Poolman - Welinski

Vladar
Wolf
Preseason game #3 kind of line-up

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I don't quite understand why all those players and coaches that have tested positive (18 players/ 3 coaches so far) can't practice together... as long as they go directly from their home to the rink and back. Anyone they come in contact with is already infected.
Not skating for 10-14 days will make it tough to play well when they finally are allowed to play again.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I don't quite understand why all those players and coaches that have tested positive (18 players/ 3 coaches so far) can't practice together... as long as they go directly from their home to the rink and back. Anyone they come in contact with is already infected.
Not skating for 10-14 days will make it tough to play well when they finally are allowed to play again.

Don't quote me, but I wonder if it's due to viral load. Covid is different in that the viral load can keep going up until it's at levels that can risk human survival. It's not like a cold/flu where you can hang out and the maximum effect of the cold/flu maxes out to just feeling a little sicker.

Pre-Delta, I think this is why we heard stories about seemingly healthy and lower risk doctors and nurses just randomly dropping dead from Covid. The viral load went into a range that overwhelmed their healthy immune system. I've also heard stories about reasonably healthy couples who didn't isolate from each other passing away. Again, I think them being ill and cross spreading it to each other may have overwhelmed their otherwise healthy immune systems. I have no clue how things are different viral load wise for Delta and Omicron vs the original strain.

It is my understanding that people with Covid should not hang out together if possible. Covid wards in hospitals are to isolate Covid from the non-Covid populace. Not that having Covid means you can hang out together.

Reactions: Deen and flames23

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Don't quote me, but I wonder if it's due to viral load. Covid is different in that the viral load can keep going up until it's at levels that can risk human survival. It's not like a cold/flu where you can hang out and the maximum effect of the cold/flu maxes out to just feeling a little sicker.

Pre-Delta, I think this is why we heard stories about seemingly healthy and lower risk doctors and nurses just randomly dropping dead from Covid. The viral load went into a range that overwhelmed their healthy immune system. I've also heard stories about reasonably healthy couples who didn't isolate from each other passing away. Again, I think them being ill and cross spreading it to each other may have overwhelmed their otherwise healthy immune systems. I have no clue how things are different viral load wise for Delta and Omicron vs the original strain.

It is my understanding that people with Covid should not hang out together if possible. Covid wards in hospitals are to isolate Covid from the non-Covid populace. Not that having Covid means you can hang out together.
That makes sense.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Brent "Krahn" recently back on the Fan. Discusses his bout with Covid.
Flames are currently decimated by Omi"cron"

Coincidence? Yes.

In all seriousness though, wishing the best to Brent Krahn and a full speedy recovery. I didn't hear the interview directly, but it sounds like it was a hellish ordeal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Snazu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad