Confirmed with Link: Flames Hire Brad Treliving as New GM

THEWARRIOR

Aug 5, 2005
Greatest hire ever! The Warrior is leaving the Oilers and am now a Flames Fan! Nobody will outwork Brad

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Very excited to have him on board!

We are going in the right direction, it seems!!!!!!

Aug 3, 2010
I'm going to hold off on judging this hire until at least after the Christmas Break depending on what moves or signings he makes.

To me he's a relative unknown although I'm happy that he's from outside the organization, and that he has worked on a solid management team that operates under a strict cap and still has made the playoffs on occasion; although great credit also goes towards Tippett.

Mainly, I am wondering what aspects of management Treliving controlled under Maloney. Any input ton signings, trades, or trade-aways? Haven't seen anything of real substance yet. Also wondering if he's a good signing, trading, or drafting-style of GM as certain managers are well-known for their strengths in one area but weaknesses or mediocrity in others.

Lots of interesting times still ahead I am sure for this Flames group, hopefully all positive. I like the fact that his father is on the Board of Governors for the CHL. Also, he owns Boston Pizza and Mr. Lube. Look for great sponsorship deals for season ticket holders. ;)

Last edited:

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Another aspect I like about this hire is Treliving has already shown he can work well being part of a team and working well with Maloney. He will need to have a similar relationship with Burke, I'm sure that was an important factor to BB when he made this hire.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
cool-simple-tree-houses-photos.jpg

Get it?

Aug 3, 2010
I don't think the assistant, if hired from outside the organization will be named until post-draft for some reason.

Conroy is the only candidate I can think of within the Flames front office that would be promoted otherwise.

Call me unimaginative. :dunno:

Flamesarmstrong22

May 2, 2012
Toronto
Interesting to know it's true that he was the only person that Burke interviewed but it also excites me that Burke thought that highley of him

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Yeah, I think he'd make a great AGM. He'd be my first choice.

Seems too soon to promote Conroy to AGM. I like the role he's currently in.

Kisio would be a great fit. Knows the area, great experience, has a good grasp on young talent. I think he should be a candidate for sure. You also have to think he may bring in someone he or Burke knows from past work experience. I like Kisio though.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Obviously, Treliving has done scouting himself, so why not let him have a say in the draft?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad