Friedman: Flames growing “impatient”

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
I think Monahan, Bennett, Janko, Brodie and Hammer are all available, for Monahan to go a play making center needs to come back, the rest can go in just minor hockey trades

If Monahan is being traded, than we will likely get back a center of Monahan's caliber not better and there is no point in that.

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
If Monahan is being traded, than we will likely get back a center of Monahan's caliber not better and there is no point in that.
Sometimes it's just for a shakeup for both player and team, I think Monahan for a player like say Zibanejad might help both players and both teams

Cherry Picker

Sep 29, 2011
To CAL: Nylander + Kerfoot + Barrie

To TOR: Monahan + Bennett + Hamonic

Nylander goes to his hometown and proceeds to go PPG at centre. Flames are also lacking in puck moving ability from the right side defence.

Leafs sacrifice speed and high end skill for better 2-way players. Hamonic would give Rielly a solid partner. I would play Monahan in Matthews LW, Bennett at 3C with Miky and Moore.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
To CAL: Nylander + Kerfoot + Barrie

To TOR: Monahan + Bennett + Hamonic

Nylander goes to his hometown and proceeds to go PPG at centre. Flames are also lacking in puck moving ability from the right side defence.

Leafs sacrifice speed and high end skill for better 2-way players. Hamonic would give Rielly a solid partner. I would play Monahan in Matthews LW, Bennett at 3C with Miky and Moore.

The Flames are already soft as butter and this trade makes them even softer. I don't think that the Toronto Maple Leafs and the Calgary Flames are good trading partners.

Reactions: Nanuuk

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Bennett + Hamonic + pick/prospect
Kerfoot + Barrie

Equal money in and out, shakeup trade, both teams get what they need

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Bennett + Hamonic + pick/prospect
Kerfoot + Barrie

Equal money in and out, shakeup trade, both teams get what they need

I'd do this if the pick is low (3rd round or less, or a C prospect like Gawdin).

Gaudreau-Monahan-Lindholm
Tkachuk-Kerfoot-Ryan
Mangiapane-Backlund-Frolik
Lucic-Jankowski-Reider/Czarnik

Gio-Brodie/Barrie
Hanifin-Brodie/Barrie/Andersson
Kylington-Andersson/Brodie

Bond

May 10, 2012
I think they trade Gaudreau if they go after a big shake up. Can't see Tkachuk getting traded.

Ledge And Dairy

I think Monahan, Bennett, Janko, Brodie and Hammer are all available, for Monahan to go a play making center needs to come back, the rest can go in just minor hockey trades
Monahan has been one of the few bright spots of this year, hes played great just has a crappy S% which will fix itself over time. Hes one of the last plauers I would consider trading atm

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
The biggest problem in Calgary stands behind the bench, Peters is a good coach who runs weak systems. There's a reason Carolina has gone from annual underachievers to near contenders almost as soon as Peters left. His systems are too passive and rely too much on positioning rather than pressure (ie get in lanes rather than challenge shooters). He hasn't had much to work with in net but it's no coincidence that only one goalie has ever put up better numbers with him than without him. If Calgary had tippet for example behind the bench, there'd be no debate about their place in the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad