Friedman: Flames growing “impatient”

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
Headline should read "Calgary getting sick of losing" which many teams are. The sky should not be falling in CGY. There are alot of good teams outside of the playoffs right now. Nashville is a great team outside of a playoff spot, San Jose is a great team outside of a playoff spot. Out east, Tampa Bay is a cup favorite outside of a playoff spot, Toronto is a great team outside of a playoff spot.

Outside of Toronto where the headlines are always abundant, NONE of those other teams are rumored to be "getting impatient".

Its 20 games in. Handle the adversity internally or die on the sword. Its a tight-knit group in CGY and trading a key piece could really shake the core (in a bad way). Improving your team during the regular season in the cap era is HARD. Ask the Blues if they're glad their GM was patient in January when they were dead-last. Lots of hockey left.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
If contracts weren't an issue a deal based around Hall for JG would make some good sense.

However the Flames would likely end up needing to pay Hall 9-10M cap hit. Which makes the deal a non-starter unless the Flames are getting some serious cap relief through a larger deal.
The Flames are potentially losing Frolik, Hamonic, and Brodie next year. If all Hall is asking is 9-10 million they can really afford that, with Gaudreau going the other way.

Reactions: McTusk

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
Voracek
Ghost
Isaac Ratcliffe/Bobby Brink/Wade Allison
2020 1st
2020 2nd

Gaudreau
Hamonic

Bond

May 10, 2012
Taylor Hall (Signed)

For

Johnny Gaudreau
2nd Round Pick

or

Taylor Hall (Not Signed)
1st Round Pick

For

Johnny Gaudreau

Not bad value but I don't think bringing in Hall for Gaudreau solves the Flames problems and makes them older and more expensive

Reactions: viper0220

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
You're crazy if you think calgary has to add to Gaudreau in a trade for hall.

I think when Gaudreau has two years left on his deal and the risk involved in possibly not having the player past that is worth something if you consider the Flames would be getting Taylor Hall signed to a 5-7 year deal absolutely.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I think when Gaudreau has two years left on his deal and the risk involved in possibly not having the player past that is worth something if you consider the Flames would be getting Taylor Hall signed to a 5-7 year deal absolutely.

There would be no issue on Gaudreau re-signing in either New Jersey or Philly.

I would wager the Flames would add in a conditional 1st/2nd round pick if Gaudreau didn't (in the year that he is UFA). He's a family guy and has always wanted to be close to family.

Reactions: njdevil26

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
What would be the cost of Lindholm to Vancouver?

Asking for a friend...

It would be a lot. Like a lot a lot. He's one of only 3 rhs forwards we have and has really been the only top 6 player worth a damn this year(Tkachuk has been alright too I guess). Signed for under 5 per for 4 more years.

RW is definitely the Flames weakest position, makes no sense to move on from our one good one.

Reactions: Cogburn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad