterdam
Obviously the Flames didn't get the memo that you're only allowed to hire inexperienced, unqualified former glory days teammates for high-level management positions. It's clear that your team needs someone to come and teach you a thing or two about winning.

[Please note the heavy implied sarcasm in the above post, I think this is a fantastic hire for you guys and wish someone would smack the stupid out of the clownshoes running my team into the sewer.]

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I'm honestly confused by the mistake. Is it expecting or accepting? if its expecting he may have just felt he really nailed the interview

Excepting is basically a homophone, so it makes sense for him to have used the wrong word there more than mis-typing expecting.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Great hockey mind here in Phoenix. Should be a good fit for the Flames.

TheClassicK*

Really excited to see how he'll build this team. Hopefully it works out like Jim Nill thriving after being promoted to GM from an Assistant.

Anybody have a link about his accomplishments and history?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad